The author is a "Candy Crush" aficionado who enjoys sharing tips and tricks with fellow fans of the game.
Candy Crush Level 140
Congratulations on reaching level 140! You might think that you’re a certified expert by now, but you’re in for a big surprise. Candy Crush level 140 is one of the most difficult levels, though it may not be so readily apparent at first. The objective is to clear 99 red, 99 orange, and 99 yellow candies in 45 moves. To save you from doing the math, you need to clear an average of 6.6 candies per move.
Don’t freak out—it’s not impossible to do. Here are some tips to help you beat Candy Crush level 140.
- 1 Star: 30,000 points
- 2 Stars: 80,000 points
- 3 Stars: 100,000 points
Level 139 passed
Number of Spaces
99 red, 99 orange, 99 yellow candies; 30,000 points
How to Beat Level 140 on Candy Crush
- Keep in mind that the only colors that matter in this level are red, orange, and yellow. It’s easy to forget about this as you are making combos, so be extra cautious.
- Don’t worry too much about moving other candies. If you need to combine other colors in order to get better positions, then, by all means, do so.
- You are given only 45 moves to clear 297 candies. That’s not a lot, but with an open board, creating wrapped candies, striped candies, and color bombs have never been easier.
- Blockers are nonexistent in level 140, so you have an open board to form a variety of moves and combinations.
- There are absolutely no tricks in level 140. You only need to focus on the orders to fulfill.
- It is impossible to finish level 140 through regular matching alone. You need to focus on combos.
- Wrapped Candies + Color Bomb and Striped Candies + Color Bomb are your best bets for this level.
- Avoid using Color Bomb + Color Bomb because it can take up too many of your moves.
- Use color bombs when there are a lot of target colors on the screen. This triggers a lot of cascades, and that means more points for you.
- Because there are no obstacles, you might get trigger happy and give no thought about where you make your moves. Try to keep your moves on the lower part of the board. This will help bring down more candies, especially when you need red, orange, and yellow ones.
- Focusing on the lower part of the board also allows for more cascades.
- Aim for large cascades by clearing as many candies as you can with every move.
- Level 140 is deceptively difficult and notoriously boring. After a few tries, you should get the hang of it and formulate your own techniques to complete the level.
BONNIEB on August 10, 2018:
NOT one yellow candy in this level what gives?
Bruce on July 25, 2017:
Finally passed this level after about 3 days of attempts and who knows how many tries.
albadar qamar on February 28, 2016:
I clear it in my first attempt after reading that it is to simple be calm and it is not very important to mix two power candies do it separately it will be more effective that's how I clear it
danielf on June 04, 2015:
Read More From Levelskip
Did it on 3rd attempt..
barb on May 27, 2015:
my game seems different on my tablet. Never get the good combo others get. Been stuck for 5 mos. Watch all videos and they get the breaks. I give up!
rk on May 23, 2015:
I lost by only 1 yellow candy , then i m shocked...
how can this happen
well i m 12 years old
i sacrifice all my boosters in level 140
janet on May 16, 2015:
Can't get past level 140, so tired of trying
Maryan on March 26, 2015:
Praise the lord!!!!!!!I won!!!!!!!! I got 2 pairs of a rainbow and a stripe candytogether then after making a few moves of red, yellow,and orange I was left 6 moves and 8 candies. I did a few moves and iI won with 3 moves left!!!! It was amazing and I literally jumped up and shouted "I WON!!!!I WON!!!". As for the rest of you having trouble, dotn give up just yet!!!Keep on trying to win. Remember to stay low on the board and don't waste any moves on a color you don't need. Keep on crushing em' candies!!!Good luck!! See you guys on level 141!!!!(that is if I can get a ticket);-)
Maryan on March 24, 2015:
I have tried the tips given but still nothing works. I don't know why but combos just want come easy. Whaty you need to win is about 3 striped and candy bomb combos but to do this you need much more moves then only 45. If anyone has any good tips on that are game changing good please respond. Although I am sure nobody has been on here in a while....
Maryan on March 22, 2015:
This ridiculous!!! I have been stuck on level 140 for weeks!!I understand that making an app this great for free is amazing, but if you are going to make levels that you can't win without wasting hard earned money on boosters to win a game its not worth it. I am very masterful when it comes to creating color bombs and combosbut this level is just too hard. And to top it all of, the wheel is only giving me candies I can't use for this level. I have lost with 1 or 2 candies left!!! No tips have helped me and I have read so many tips and watched so many videos but nothing works. I might just restart the game and go back to the good days....the days you could win 10 levels in one day.
Lynn on March 17, 2015:
I agree!!! This is ridiculous !!
Von on March 12, 2015:
There is no need for this level 140 to be unattainable and difficult. All of the fun is taken out of the game. I have tried and tried, and even tried these tips. It's no fun anymore. I am moving on. Life is too short.
Phyllis on February 22, 2015:
alina on December 27, 2014:
I need help to pass level 140,there's no way to make more than two good combos.
Dave on September 30, 2014:
The layout for level 140 is different on a kindle than the one shown also cannot be completed