myVEGAS Slots Mobile Game Tips and Tricks Guide
Taking a Step Back
One of my very first articles was about the desktop version of MyVegas which you can play through Facebook. For quick intro, here's what I shared in that article:
"With over 1.2 billion people wasting their lives away on Facebook, one way to waste away is to enjoy free casual gaming (as I do in my spare time). One of my personal favorites has always been casino gaming because it allows me to feel like a high roller without using a single penny.
MyVegas is presented by MGM and is a virtual world with a variety of different slot games that you play using chips. As you play more, you get loyalty points. And loyalty points are your currency for big rewards."
So if you've somehow been shielded from or ignored myVegas up to this point, it may or may not be a great fit for you. If you're just interested in playing a slot game on your phone and wasting time away, you can probably do better. But if you are considering or are in the midst of planning a Vegas trip then you should be using a little spare time to test your luck and win some real Vegas prizes.
Platforms and Specs
MyVegas is available on IOS and Android mobile devices. You'll need a constant internet connection, so keep that in mind if you have limited data and are on the move. This mobile game is a supplement for the full desktop version which you can play if you have a Facebook account.
You'll want to make sure you're signed into Facebook on both the desktop and mobile versions so that your loyalty points sync up, and so you get credit for the time you're putting in to the game.
As a basic slots app, you don't need cutting edge hardware to play MyVegas but it will help. There's a lot of visual flair here that you'll enjoy more if you're not dealing with stuttering and hiccups.
Allow me to reiterate, the mobile version is a compliment to the Facebook game. In other words, if you are thinking about cashing in loyalty points for real Vegas rewards, then you won't get far at all just playing the mobile game. The mobile game is the seasoning and the Facebook game is the steak.
MyVegas Slots Mobile
You'll start off with a small reserve of chips which you'll then use to play slot machines. While you definitely want to win more chips so you can raise your bets, and continue to play, the real objective is to win loyalty points.
Loyalty points are yellow coins that you are awarded based on the amount of chips you're playing. So if you're betting 60 chips/spin then you won't be getting loyalty points that often. On the other hand, if you're at 600 chips/spin then you're really having fun. As you rack up loyalty points, you'll be able to trade these in for real Vegas rewards like discounted room rates, free buffet lunches, and premium tickets at Cirque du Soleil.
The mobile version of MyVegas is simplified so you'll basically spend time in 2 areas:
- Playing actual slots
- Going to MyStrip and picking a mission. Missions are usually something like getting a set number of 3x matches or betting max a certain number of times. When you complete a mission you'll generally get like 1000 chips and 50 loyalty points.
Sounds simple, right? It is, but there's still room for tips and I'll share them with you.
MyVegas Slots Mobile Screen
Tips and Tricks Guide
I can't teach you how to play slots, well not much at least, as they're based on chance. But because this is a mobile app, there are some simple rules of thumb you'll want to hold on to so you can more quickly unlock great Vegas rewards:
- Play the Facebook version. First and most importantly, play on both platforms. Just think of it as doubling your opportunities to get loyalty points. Or as doubling the chances to win free buffets in Vegas.
- Collect free chips every 4 hours. When you log in to the mobile app, in the bottom right corner is a bright purple button to collect chips. It recharges every 4 hours, and will then give you a set amount based on your level. Just doing this will allow you to build a reserve of chips.
- Stock up on chips before you play. I can't stress this enough! If you only have a couple thousand chips and then you go in to play, if you're unlucky, then you're done in 5 minutes. Games of chance are built on frequency, and the only way to keep playing is to start with a store of chips. That means have double what you'd ideally like before you start playing.
- Pick your missions wisely. Mastering missions means you get chips and loyalty points, so pick the easiest missions first. My favorites are Bet Max missions because once you've played the set amount then you've beaten the mission.
- Log in every day. Okay, maybe you don't have time to check in every 4 or 5 hours. Do yourself a favor and log in every day on your mobile app so you can collect your daily spin. I've went weeks of just logging in and stocking up on chips until it's time to really play.
In case you were wondering, I do have a plan for what to do with my mounds of loyalty points. Since you can only redeem 3 within a 30 day period, I'm basically planning a single Las Vegas trip and I'll use all my points to get 3 rewards.
I can get great deals on hotel rooms on my own, so I'll be using the MyVegas loyalty points for meals and entertainment. As it stands, I'm on pace for the following:
- Free lunch buffet at Bellagio. I've never eaten here but have heard amazing things!
- Free ticket to Cirque du Soleil. I have to pick the exact show so I'm open to suggestions.
- Dining credit at steakhouse. I'm meeting a friend in Vegas and will "treat" her to steak which my MyVegas points will pay for.
Not bad for a couple of months of logging in and playing 5-10 minutes a day, right?
MyVegas Slots Mobile
You have nothing to lose
The bottom line with MyVegas is: YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE!
You play slots for free, and then you can get real rewards in Las Vegas. And it doesn't take long to make a dent so give it a try for a week or two and let me know how it's going. If you're already playing on Facebook, then add on the mobile app so you're getting loyalty points on the road.
I'm excited about my Vegas trip and using these points for dining and entertainment. There's no better deal than something that's free, right?
Are you playing MyVegas Slots?
Are you playing MyVegas Slots?
MyVegas Slots Mobile Luxor
I believe that being frugal and making smart money choices is like any other exercise. As we continue to practice good habits in saving money where possible, finding deals for what we want, and having a good time at it, then we become better at dealing for a living.
I'm committed to sharing my experiences with getting the most out of using credit cards, saving and spending tips, and I might even add a slice of perspective without trying to be a psychoanalyst like some other personal finance folks out there.
Please let me know what you think and if you'd like to hear my take on a specific topic.