Anurag loves playing video games. His guides and listicles revolve around popular iOS, Android, PC, and console games.
Papa Pear Saga combines fruit-shooting fun with pinball’s gameplay mechanics. The game offers plenty of challenging levels to keep you busy for hours. Instead of bubbles, you will be popping acorns, carrots, and an assortment of vegetables and fruits. It gives you plenty of other objectives, such as lighting up animated buckets by shooting pear-shaped balls into them, pushing colorful fruits into buckets, and scoring X number of points.
The game is easy to play and has a simple interface designed for casual gamers. However, some levels are quite challenging. You may have to replay those levels more than once. Follow these Papa Pear Saga tips if you can’t complete a level, or if you want to complete all objectives with extra pears in hand. This article also includes a power-up guide, which may assist you in making the most of special boosters.
- You will find a pear shooter at the top of the screen. Move the mouse cursor to aim and shoot pear-shaped balls at fruits and vegetables to remove them. Score points while you destroy pegs.
- Each level has more than one objective. Game objectives range from removing acorns, radishes, carrots, and other fruits and vegetables to scoring points and lighting up buckets by shooting pears into them. Some levels also ask you to push large fruits into those buckets and remove X number of vegetables or fruits.
- To help you achieve your objectives, the game offers boosters (special pegs) at regular intervals. These special pegs can be purchased with Facebook credits. You will also find them strategically placed between common pegs in almost all levels.
- You lose a life if you fail to complete all or any one of the objectives. Lives refill over time and it may take 10-15 minutes to get a new life at no cost. You can request additional lives from your Facebook friends. Make sure you add as many friends as you can to get more lives.
Tips and Tricks
- In levels where you will have to score “X” number of points and light up all five buckets, try to complete the first objective first. Aim and shoot at a group of pegs to get more points. You don’t need to worry immediately about lighting up a bucket as all the pears will end up inside one or more of the buckets. Once you meet the score objective, light up the remaining buckets by aiming directly at them.
- You can shoot multiple pears (up to three pears) into buckets if you want to destroy pegs quickly and score more points.
- When lighting up buckets, clear the corner ones first, then aim at the middle bucket. You can easily shoot pears at buckets beside the middle one.
- Destroy fruits and vegetables (pegs) of the same type to earn a special multiplier peg. Multiplier pegs double your points for each bounce. Example: A special multiplier peg will appear once you remove all acorns in the game board.
- Bouncing pears off objects, fruits, and vegetables earns you additional points. This gameplay concept is very similar to Pinball games you’ve played on your computer. The more bounces, the more points and stars you will earn. Points fill up the star meter located at the top right corner of the screen. A full star meter earns you three stars.
Types of Special Pegs
How to Make the Most of Special Pegs
Boosters are special pegs that bestow special powers upon pears. A pear bouncing off booster pegs gets more powerful and helps you remove common pegs as well as score bonus points.
Boosters appear on a game board after certain combos are triggered. You can also get them in exchange for gold bars, which can be purchased with real money. Follow the guide below if you don't want to spend cold cash on boosters. You can also follow these tips below to make the most of these boosters in Papa Pear Saga:
- Papa Grande Peg: Colliding with a Papa Grande peg will make your pear bigger. A big pear can destroy more pegs than a normal pear (though it doesn't bounce as much as a normal pear).
- Papa Fire Peg: When your pear hits this special peg, it turns into a fireball, burning and destroying common pegs quickly. A fiery pear can destroy more fruits and vegetables than a normal pear.
- Split Papa Peg: Colliding with this special peg will create a copy of your pear. You will have two pears destroying pegs and earning more points for you.
- Light up Peg: When your pear hits the rainbow-colored Light Up peg, a dull, animated bucket will light up immediately.
- Multiplier Peg: If you remove all fruits and vegetables of the same type, you earn a special multiplier peg.
How to Create Special Pegs: Combos
Special pegs can be bought for gold bars, but who wants to spend cold cash when one can get them for free? You just need to fulfill certain conditions, or combos as players call them. Here are some tips to create special pegs or boosters:
- If you want to create Papa Grande, you just have to make sure your pear removes fifty objects on the game board.
- If you want to make Fire Papa, make your peg bounce off a bucket’s edge and then bounce off the wall.
- To make a Split Papa, i.e., a clone of your papa peg, you will need to bounce your original peg off any of the buckets in the game board at least five times.
- The Rainbow Special Peg or Light Up Booster can be created by hitting your pears off a lit-up bucket seven times. But you first need to unlock that peg at the fifteenth level.
- To create a special Multiplier peg, all you need to do is destroy all fruits or veggies of the same variety (for example, all the carrots).
Read More From Levelskip
Additional Tips and Tricks
- Shoot directly into a bucket to light it up and earn 1000 points. To earn 500 points, make sure your pear hits the ceiling after bouncing off an object in the game board.
- Completing objectives will trigger a “Pear Fever” bonus mode. In this mode, the remaining pears will be released from the shooter pot. This will help you score more points and earn stars.
- In levels where you are asked to clear X number of carrots and score X points, make sure you remove half of the carrots, and earn at least 75 percent of the total score requirement, before you start destroying the remaining carrots.
- In some levels, buckets will be covered with corks, lids, and other objects. You will need to remove those by bouncing your pear off them multiple times. Once the lid or cork is removed, you can easily push the pear into the empty bucket.
Hope these tips and tricks will help you score more points, light up more buckets, and destroy more animated fruits and veggies. If you have any questions or gameplay hints, do share your Papa Pear Saga moments via the comment box below.
All screenshots by the writer, courtesy King Online Games.
Rehman_ch@live.com on January 15, 2015:
i need a booster for my papa pear saga
jessica on September 13, 2014:
thanks for this post
almosthere on August 27, 2014:
I'm 2 stages away from beating the game!! Yay!! Question- are there any secret passages or stages once all the levels are completed?
joankc on July 12, 2014:
stuck on 187 no power up come up during the release of all the p apas from the cannon
Marilyn on May 25, 2014:
I had hoped to learn how to move to the next episode without buying gold bars. Repetitive question here but no answers. I've enjoyed this game but looks like I'll have to delete it.
Shay on May 10, 2014:
HOW DO I MOVE ON OFF LEVEL 45 WITHOUT USING GOLD BARS
Debra Hanks on May 09, 2014:
Im on 187 and can't make points..but I have 257 lives that it will not release to me.help I love the game better than candy crush.stuck on 187fno..sorry..candy crush stuck on 87 for monthsor months.
sweet sarah on April 25, 2014:
How do I unlock levels without buying gold bars??is there a way to earn bars by replaying levels?I don't have a facebook
Rich on April 17, 2014:
sometimes you destroy an item such as potato's berries etc. and you don't get the points that pop up why?
Pat on March 03, 2014:
I too want to know how to earn more gold bars. Every so often I have gold and I don't know how it got there. I do not purchase gold at all. Does anyone know how it is earned???
Sandy on February 09, 2014:
Many times when replay is chosen the game freezes and will not resume play for more than 12 hours. Also I send my friends a life and it will post that I am asking them for lives.
ezierhut on January 25, 2014:
friends send me help to unlock the next episode and it doesn't work! It comes through as a request from them instead or it comes through as giving me a life. For two weeks I've been waiting for the third help key
Cindy on January 13, 2014:
why doesn't it always count as bucket when a pear goes in?
Dee on January 12, 2014:
I s there any way to get more gold bars through game play? If so how?
Caragh on January 09, 2014:
How do you get rid of the invincible purle bouncers
Linda on December 30, 2013:
What about the bubbles? I just got to the levels with bubbles and I don't understand what those are and how to get rid of them (or if I even want to get rid of them)?
Rita on December 22, 2013:
Hi I've just finished level 60 now I've got to ask three friends to help me so I've sent three request and they send them for me nothing is coming through thank you Rita
smdrew on December 12, 2013:
this states: " If you want to make the fiery Fire Papa, make your peg bounce off a bucket’s edge and then bounce off the wall." i have not found this to be true, however, a fireball booster is randomly placed each time a single pear hits both side walls.
Rosie on November 01, 2013:
Question: what is the question mark mean when a friend sends a unlock for the next episode? ( which in turn does not work?) Also why when you request all friends help you unlock, not all get the request?
Grete on October 16, 2013:
I am in Level 187 and it`s very difficult to have enough boosters. Any tips?
Steve on September 23, 2013:
Thank you for the update. I haven't been able to find the hints I asked for.
oooJASONooo on September 09, 2013:
I just want to make a small correction to one of these. To create a fireball, I've been hitting one wall and the ball has to bounce off the other wall. I'm not sure, but I think you can't have the ball bounce back up and hit the roof for this to work. In any case the wall to wall method has been working. Everything else is great though. Thanks for this article.
Anurag Ghosh (author) on August 06, 2013:
Article updated. (Special Peg Combos)
Anurag Ghosh (author) on July 21, 2013:
@Steve Will update my article with those combinations. Regarding tips, well whatever I have observed while playing, I shared with players via this hub. This isn't a detailed walkthrough of the game, just a few hints and tips. Search for walkthroughs on Google.
steve on July 21, 2013:
Actually there are very few tips in your article. All you did was explain how the game works. The special pegs don't appear randomly - they are triggered by specific combinations of hits. I want to know what those combinations are. Can anyone help me with this?
Seet from California on June 17, 2013:
I like this game better than Candy Crush! Thanks for the tips! :D