A Build Worthy of Eternal Stormblade
Eternal Stormblade is one of the coolest-looking swords in the game (the name is so cool as well). But the challenge many players encounter is how to effectively create a build based on this sword. If you’re one of those players, then you’re in the right article. This build will maximize the bonus critical hit chance and critical hit damage from Eternal Stormblade.
This Eternal Storm Knight build is designed with versatility in mind. It can deal a high amount of air and water damage with the aid of critical damage. It has good crowd-controlling capabilities due to a combination of aerotheurge and hydrosophist offensive skills. The survivability of this build is also outstanding due to its wide range of available healing and support skills, plus it has a balanced amount of physical and magic armour. This build will certainly be effective in Divinity: Original Sin 2.
Why Human Race?
I chose the human race for its Ingenious talent that passively grants a 5% critical hit chance and a 10% extra critical multiplier. The build relies heavily on critical hit in order to deal a tremendous amount of damage.
- Intelligence is the primary attribute in order for the build to deal a large amount of magical-based damage.
- Wits increases your critical hit chance and initiative.
- Memory: Put enough points on memory for your skills.
- Strength: You’ll put points on this attribute for the requirements of strength-based equipment.
- Constitution: Put enough points here in order to equip the best shield the game has to offer.
- Aerotheurge is the main combat ability of this build. Max this in order to deal the highest amount of air damage that you can.
- Hydrosophist is the secondary combat ability of this build. Combine Hydrosophist attack skills and Aerotheurge attack skills to have a more effective crowd control capability. Also, the list of support skills in Hydrosophist proves excellent for survivability.
- Necromancer: What’s good about this combat ability is the life steal when you deal damage to your enemy’s vitality. You’ll be needing a minimum of two points here in order to unlock Bone Cage.
- Pyrokinetic: You just need a single point here to unlock Peace of Mind and Haste.
- Scoundrel: You’ll be needing points here in order for you to unlock Adrenaline and Cloak and Dagger.
- Blinding Radiance is your first area of effect skill that is also great for survivability. Just make sure to deplete your enemy’s magic armor first in order to maximize the effectiveness of this skill.
- Electric Discharge is your initial long-range air damage-dealing skill that can shock enemies.
- Shocking Touch is your initial melee air damage-dealing skill that deals better damage than Electric Discharge and can also shock enemies. The scroll version of this skill only costs 1AP.
- Vacuum Touch is a great 1AP skill that can either suffocate or silence the target based on if they have a magic armour.
- Teleportation is the most tactically useful skill in your arsenal. Use it for positioning allies or enemies to your advantage.
- Dazing Bolt is used for hitting multiple targets with shocked air damage.
- Nether Swap is another skill for tactically positioning allies or enemies to your advantage. Alternatively, you can also use Nether Swap to instantly move your character instead of wasting a lot of AP for movement.
- Uncanny Evasion is one of the best life saver skills if you’re in a difficult position.
- Superconductor is a good area of effect skill that deals air damage and can cause shock.
- Closed Circuit deals powerful damage that can instantly stun opponents with no magic armour.
- Thunderstorm (Optional) is the most overpowered skill in your arsenal, but it comes at great cost (4 AP, 3 Source, and not to mention that it fills up 3 memory).
- Armour of Frost is the cheapest and the most effective way to restore your magic armour.
- Rain works like a Swiss army knife. It produces massive wet surfaces that can decrease water resistance and air resistance, stun shocked characters and freeze chilled ones, reveals invisible enemies, increases fire resistance, douses burning surfaces, etc ... Rain has the most number of uses among all the skills. Oftentimes you will use Rain in preparation for Ice Breaker with the help of Global Cooling.
- Restoration is the primary source of healing. Restoration also cures some status effects. You can also use this to deal a reasonable amount of damage to undead with just 1AP.
- Hail Strike is a good area of effect skill for freezing enemies.
- Cleanse Wounds is a more powerful healing skill in your arsenal. By the way, one of the negative statuses that this skill can remove is decay. So you have an emergency heal for a decaying character.
- Winter Blast can deal decent damage with chilled effect.
- Global Cooling is a mass crowd control skill as it turns wet surfaces into frozen ones (frozen surfaces can knock down moving units). It works best after casting Rain to spread a massive wet surface first.
- Ice Breaker deals a tremendous amount of damage with only 1 AP. The only condition is that it needs a frozen surface in order for it to work. The combo here is to use Rain first, Global Cooling to freeze the surface, then Ice Breaker. That’s dealing 450% (as per wiki) to a lot of enemies for just 3 AP. Just be careful about how you use this skill since it will also damage you and your allies that are standing on frozen surfaces.
- Bone Cage is the main source of physical armour, but it requires some corpses around. The skill has a really wide radius, and in case you’re at full physical armour, this raises its maximum.
- Peace of Mind is the best general buff that you can have for only 1 AP.
- Haste is another good buff for 1 AP. It provides a bonus of 1 AP per turn and can cure slowed and crippled status.
- Adrenaline will give you an extra 2 AP when you badly need it.
- Cloak and Dagger is your only convenient movement skill, so use it wisely.
- Encourage is a great party buffing skill that only costs 1 AP.
- Shields Up is used for recovering physical and magic armour.
- Bless has many uses, such as removing curses and providing some buffs. You're a Paladin, so you should have this skill.
- Savage Sortilege is the first talent that you need to learn in order for your magical skills to deal critical damage.
- Hothead will greatly increase your critical hit chance. You won’t have any problem when it comes to the availability of this talent due to the range of healing capabilities that this build has.
- Elemental Affinity – You’ll be standing on your own element in many situations since the play style of this build is melee to mid-range.
- Living Armour allows you to recover a percentage of magic armour when you heal your character.
- Mnemonic is needed by this build since it relies on many skills.
- Eternal Stormblade – Eternal Stormblade is only obtainable during Act 3. You can equip any one-handed weapon that increases critical hit chance in the meantime.
- Shield – If you can find a shield that gives critical hit chance, use it.
- Scrolls – This build may also rely on scrolls in case your skills are on cooldown.
It’s up to you what kind of armour and accessories you want to equip. Just balance both strength and intelligence-based armour in order to have a good enough balance of physical and magic armour.
How to Play?
At the beginning of combat, buff your character with Peace of Mind, Haste, and Encourage. When your next turn comes, nuke as many enemies as you can with Rain, Global Cooling, then Ice Breaker. Ice Breaker is powerful enough to destroy most of your enemy’s magic armour, making them vulnerable to shocked, stunned, chilled, and frozen. Unleash your arsenal of Aerotheurge skills the following turn, which will deal large damage and can also crowd control, making your enemies helpless. If all your Aerotheurge attack skills are on cooldown, you still have some Hydrosophist attack skills as a backup. You can also use Aerotheurge-based magic scrolls.
If you need to play defensively, the build has multiple support skills for recovering physical and magic armour, healing, and evading the enemy’s attack.
© 2020 Arc Sosangyo