Pokémon Platinum – Beating the Elite Four and Pokémon League Champion
Hello guys. I assumed that you had already made your way through the Victory Road. Yay! You’re Pokémon party must be a lot stronger and tougher now. Now you are on your way to victory and become the new Pokémon League Champion.
I thought it would be great and helpful to write a guide about beating the elite four and Pokémon League Champion Cynthia. So, here it is. Hope this helps you my fellow avid gamers.
Just right before when you head yourself through the door (to the finally challenge the Elite four), your best friend/rival suddenly pops up behind you and asks you for a Pokémon battle. Take him on and show him what you’ve got.
Who do you think is the strongest among the Elite Four members?See results without voting
Before you head your way to battle with the elite four and Cynthia (Pokémon League Champion), make sure that you bring with you a LOT of useful items (enough is not enough!). You can’t head back to heal your Pokémon once you enter the inner entrance to the Pokémon League.
- A LOT of Max Potion – I tell you, you might have taken out your rival and your Pokémon might have really grown stronger, but the Elite Four are much stronger
(I am not exaggerating) than you think! Not taking on the account the Pokémon League Champion Cynthia! (Evil smirk). Recover your Pokémon’s HP during or after winning a battle.
- A LOT of Full Restore – You really need these especially when your Pokémon are low in health and awfully inflicted with status conditions. (Poisoned, Paralyzed, etc.)
- Max Elixir – During each long battle, your Pokémon might use up all the PP of its learned move/moves. This will leave your Pokémon without their most powerful moves to use. So stack up more of these in your bag before you take on the challenge.
- Max Revive/Sacred Ash – Fainting your Pokémon during the battle with the Elite Four and Cynthia is inevitable. Use Max Revive to revive a fainted Pokémon. This will fully restore the Pokémon’s HP or you can use Sacred Ash instead – this will revive all of your fainted Pokémon to its full health.
Now you are fully prepared to take on the Pokémon League. Brace yourself for the toughest battles!
Elite Four Member (1st opponent) – Aaron
Yanmega Level 49
Drapion Level 53
Heracross Level 51
Vespiquen Level 50
Scizor Level 49
- Aaron is a Bug Pokémon user. He starts the battle by sending his Yanmega.
- His Yanmega has the ability Speed Boost which raises its speed every turn. This enables Yanmega to attack first giving Aaron the firsthand advantage. Moreover his Yanmega uses the move Air Slash – a move with high-rate of flinching your Pokémon making it unable to attack. The bottom line is that the more turns there are during your battle with Aaron (with his Yanmega) the less chances that you can defeat him. So defeat his Yanmega immediately with super-effective attacks like Flamethrower or Thunderbolt. Other options are Rock-, Ice- and Flying-type moves.
- The rest of Aaron’s Pokémon can be taken down easily with Fire-type moves except of his Drapion – a Poison- and Dark-type Pokémon. Take out his Drapion with powerful Ground-type move like Earthquake.
Elite Four Member (2nd opponent) – Bertha
Whiscash Level 50
Gliscor Level 53
Golem Level 52
Rhyperior Level 55
Hippowdown Level 52
- Bertha’s a Ground-type Pokémon user. Effective move types against her Pokémon are Grass-, Ice- and Water-type moves.
- Two of her Pokémon have more move type weaknesses – Golem and Rhyperior, which are both dual-type, Rock- and Ground-type. Aside from the move types listed above, other options that inflict heavy damage on Golem and Rhyperior include Fighting-, Ground- and Steel-type moves. Moves of these types are Brick Break, Earthquake and Flash Cannon.
Defeat the rest of Bertha’s Pokémon using strong moves like Solar Beam, Ice beam/Ice Punch and Surf/Waterfall.
Elite Four Member (3rd opponent) – Flint
Rapidash Level 53
Houndoom Level 52
Flareon Level 55
Magmortar Level 57
Infernape Level 55
- All of Flint’s Pokémon are Fire-type. Two of them being dual-type, Houndoom which is a Dark- and Fire-type Pokémon and Infernape which is a Fire- and Fighting Pokémon. All of Flint’s Pokémon are naturally weak against Water- and Ground-type moves.
- So, fighting against Flint isn’t that much of a challenge if you have strong Water-type or Ground-type Pokémon. I personally suggest Floatzel or Empoleon (if you chose Piplup as your starter Pokémon). For Ground-type Pokémon, I’d say Rhyperior but it has many move type weaknesses so settle with Gliscor perhaps.
Rock-type moves also prove to be super-effective against his four Pokémon except Infernape. Take all of his Pokémon out using powerful HM move Surf or Earthquake.
Elite Four Member (4th opponent) – Lucian
Mr. Mime Level 53
Espeon Level 55
Bronzong Level 54
Alakazam Level 56
Gallade Level 59
- Your fourth Elite Pokémon battle is with Lucian. Lucian is known to be a Psychic Pokémon user. His Pokémon have varied weaknesses though.
- Inflict heavy damage against his three Pokémon Mr. Mime, Espeon and Alakazam with Bug-, Ghost- and Dark-type moves.
- Cut off his Bronzong’s HP with twice the damage using Fire-type moves and beat his Gallade with Flying- and Ghost-types moves.
- You are good to go if your Pokémon knows the move Flamethrower and Shadow Ball.
- You think you can beat him now? Don’t be so self-assured. Lucian is still a very skilled Pokémon Trainer, the strongest of all four. Battle him with cautiousness and good fortune.
Wow, you have defeated the illustrious Elite Four. You have proven yourself worthy as a Pokémon Trainer. But, there’s one last trial that awaits you – Battling with the Pokémon League Champion, Cynthia and rise victorious!
Pokémon League Champion – Cynthia
Spiritomb Level 58
Togekiss Level 60
Lucario Level 60
Garchomp Level 62
Roserade Level 58
Milotic Level 58
- Cynthia’s an all-around-type Pokémon user. So apply all that you have learned throughout your journey in Sinnoh. Show her what you are made of in this one last battle.
- Cynthia’s Spiritomb has no type weaknesses. During the battle, Spiritomb frequently uses Double-team which raises its evasiveness making it difficult for your attacks to land. The more turns you waste during the battle the less chances that you can defeat her. So, avoid this scenario and beat her Spiritomb as quickly as possible. Cut her Spiritomb’s HP with high-damage inflicting moves.
- Take out her Togekiss with Electric-, Ice- and Rock-type moves; Fire-, Fighting- and Ground-type moves deal heavy damage on Lucario.
- Beat Garchomp with Ice- and Dragon-type moves while scorch her Roserade with powerful Fire-type moves. Finally, strike her Milotic with Grass- and Electric-type moves and win the battle.
- Be reminded that Cynthia is the strongest opponent you will ever battle with in the Pokémon League. Being well-prepared won’t assure you your victory; you must also have a little bit of good luck too. Be wise and learn when to switch your Pokémon during the battle. The best thing to do with your battle with Cynthia is to strike her Pokémon with super-effective type moves as early as possible. Knock out her Pokémon first and as much as you can avoid taking massive hits.
Defeat Cynthia and you will enter the Hall of Fame! All of your Pokémon will receive Champion Ribbons and will have their names marked in the history of Pokémon League.
© 2013 Lanao G