As valuable as the name implies, Sacred Tears are one of the most precious and sought-after resources in Elden Ring. Sacred Tears allow you to upgrade your two main Flasks, ensuring that each swig you take will restore more HP or FP. This becomes crucial to your survival as you get further into the game and enemies deal more and more damage... or spells cost more and more FP.
This guide will help you find all twelve Sacred Tears in Elden Ring. Each is found in the ruins of a church, sitting in front of a statue of Marika (usually, anyway), and you'll need to hunt through every one of the game's vast regions to locate the lot.
There are four churches you can find in Limgrave, allowing you to make an early start to upgrading your Flasks. The churches are as follows:
- Third Church of Marika. The first church you'll likely come across, the Third Church of Marika is located in the east of Limgrave, near the border with Caelid. Head to Summonwater Village in the northeast, then go down the cliffs to the south. The church will be visible from a distance. You can also get here by heading north out of the Mistwood from the Minor Erdtree.
- Callu Baptismal Church. The next three churches are on the Weeping Peninsula, and Callu Baptismal comes first. It's in the Ailing Village to the east of the Minor Erdtree. Go west from the Castle Morne Rampart Site of Grace and follow the cliffs until they start to ascend into forested territory. The path will lead you to the village and the church. Watch out for rats inside the church walls.
- Church of Pilgrimage. Again in the Weeping Peninsula, the Church of Pilgrimage is at the end of a long, northbound, grassy field, on a more or less direct path to the Minor Erdtree to the south.
- Fourth Church of Marika. Go southwest of the Church of Pilgrimage and into the grasslands. There's a massive Walking Mausoleum in the midst of the grassland, making its presence known with its bell. Go up the hill north of the Walking Mausoleum to find the church. There are phantasmal guards watching over it but they're not too tough.
Liurnia of the Lakes
The next three churches are found in Liurnia of the Lakes, and they're a bit tougher to reach than the ones in Limgrave:
- Church of Irith. This one is easy. Enter Liurnia on the Lakes, either by going through or skirting around Stormveil Castle, then head west along the bluffs. The church is nestled against the outside corner of the castle walls.
- Bellum Church. The church itself isn't that difficult to find, it's getting to this section of Liurnia of the Lakes that's tricky. You can either go through the Academy of Raya Lucaria's northern gate, which requires the Academy Glintstone Key, or you can wind through the northeastern lands of Liurnia of the Lakes and up to the Grand Lift of Dectus. The church is just off the road that feeds into the Grand Lift's temple, in the midst of a small forest.
- Church of Inhibition. This church is inside the same maze you needed to navigate to get to the Grand Lift of Dectus. Go south up the hill from the Grand Lift's temple, moving quickly to avoid the flame of madness that constantly hurts you in this area, and into Frenzied Flame Village. Go up the northern hill out of the village and you'll see the church straight ahead through the trees. You'll need to fight Festering Fingerprint Vyke, a vicious invader, when you arrive. He's tough, so grab the Sacred Tear and activate the Site of Grace before he gets to you.
With seven down the church locations are becoming more precious, and you'll only find two of them in the Altus Plateau. They're as follows:
- Second Church of Marika. Found off on its own, this church is located on a series of cliffs just west of the Forest-Spanning Greatbridge near the Minor Erdtree. Head east into Mirage Rise from the bottom of the Greatbridge and you can find Spirit Springs to shoot you up to the church. Approaching the church will see you invaded by Bloody Finger Eleonora.
- Stormcaller Church. Appropriately named, Stormcaller Church is just west of the massive walls that protect the Capital. You can reach it by taking the northern exit out of the Capital Outskirts, then pointing yourself southwest and following the line of the walls until you see lightning. The church is just south of the Sainted Hero's Grave. Don't get them confused or you'll wind up fighting a Black Knife Assassin, as opposed to a pair of wimpy soldiers who try to ambush you.
The sole church in Caelid is the Church of the Plague. Cheery name. If you're not coming down north out of Dragonbarrow you'll have to go through Sellia, Town of Sorcery, on the east side of Caelid's swamp. Light three torches in towers to open the door through Sellia. The church is just off the road as you head away from Sellia.
Mountaintops of the Giants
The last two churches are in the Mountaintops of the Giants. Consequently, you won't be getting a fully-tricked-out pair of Flasks until you complete Leyndell, Royal Capital. The two remaining churches are as follows:
- First Church of Marika. In the northeast of the Mountaintops of the Giants is Freezing Lake, a large area constantly blasted by a blizzard. If you follow the western bluffs south you'll eventually come to the far southern cliff. Follow it east to find the church.
- Church of Repose. This final church is located just west of the arena where you fight the Fire Giant, at the top of a slope guarded by enormous birds. Bloody Finger Okina will invade your world here if you approach the church, and she's an extremely powerful enemy.