How to Transfer Pokémon From "Pokémon Go" to "Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu!" and "Let’s Go, Eevee!"
Transfer Pokémon from Your Phone to Your Nintendo Switch
It is possible to transfer certain Pokémon from the Pokémon Go mobile game to the recently released Pokémon games for Nintendo Switch; Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! You can only transfer the original 151 Pokemon that were originally discovered in the Kanto region (Gen. 1 Pokémon), and you can’t transfer back from the Switch games to the mobile app, but this is an easy way to fill in missing spaces in your Let’s Go Pokédex.
Where to Find the Pokémon Go Parks
The Go Parks are located in Fuchsia City, replacing the Safari Zone from the original Gen 1 games; Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow. You won’t arrive in Fuchsia City until after you have won four gym badges, so you won’t be able to transfer your Pokémon Go Pokémon to Let’s Go right off the bat.
There are 20 different Go Parks that you can transfer your mobile Pokémon to. Each of these parks can hold up to 50 Pokémon at a time, which means you can send up to 1000 Pokémon from Pokémon Go to Let’s Go at a time.
The process for sending your Pokémon from your mobile game to your Nintendo Switch can be a bit confusing, so I will break the steps down into what you need to do on each device before you are able to re-catch the Pokémon in the Go Park in Let’s Go.
How to Connect Your Switch Game to Your Pokémon Go Account
Before you can even start to transfer your Pokémon from your phone to your Nintendo Switch, you must first connect your Let’s Go game to your Pokémon Go account. To do this, follow these simple steps:
In Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu/Eevee:
- Open the “Pause” menu by pressing the X button (or top button on the Poké Ball Plus).
- Open the “Settings” menu by pressing the Y button (or shaking the Poké Ball Plus).
- Select “Pokémon GO Settings” to pair the game to your Pokémon Go account. Confirm once your account if found.
In Pokemon Go:
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Go to “Settings” and select “Nintendo Switch.”
- Tap on “Connect to Nintendo Switch.”
- Your Switch should appear under “Available Devices.” Select it.
Your Nintendo Switch and mobile app should now be connected to each other. You should be ready to transfer Pokémon over to Let’s Go once you arrive at the Go Parks in Fuchsia City.
What to Do on Your Phone in Pokémon Go
To get ready to transfer Pokémon from your phone to your Switch, click on the Poké Ball, the tap “Pokémon.” As long as your app is up-to-date, you should now have an icon that looks like a Nintendo Switch near the top of the screen. You can send any Pokémon that were originally discovered in the Kanto region, except for legendries. If any of the Pokémon you want to send are marked as “favorites,” you will need to “unfavorite” them before you will be able to transfer them to your Switch.
- Click on the Nintendo Switch icon.
- Select which Pokémon you would like to send to your Switch. You can send up to 50 at a time.
- Press “Send to Nintendo Switch,” and then select “Yes.”
- Now follow the steps for the Nintendo Switch. Be sure NOT to close the Pokémon Go app on your phone.
What to Do on Your Nintendo Switch in Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee
Once you arrive at the Go Park building, go inside and talk to the person at the desk. You will be able to transfer Pokemon from your phone to one of the Go Parks and then capture them in game.
- First choose “bring Pokémon.” This will allow you to bring Pokémon from your phone to the Go Park.
- Choose the park where you would like to send this batch of Pokémon. There are 20 parks, each of which can hold up to 50 Pokémon.
- Select “Pick Up” and then “Yes.”
Your Pokemon should now be transferred to your Switch. Once everything has connected and transferred, you will then be ready to enter the Go Park and capture your Pokémon to add to your Let’s Go team. When prompted, be sure to select the same park where you sent your Pokémon Go Pokémon.
How to Catch Your Pokémon Once they are in the Go Park
Once you arrive in the Go Park, walk around until you find your Pokémon. If you sent several, they should all be congregating in the same general area together. Walk up to the first one you would like to catch and press A to talk to it. Select “Catch” and you will be able to capture it just like any other Pokémon in the game.
If you fail to capture a Pokémon that you have transferred to the Go Park, don't worry. It isn't going anywhere. Simply talk to it again and you will have another opportunity to capture it. Feel free to leave the Go Park to stock up on Poke Balls and return to claim your Pokémon Go Pokémon.
Tips and Warnings
- Be careful not to close the app or game or turn off either device while in the process of transferring Pokémon. Doing so may cause your Pokémon to be lost forever.
- If you have a Pokémon you want to transfer set as a “favorite,” you need to “unfavorite” it before you will be able to transfer it.
- You cannot transfer Pokémon back to Pokémon Go from Let’s Go. Only transfer Pokémon that you want to be permanently moved to Let’s Go.
- When you transfer Pokémon from Pokémon Go to Let’s Go, you will receive a “Mystery Box” item, which will make the new mythical Pokémon Meltan appear in Pokémon Go. You can only use one Mystery Box every 7 days. The only way to obtain Meltan in Let’s Go is to transfer it from Pokémon Go. It evolves into Melmetal with 400 Meltan candies, so you may want to make use of Pinap berries while capturing it.
- Shiny Pokémon remain shiny after being transferred.
- You cannot transfer special event Pikachu/Pichu/Raichu with hats.
© 2018 Jennifer Wilber