How to Improve Graphics in Dragon Nest
Dragon Nest Graphics
Dragon Nest, though not a very high-end mmorpg, still boasts good graphics to fondle with. Of course, to be able to play with the graphics outside the in-game configurations, you'll need a pretty good graphics card. Basically NVIDIA and ATI cards are already good enough. Performance-wise however, if your PC can't handle it, then you should select optimal settings instead.
Improved Dragon Nest Graphics:
How to Improve Dragon Nest Graphics In-game
To improve the graphics in-game, simply press ESC then go to the system settings option. Under the graphics tab, you can opt to modify the graphics resolution, the texture and detail quality, as well as choose if you want the game in windowed mode.
Remember that you need to restart the game for any changes in the resolution to take effect. Similarly, you can modify these settings in the 'options' button below the 'start' selection in the game launcher.
V-Sync, or rather Vertical Synchronization, is the option that controls whether the monitor and the graphics card would synchronize with one another in terms of their refresh rate. Enabling VSync simply tells your graphics card to synchronize its actions with your monitor. Likewise, with this option off, the graphics card and the monitor have no relation whatsoever.
How does it affect the graphics quality?
To make stuff straightforward, V-Sync at OFF can lead to 'Tearing', or frames overlapping each other because the monitor can't keep up with the graphics card (Which looks like as if the image was cut in some parts). V-Sync at ON however can significantly reduce the maximum Frames Per Second (FPS) displayed for a smooth imagery by up to 50%, meaning it would lead to dull graphics. So for the fastest and best graphics performance, leave it at OFF. This is especially useful for gaming laptops and those with a high-end graphics card partnered with a high-end monitor.
Credits for the work below are given to Natsuko of DNmods.
How to Improve Dragon Nest Graphics in a NVIDIA Graphics Card:
- Right click on your desktop then select 'NVIDIA Control Panel.'
- Select "Manage 3D settings" tab under the "3D Settings" option.
- Look for the "Program-settings" tab, then under it click on the "Add" button. Select the 'DragonNest.exe'
- The items that follow below are the graphics options available for modification by your graphics card. Simply tweak any of the options to your preference and remember that the highest settings is not always the best.
How to Improve Dragon Nest Graphics in an ATI Graphics Card:
- Right click on your desktop.
- Select 'Catalyst Control Center.'
- Click on the 'Graphics' Tab then select '3D.'
- Select 'All' in the menu bar to see the sliding bars like shown on the right.
- Simply move the sliders to your preference.
- Disable 'Use Application Settings' before clicking apply and OK.
You might like: