Sigbog is an avid Level 40 "Pokémon GO" player and raider with lots of knowledge and experience to draw from.
Jirachi Research Guide
A Thousand-Year Slumber Research
Pokémon GO has made the Mythical Pokémon Jirachi available in a new seven-step research called "A Thousand-Year Slumber." Overall the research is not nearly as difficult as some of the previous research tasks (Catch an Aerodactyl?) but I'm sure you'll want to get it as quickly as possible and this guide can help you do that.
IMMEDIATELY DO THIS:
- Prepare yourself to evolve a Feebas. It will require 100 Candies, plus you have to walk 20km with it as your buddy.
- Save your Magnetic Lure from Stage 1 to use in Stage 4.
Stage 1: Easy Mode
- Catch 25 Pokémon.
- Spin 10 Pokéstops or Gyms.
- Make three new friends.
This stage really does not require much help. Catch Pokémon and Spin stops!
If you need help finding friends, feel free to add my accounts:
Total rewards: 1000 XP, Jigglypuff Encounter, Feebas Encounter, Moss Lure, Glacial Lure, Magnetic Lure
- Catch three Whismur.
- Evolve a Feebas. As mentioned earlier, you will need to evolve a Feebas. You have to walk with your Feebas for 20 kilometers and evolve it with 100 Candy.
- Get a gold medal for the Hoenn Pokedex. Unfortunately, there's no shortcut here, hopefully you already have this.
Total rewards: 3000 XP, 10 Whismur Candies, 2000 Stardust, 10 Pokeballs, 3 Incense
- Take a snapshot of Loudred. For those who don't know how to take a snapshot, simply go to a Pokémon and look at the top right for the Camera icon below the favorite start. Tap it and you'll be able to pose your Pokémon and take a snapshot!
- Make three Great Throws in a row. This likely won't hold you back from completing the research, but if you're struggling I recommend doing a raid with a boss that can be caught pretty easily and using Nanab berries. If that isn't an option, simply find larger Pokémon like a Wailmer.
- Earn three Candies walking with your buddy. Your best bet is to put on a Pokémon that only takes 1km to get a candy. If you still haven't completed the research for evolving a Magikarp, using a Magikarp as a buddy is a good option. Geodude and Aron are good options as well as Golem and Aggron are strong Pokémon. Caterpie, Weedle, and Pidgey are also great options as they can be evolved with 12 candy, making them fitting if you're trying to grind experience and level up quickly. Remember, don't swap your buddy mid-candy as you'll lose the progress!
Total rewards: 4000 XP, Snorlax Encounter, 20 Silver Pinap Berries, 3 Star Pieces, 2000 Stardust
Snapshotting a Pokémon
- Catch 50 psychic or steel-type Pokémon.
- Power up Pokémon 10 times.
- Send 10 gifts to friends.
Not much difficult in this one, except for how long it will take to farm 50 psychic or steel type Pokémon. Hopefully you've at least saved your Magnetic Lure from earlier and can use it to help catch Steel Pokémon. Magnetic Lures will spawn Electric, Ground, Rock, and Steel type Pokémon. You won't get enough with a single Lure, but it will help. If you're feeling anxious just use more!
Total rewards: 7500 XP, Fast TM, Premium Raid Pass, Charge TM
- Battle a team leader three times. Just need to do it!
- Win against another trainer seven times. I guess you and another person will end up win trading.
- Win five raids. Take note that pink eggs are 1 or 2-star raids and yellow eggs are 3 or 4-star eggs. This way you know in advance what you're able to take down by yourself. 1 or 2-star raids are easy to solo but 3 stars can be quite difficult. Also, as long as you've claimed your free raid more than 24 hours ago, you are able to double up and do 2 raids in a day. This is because you can store up to 1 free raid pass, and can earn 1 free raid pass per day. If you're new to raids and want to know more about maximizing your progress by raiding, check out my raid guide.
Total rewards: 6000 XP, Kricketune Encounter, 3 Rare Candies, 20 Ultra Balls, 3000 Stardust
- Take five photos of steel or psychic Pokémon. You should remember how to do this!
- Make three Excellent Curveball Throws. Again, I recommend an easy raid boss and Nanab berries!
- Spin a Pokéstop seven days in a row.
Total rewards: 4000 XP, Chimecho Encounter, Bronzong Encounter, 10 Silver Pinap Berries, 10 Star Pieces, 5000 Stardust
- All auto completed.
Total Rewards: Jirachi Encounter
You've done it! Just catch it and walk away.