Sigbog is an avid Level 40 "Pokémon GO" player and raider with lots of knowledge and experience to draw from.
Cresselia Raid Guide
With only 30849 CP, Cresselia is a defensive oriented raid boss. Another Psychic type raid boss, you'll want to bring Pokémon with Bug, Dark, and Ghost moves. Cresselia features mostly Psychic moves but also Fairy and Ice. You should be able to take Cresselia down with four strong trainers using the right teams, which means five to seven should be fairly comfortable.
Preparing for a Raid
I'll go over building a team of ideal counters next, but before that, you need to prep a handful of things to set yourself up properly. You can skip this if you're a regular raider.
- Check your local Pokemon Go group, Discord, Facebook, etc., to see who wants to join the raid. Unless you're rocking six phones plus six high level accounts by yourself and know how to tap with your toes. When you find enough people, set a time and how lenient you can be with how late people are. 'Hard start' refers to starting at the stated time no matter what.
- If you can, take gym control over to your color before the start of the raid. This will give you two extra balls to use against Cresselia after you complete the raid.
- Bring your friends! Bringing high level friends into raids will grant you extra attack damage to Cresselia and extra balls at the end of the raid.
Pokemon Go Friends Perks
Best Cresselia Counters in Pokemon Go
Building the Perfect Team
Cresselia is a Psychic type Pokémon with Psychic, Fairy, and Ice attack moves. This means you'll want to bring Dark, Ghost, and Bug type. That being said, you'll see some familiar faces in the top list, but also a few new ones!
The top counters are:
- Mewtwo with Pyscho Cut & Shadow Ball
Shadow Ball is now a legacy move for Mewtwo, so if you don't have it, you should probably prioritize other Pokémon on this list as the next best moves for Mewtwo are quite a bit slower.
- Tyranitar with Bite & Crunch
- Weavile with Feint & Foul Play
- Metagross with Bullet Punch & Meteor Mash
- Gengar with Shadow Claw & Shadow Ball
- Scizor with Fury Cutter & X-Scissor
- Houndoom with Snarl & Foul Play
- Honchkrow with Snarl & Dark Pulse
- Banette with Shadow Claw & Shadow Ball
- Alakazam with Psycho Cut & Shadow Ball
- Pinsir with Fury Cutter & X-Scissor
Read More From Levelskip
Many of these are fairly accessible so it shouldn't be too difficult to build a powerful team. If nothing else, you can always bring a high DPS Dragon team and not do too poorly.
As per usual, adhere to the standard best practices for catching raid bosses.
- Align a colored circle you believe you can easily hit.
- Take your finger away from the screen (readjust if Cresselia jumps or moves).
- Wait until Cresselia attacks.
- Throw during the attack animation such that your ball will hit inside the colored circle when the animation finishes. (Be sure to use a curve throw to add an extra 1.7x catch chance multiplier.)
Also, don't forget to use a Golden Razz Berry to lock down an extra 2.5x catch chance multiplier. And if you're really looking to optimize, remember that Cresselia is a Psychic type, so make sure to push for a Gold Medal Psychic type to land an extra 1.3x catch chance multiplier! For extra details on catching, check out my catch guide.
I'd also add that Cresselia attacks infrequently, but does like to move back and forth, making it fairly time consuming to catch properly if you're waiting for a centered post-attack throw.
Before opening up the appraisal menu, an IV calculator, or even an on-screen IV evaluating tool you can just look at your Cresselia's catch CP. The catch CP will correlate with the IVs it has.
- Max catch CP for non-boosted weather is 1633
- Max catch CP for boosted weather (Windy) is 2041
For reference, check the chart below on appraisals to get a clearer understanding on what appraisals mean in Pokemon Go.
IV Appraisal Evaluation Chart
Good luck! If you want to get into more detail on raids and how to maximize your progress with them, feel free to check out my guide on how to make the most out of raids. Feel free to leave a question or comments!