"Pokemon Go" Machamp Solo Raid Guide
Solo Machamp Raid Guide
With 19707 combat power and packing a ton of offensive power, Machamp can be a tough raid to solo. However, Machamp is also one of the most useful Pokemon to build a team with given it's the one of the highest DPS Pokemon around plus it counters Tyranitars, Blisseys and several other popular gym defenders.
Building an Ideal Counter Team
Machamp is a fighting type, making him weak to Psychic, Flying, and Fairy. Given there aren't that many great Fairy options in Pokemon Go, you'll likely be looking to build a powerful Psychic or Flying team. Fortunately, there are many good options but if you want to take Machamp down yourself you will need to be packing some higher level Pokemon.
Your best options are:
- Mewtwo with Confusion & Psychic
- Espeon with Confusion & Future Sight
- Alakazam with Confusion & Future Sight
- Deoxys with Zen Headbutt & Psycho Boost
- Honchkrow with Peck & Sky Attack
- Rayquaza with Air Slash & Aerial Ace
Some decent options that should be more practical to find are:
- Exeggutor with Confusion & Psychic
- Jynx with Confusion & Psyshock
You're going to want to ensure your team is at least level 25, preferably level 30. If you're using Mewtwos then level 25 is fine, but if you're trying to work with some lower tier options like Exeggutor they will need to be stronger.
Keep an eye on the weather, if it's Cloudy out, Machamp will be boosted and way more difficult to take down as it gets set to level 25 instead of 20.In the other hand, your Flying type and Psychic type moves will be boosted in Windy weather, which would make fighting Machamp much easier.
Best Machamp Counters in Pokemon GoClick thumbnail to view full-size
As per usual, adhere to the standard best practices for catching raid bosses.
- Align a colored circle you believe you can easily hit
- Take your finger away from the screen (readjust if Machamp jumps or moves)
- Wait until Machamp attacks
- Throw during the attack animation such that your ball will hit inside the colored circle when the animation finishes. (Be sure to use a curve throw to add an extra 1.7x catch chance multiplier)
Also, don't forget to use a Golden Razz Berry to lock down an extra 2.5x catch chance multiplier. And if you're really looking to optimize, remember that Machamp is a Fighting type so make sure to push for a Gold Medal Fighting type to land an extra 1.3x catch chance multiplier! For extra details on catching, check out my catch guide.
Machamp can come with the following Fast moves.
- Bullet Punch
Machamp can come with the following Charge moves.
- Dynamic Punch
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam
Before opening up the appraisal menu, an IV calculator, or even an on-screen IV evaluating tool you can just look at your Machamp's catch CP. The catch CP will correlate with the IVs it has.
- Max catch CP for non-boosted weather is 1746
- Max catch CP for boosted weather (Cloudy) is 2183
For reference, check the chart below on appraisals to get a clearer understanding on what appraisals mean in Pokemon Go or check out my guide.
IV Evaluation Chart
Every player needs a team of six high IV Machamps! Machamp is one of the most useful Pokemon given it's utility in so many raids and general gym fighting. Furthermore, he is fairly accessible and easy to power up. I highly recommend everyone put some time and effort into building a powerful Machamp team.
Also, keep in mind it is possible to solo a Tyranitar raid with high level Machamps!