How to be a Pokémon Master
Because we have tested and compiled these amazing tricks and have some helpful tips for you. These 12 pointers will help you to become the undisputed king of the Augmented Reality (AR) world. You'll get some bragging rights too. So, here it goes:
1. If You Want to Hatch Eggs, Walk in a Straight Line.
The game calculates the straight-line distance between where you were and where you are on a periodic basis. So if you just circle around, the game would not be able to measure your distance accurately.
2. If You Want to Level-Up Fast, You Have to Catch Some Common Pokémon.
To swiftly pass through the levels, focus on catching some common Pokémon like Weedle and Pidgey as they require only 12 to 25 candy to evolve as compared to 50 or more candy for more powerful monsters.
3. Want to Spend Real Money? Buy Egg Incubators.
If you have some deep pockets and want to spend on your passion, buy egg incubators, as they are the best value for money. It comes down to about 33 cents per egg hatched.
4. Ask for Help.
The game is not very social, but in some ways it is. If you're finding it hard to catch a specific Pokémon, just ask any fellow trainer. They are happy to help. For instance, a famous Pokémon trainer was unable to find Dratini, a rare dragon-type Pokémon. He casually asked a fellow gamer on the street and he informed him about a secret Dratini nest in a part of the city. And our guy caught that rare Pokémon within minutes!
5. Search Online Communities and Blogs.
Popular Social Networks like Facebook, Reddit, Quora and BlogSpot help very much. Try searching with your City name, like #PokemonGoMiami. People on these networks share their much earned wisdom.
6. Be There at the Right Time.
There are some Hotspots or Poke spots in your city. Find them on Facebook and Reddit. Rare Pokémon tend to appear every 30 minutes. It includes both the hour and the half hour mark.
7. Use Two Phones.
It would help drastically if you borrow someone's phone for a while. Use your phone as the Primary one, catching them. Use the other phone as Radar to make sure you don't miss any Pokémon appearances while the Primary phone was in a Gym battle, or vice versa.
8. Ingress Search.
Before the phenomenal success of Pokémon Go, Niantic - the game developer, made a similar game that runs on a map called "INGRESS". A considerable amount of game data was brought into Pokémon Go. Can you see the white dots on the Ingress screen? They are called "exotic matter," or XM. Areas with high concentrations of XM clouds correspond very tightly with the areas in Pokémon Go where rare Pokémon appear. So if you are not having success in finding the rare Pokémon, you can switch over to Ingress, find a concentration of XM, and then switch back to Pokémon Go to make it appear. It works most of the time. Try it.
9. Go to Parking Lots.
Only God knows why Pokémon love Parking lots. Especially Parking lots near the hotspots. There are some trainers who have seen four, five, and even six common Pokémon in the lot and sometimes Gas stations too.
10. How to catch Pikachu!
Since Pikachu is one of the most loved and wanted Pokémon in the world (because he is protagonist Ash Ketchum’s favorite and we used to see him every day while watching TV) and he is a very rare Pokémon in the game, this is the only trick in the world available right now. Now here comes the bad news- It only works for new accounts. If you have already played the game, you’ll have to start over with a new Google Account or create a new Pokémon Trainer Club Account. Follow the trick:
- Download Pokémon Go on Android or Install Pokémon Go for iOS.
- Sign up with a new Google or Pokémon Trainer Club Account.
- Professor Willow will offer you a choice of three Pokémon – Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur. Ignore all three and walk away.
- When you are sufficiently far away from them, the same three Pokémon will spawn again near you. Ignore them again and walk away.
- Repeat this step at least twice more and you’ll notice that Pikachu has appeared alongside the aforementioned three Pokémon.
- Tap on Pikachu, throw the Poke ball and catch it.
The number of times you need to walk away until Pikachu manifests varies. Sometimes it takes four to five times. Just be patient and make sure you ignore the original Pokémon no matter how tempting it might be to start catching them.
11. Match Up Pokémon with their opposing types before a Battle.
If you think you are drastically under matched against an opposite Gym, by learning this trick you can still do well and damage their Gym’s Prestige. Every creature has a primary type, which usually matches up to some sort of element. And in the real world, some elements are more successful than the others. Here is a list of each element type and what opposing types of Pokémon are best suited to take them down.
- Normal: Fighting
- Fire: Water, Ground, Rock
- Water: Electric, Grass
- Electric: Ground
- Grass: Fire, Ice, Poison, Flying, Bug
- Ice: Fire, Fighting, Rock, Steel
- Fighting: Flying, Psychic, Fairy
- Poison: Ground, Psychic
- Ground: Water, Grass, Ice
- Flying: Electric, Ice, Rock
- Psychic: Bug, Ghost
- Bug: Fire, Flying, Rock
- Rock: Water, Grass, Fighting, Ground, Steel
- Ghost: Ghost
- Dragon: Ice, Dragon, Fairy
- Steel: Fire, Fighting, Ground
- Fairy: Poison, Steel
So, Pair them well.
12. Dodge at the start of each Battle.
At the beginning of every battle, if you dodge by swiping left or right, you’ll often give yourself a couple of extra attacks before your opponent can catch up.
Questions & Answers
© 2016 Troybrone