Cheeky Kid is a true-blue casual gamer. Whenever he's not watching anime or reading manga, chances are he's mindlessly playing games.
Mewtwo is one of the most powerful Pokémon in the entire franchise. In fact, it is one of the most popular Pokémon amongst the fanbase. Many people try to catch this critter in their games for their collection and bragging rights. But even if you do catch this Pokémon, the journey is far from over! Mewtwo is expecting you to give it a suitable nickname.
In this article, I’ve listed some nickname ideas based on the following categories:
- Run-of-the-Mill Nicknames for Mewtwo
- Mewtwo Nicknames Based on Fictional Characters
- Intimidating Names for Mewtwo
- Folkloric Names for Mewtwo
- Funny Mewtwo Nicknames
- Random Nicknames for Mewtwo
- Shiny Mewtwo Nicknames
All the nicknames listed here are just ideas. You could either use them as they are or build on them to create your own. It's all up to you!
By the way, if you know some other astounding nickname ideas for Mewtwo, you are free to suggest them to me. Thank you!
Intimidating Names for Mewtwo
Run-of-the-Mill Nicknames for Mewtwo
Mewtwo Nicknames Based on Fictional Characters
- Alien X: This is a character from the cartoon series Ben 10. Alien X is one of the most powerful alien transformations of Ben. He has the power to warp reality, time, and space.
- Barney: Barney is from the children’s television series Barney & Friends. He is a purple dinosaur who comes to life through a child’s playful imagination. Since Barney’s color theme is purple and green, he is kind of similar to Mewtwo’s purple-themed regular form and green-themed shiny form.
- Beerus: This is a character from the Dragon Ball franchise. He is the God of Destruction of Universe 7, and he one of the most powerful beings of the Dragon Ball multiverse. His lanky build, purple color, and feline appearance definitely resembles Mewtwo.
- Blaine: This is a character from the Pokémon franchise. In the Pokémon Adventures manga, gym leader Blaine is responsible for creating Mewtwo by genetically modifying Mew’s cells and adding in his own cells to compensate for the lack of resources.
- Brainiac: Braniac is a character from DC Comics. He is an extraterrestrial cyborg and is one of Superman’s enemies. His powers include superior intellect, enhanced memory, and vast knowledge of advanced technologies.
- Frieza: This is a character from Dragon Ball. Frieza is one of the biggest villains in the entire franchise. He is extremely powerful and can transform, with each transformation increasing his power levels exponentially. Among the fictional characters listed her, Frieza looks the most similar to Mewtwo.
- Giegue: This is a character from the video games EarthBound and EarthBound Beginnings. Giegue, also known as Giygas, is the main villain of this game franchise. He is an alien who possesses the monikers “Embodiment of Evil” and “Universal Cosmic Destroyer.” This character has a strong resemblance to Mewtwo. Interestingly, some of the developers of Earthbound would go on to develop the Pokémon games.
- Magneto: Magneto is a character from Marvel Comics. He is a powerful mutant who possesses unparalleled magnetic abilities and powers. More often than not, he is portrayed as a villain for the X-Men. His purple cape and ability to levitate makes him visually similar to Mewtwo.
- Sasuke: This is a character from the Naruto franchise. Being from the Uchiha ninja clan, Sasuke has superior skills with fire. He can wield powerful taijutsu, ninjutsu, and genjutsu that is augmented by the Sharingan. In a way, both Sasuke and Mewtwo seem sulky and moody.
- Sephiroth: Sephiroth is a character from the video game Final Fantasy VII. He is the primary antagonist of the game. With the Masamune, Sephiroth’s excellent and overpowering swordsmanship is peerless in battle.
- Tinky Winky: Tinky Winky is from the children’s television series Teletubbies. He is purple and has a triangular-shaped antenna on his head.
- Thanos: Thanos is a character from Marvel Comics. He comes from a race known as the Titanian Eternals. He possesses extremely high intellect, as well as superhuman strength and speed.
- Voldemort: Voldemort is a character from the Harry Potter franchise. He is the main antagonist opposing Harry Potter. As a wizard, he possesses accursed powers that befit his monikers of “He Who Must Not Be Named” and “Dark Lord.”
- Xavier: Professor Charles Xavier is character from Marvel Comics. He is the leader and founder of the X-Men. As a mutant, he has unrivaled telepathic powers, which are considered to be the best in the world.
- Zeref: This is a character from the Fairy Tail franchise. Zeref is one of the main villains of the series. He is known to everyone in the wizarding world as the most evil mage of all time. At his command are vile demons and forbidden black magic that he uses to further his twisted ambition.
Folkloric Names for Mewtwo
- Anubis: An Egyptian god who is associated with mummification and the afterlife. He is depicted with a jackal’s head and a human body. Mewtwo definitely has a similar appearance to this god.
- Atlas: A Greek titan who is associated with endurance and astronomy. He was condemned to hold up the celestial heavens on his back for eternity.
- Hades: A Greek god who is associated with death, the underworld, night, curses, the afterlife, and darkness. Despite the modern era portraying Hades as evil, he is actually altruistically passive and works in order to maintain balance and equilibrium.
- Orion: A Greek huntsman who claimed that he was capable of hunting all the animals in the world. In the end, he was put up in the sky by Zeus as a constellation that can easily be seen from Earth.
- Pluto: A Roman god who is the ruler of the underworld and the judge of the dead. Pluto is an alternative name for the Greek god Hades.
Funny Mewtwo Nicknames
- Cave Hobo: A fitting name because this Pokémon can be found in Cerulean Cave after running away from Cinnabar Island.
- Copycat: Mewtwo is essentially a failed copy of Mew.
- Deus: This name is based on Deus Ex Machina, which means god from a machine!
- Edgelord: With all its anger and demand for solitude, Mewtwo is a true edgelord.
- Emo King: After all the cruel experimentation it went through on Cinnabar Island, who wouldn’t become an emo king?
- Final Boss: This is self-explanatory. This Pokémon is the highest leveled critter you can catch in Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Let’s Go Pikachu, and Let’s Go Eevee.
- Gene-ius: This a pun on how Mewtwo is a genius as a result of a failed genetic experiment.
- GMO: This literally stands for “Genetically Modified Organism.”
- Mega Mind: As a psychic Pokémon, Mewtwo has one of the greatest minds in the entire world.
- Mewtant: Mewtwo is definitely a genetically-engineered mutant.
- Mewtilator: Since this Pokémon is one of the most powerful creatures in the world, it can mutilate just about any opponent in battle.
- Mind Freak: This freak possesses a mind that is superior to most other beings in the world.
- Overrated: Enough said! Mewtwo is overrated while Mew is underrated.
- Poet: This Pokémon once said: “I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.” These are definitely the words of a true poet.
- Psycat: It’s a nickname combining the words "psychic" and "cat." Mewtwo has a strong feline appearance.
- Psyclone: It’s a nickname combining the words "psychic" and "clone."
- Runner-up: If Mew is the original Pokémon, then Mewtwo is the runner-up.
- Second Rate: As a clone of Mew, you can see this critter as second rate. Despite this, Mewtwo is still one of the most powerful Pokémon in the world.
- Shadow: Shadow Mewtwo is one of the two unlockable fighters in Pokkén Tournament.
- Splice: Splicing is what you do when slice a gene and intertwine it with another.
- Strikes Back: This nickname is based on the movie title Pokémon: The First Movie – Mewtwo Strikes Back.
Read More From Levelskip
Random Nicknames for Mewtwo
Shiny Mewtwo Nicknames
If you are lucky enough to catch a shiny Mewtwo, here are some nicknames for your green Pokémon.
- Green Lantern: Green Lantern is a superhero from DC Comics. He derives his power from a ring that is fueled by willpower. This power is accompanied by a green light that enables him to fly and manifest “contructs” out of thin air. His green color scheme resembles the green of a shiny Mewtwo.
- Emerald: This nickname is a reference to Pokémon Emerald Version. The green cartridge of this game resembles shiny Mewtwo.
- Jade: This nickname refers to a character from the Mortal Kombat franchise. She is clad in a green outfit.
- Reptile: This is another character from the Mortal Kombat series. He is a ninja that wears a green garb.
- Blanka: This is a character from the Street Fighter franchise. This beast-like fighter has green skin. Interestingly, both Blanka and Mewtwo have some backstory that involves South America.
- Gumby: This lanky green figure has a similar body type to shiny Mewtwo.
- TMNT: The famous Ninja Turtles are green mutants just like shiny Mewtwo. You could use a nickname like Leo, Mikey, Ralph, or Donny if you want to name your Pokémon after a specific turtle.
- Kermit: This famous frog could probably relate to our Pokémon. He knows it's not easy being green.
- Yoda: Like Mewtwo, Yoda is known for his intellect and power. His Jedi abilities allow him to move objects in a manner similar to telekinesis.
- Grinch: This would be a fitting nickname for a character that is tall, green, and mean.
- Hulk: This famous Marvel hero is known for his size and incredible strength. This nickname could fit the most powerful Pokémon.
- Shrek: Like the famous ogre, Mewtwo is a complex character with many layers like an onion. If you send out a shiny Mewtwo into battle with this nickname, your opponent will know that play time is ogre.
© 2019 Cheeky Kid
Matt jr Hickok on March 12, 2020:
What about Perfect Cell
Snickers on December 23, 2019:
I went with Snickers because it sounds innocent and cute, so the opponent would think I'm sending out something like Eevee or Oddish, but when I send out Mewtwo, they would be proven wrong and be caught off-guard.
the mudkip kid on November 07, 2019:
i just went with psycho. pretty basic name
Lil Chi Pikachu on October 20, 2019:
I think the combination of shadow and strike would be a good name so Shadow Strike
Peril on February 22, 2019:
I think Darkstalker would be a good name. Darkstalker was the NightWing king and he can read minds and see the future and have the ability to manipulate objects with his magic.