Cheeky Kid is a true-blue casual gamer. Whenever he's not watching anime or reading manga, chances are he's mindlessly playing games.
Mewtwo is one of the most powerful Pokémon in the entire world. In fact, it is also one of the most renowned and overrated Pokémon in the entire franchise. Having said that, it is unquestionable that many people try to catch this critter in the games in order to ultimately own it for the sake of completion, collection, and bragging. But, the journey is far from over! Mewtwo is expecting you to give it a suitable nickname.
Here, I’ve listed some nickname ideas based on the following categories:
- Run-off-the-mill Nicknames for Mewtwo
- Mewtwo Nicknames Based on Fictional Characters
- Intimidating Names for Mewtwo
- Folkloric Names for Mewtwo
- Random Nicknames for Mewtwo
All the nicknames listed here are mere ideas. You could either use them as they are, or build on them and create your own. Everything’s all up to you!
By the way, if you know some other astounding nickname ideas for Mewtwo, you are free to add them in the comments. Thank you!
Intimidating Names for Mewtwo
Run-of-the-mill Nicknames for Mewtwo
Mewtwo Nicknames Based on Fictional Characters
- Alien X: He is a character from the cartoon series, Ben 10. Alien X is one of the most powerful alien transformations of Ben. It has the power to warp reality, time, and space.
- Barney: Barney is from the children’s television series, Barney & Friends. He is a purple dinosaur who comes to life through a child’s playful imagination. Since Barney’s color theme is purple and green, he is kind of similar to Mewtwo’s purple-themed regular form and green-themed shiny form.
- Beerus: He is a character from the anime and manga series, Dragon Ball. He is the God of Destruction of Universe 7 and one of the most powerful beings of the Dragon Ball multiverse.
- Blaine: He is from the anime, manga, and video game franchise, Pokémon. In the Pokémon Adventures manga, gym leader Blaine is responsible for creating Mewtwo by genetically modifying Mew’s cells and adding in his own cells to compensate for the lack of resources.
- Brainiac: Braniac is a fictional character from the comic books, animated shows, and movies of the DC comics franchise. He is an extraterrestrial cyborg and is one of Superman’s enemies. His powers include superior intellect, enhanced memory, and vast knowledge of advanced technologies.
- Frieza: He is a character from the anime and manga series, Dragon Ball. Frieza is the catalyst villain of the entire franchise. He is extremely powerful and can transform, with each transformation increasing his power levels exponentially. Among the fictional characters listed her, Frieza looks the most similar to Mewtwo.
- Giegue: He is a character from the video games, EarthBound and EarthBound Beginnings. Giegue, also known as Giygas, is the main villain of his game franchise. He is an alien who possesses the monikers, “Embodiment of Evil” and “Universal Cosmic Destroyer.”
- Green Lantern: Green Lantern is a fictional character from the comic books, animated shows, and movies of the DC Comics franchise. He derives his power from a ring that is fueled by willpower. This power that is always accompanied by green light enables him to fly and manifest “contructs” out of thin air. Green Lantern may not, in any way, resemble Mewtwo, but the fact that he’s green will forever remind of Mewtwo’s shiny form, which is green in color.
- Magneto: Magneto is a fictional character from the comic books, animated shows, and movies of the Marvel franchise. He is a powerful mutant who possesses unparalleled magnetic abilities and powers. More often than not, he is portrayed as a villain for the X-Men.
- Sasuke: He is a character from the anime and manga series, Naruto. Being from the Uchiha ninja clan, Sasuke has superior skills with fire and can wield powerful taijutsu, ninjutsu, and genjutsu that is augmented by the Sharingan. In a way, both Sasuke and Mewtwo seem sulky and moody.
- Sephiroth: Sephiroth is a character from the video game, Final Fantasy VII. He is the main villain of his game franchise. With the Masamune, Sephiroth’s excellent and overpowering swordsmanship is peerless in battle
- Tinky Winky: Tinky Winky is from the children’s television series, Teletubbies. He is purple and has a triangular-shaped antenna on his head.
- Thanos: Thanos is a fictional character from the comic books, animated shows, and movies of the Marvel franchise. He comes from a race known as the Titanian Eternals. He possesses extremely high intellect, as well as superhuman strength, speed, and speed.
- Voldemort: Voldemort is a fictional character from the novels and movies of the Harry Potter franchise. He the main antagonist opposing Harry Potter. As a wizard, he possesses accursed powers that befit his monikers “He Who Must Not Be Named” and “Dark Lord.”
- Xavier: Xavier is a fictional character from the comic books, animated shows, and movies of the Marvel franchise. He is fully known as Professor Charles Xavier and is the leader and founder of the X-Men. As a mutant, he has unrivaled telepathic powers, which are considered the best in the world.
- Zeref: He is a character from the anime and manga series, Fairy Tail. Zeref is one of the main villains of the series and is known to everyone in the wizarding world as the evilest mage of all time. At his command are vile demons and forbidden black magic that he used to further his twisted ambition.
Folkloric Names for Mewtwo
- Anubis: An Egyptian god who is associated with mummification and the afterlife. He is depicted with a jackal’s head and a human body.
- Atlas: A Greek titan who is associated with endurance and astronomy. He is represented as being who has been to condemned to hold up the celestial heavens on his back for eternity.
- Hades: A Greek god who is associated with death, the underworld, night, curses, the afterlife, and darkness. Despite the modern era portraying Hades as evil, he is actually altruistically passive and works in order to maintain balance and equilibrium.
- Orion: A Greek huntsman who claimed that he was capable of hunting all the animals in the world. In the end, he was put up in the sky by Zeus as a constellation that can easily be seen from Earth.
- Pluto: A Roman god who is the ruler of the underworld and the judge of the dead. Pluto is an alternative name for the Greek god, Hades.
Mewtwo Nicknames That are Either Funny or Sensible
- Cave Hobo: A fitting name because this Pokémon began residing in Cerulean Cave after running away from Cinnabar Island.
- Copycat: Mewtwo is essentially a failed copy of Mew.
- Deus: This name is based on Deus Ex Machina, the literal meaning of which is—god from a machine!
- Edgelord: With all its anger and demand for solitude, Mewtwo is a true edgelord.
- Emo King: After all the cruel experimentation it went through in Cinnabar Island, who wouldn’t become an emo king?
- Final Boss: This is self-explanatory. This Pokémon is the highest leveled critter you can catch in Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Let’s Go Pikachu, and Let’s Go Eevee.
- Gene-ius: This a pun that is stating how Mewtwo is a genius who is a result of a failed genetic experiment.
- GMO: This literally stands for “Genetically Modified Organism.”
- Mega Mind: As a psychic Pokémon, Mewtwo has one of the greatest minds in the entire world.
- Mewtant: Mewtwo is definitely a genetically-engineered mutant.
- Mewtilator: Since this Pokémon is one of the most powerful creatures in the world, it can mutilate just about any opponent in battle.
- Mind Freak: This freak possesses a mind that is superior to most other beings in the world.
- Overrated: Enough said! Mewtwo is overrated while Mew is underrated.
- Poet: This Pokémon once said: “I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.” If after saying that and you claim that this being is not a poet, then I don’t know who else is deserving to be called a poet.
- Psycat: It’s a nickname combing the words ‘psychic’ and ‘cat.’ And yes, Mewtwo is a feline.
- Psyclone: It’s a nickname combining the words ‘psychic’ and ‘clone.’
- Runner-up: If Mew is the original one and Mewtwo is the second version, which is obvious because of the name, then it is, in fact, a runner-up.
- Second Rate: This critter may be second rate, but he’s actually one of the most powerful Pokémon in the world.
- Shadow: Shadow Mewtwo is one of the two unlockable fighters in Pokkémon Tournament.
- Splice: Splicing is what you do when slice a gene and intertwine it with another.
- Strikes Back: This nickname is based on the movie title “Pokémon: The First Movie – Mewtwo Strikes Back”, because why not?
Random Nicknames for Mewtwo
© 2019 Cheeky Kid
Matt jr Hickok on March 12, 2020:
What about Perfect Cell
Snickers on December 23, 2019:
I went with Snickers because it sounds innocent and cute, so the opponent would think I'm sending out something like Eevee or Oddish, but when I send out Mewtwo, they would be proven wrong and be caught off-guard.
the mudkip kid on November 07, 2019:
i just went with psycho. pretty basic name
Lil Chi Pikachu on October 20, 2019:
I think the combination of shadow and strike would be a good name so Shadow Strike
Peril on February 22, 2019:
I think Darkstalker would be a good name. Darkstalker was the NightWing king and he can read minds and see the future and have the ability to manipulate objects with his magic.