Cheeky Kid is a true-blue casual gamer. Whenever he's not watching anime or reading manga, chances are he's mindlessly playing games.
Pikachu is one of the most popular Pokémon in the entire world, and the face of the whole franchise. Taking that into account, many people are in possession of this critter whether it be in the main series games, the spin-off games, Pokémon GO, in stuffed toy form, and so on. Thus, the goal is to stand out and be unique by bestowing upon it a befitting nickname!
Here, I’ve listed some nickname ideas based on the following categories:
- Common Nicknames for Pikachu
- Myth-Inspired Nicknames for Pikachu
- Pikachu Nicknames Based on Anime, Movies, and Video Games
- Nicknames for Pikachu That Are Funny, Clever, or Witty
All the nicknames listed here are mere ideas. You could either use them straightforwardly, or build on them and create your own. It’s all up to you!
By the way, if you know some other astounding nickname ideas for Pikachu, you are free to add them in the comments. Thank you!
Common Nicknames for Pikachu
Myth-Inspired Nicknames for Pikachu
- Ah-Pekku – Maya. God of thunder.
- Chaac – Maya. God of rain, lightning, and storms.
- Enlil – Mesopotamia. God of the atmosphere and a member of the triad of gods.
- Haikili – Hawaii. God of thunder.
- Ishkur – Sumeria. God of the rain and thunderstorms of spring.
- Kaminari – Japan. Goddess of thunder and noise.
- Narukami – Japan. God of thunder. “Naru” literally means thundering or rolling while “kami” literally means spirit or deity.
- Orko – Basque. God of thunder.
- Pikne – Estonia. God of lightning.
- Perun – Slavia. Perun is the higest god of the pantheon and the god of thunder and lightning.
- Raijin – Japan. A god of lightning, thunder, and storms.
- Shango – Yoruba. God of thunder, lightning, justice, dance, and virility.
- Thor – Norse. Thor is the hammer-wielding god of thunder, lightning, storms, oak trees, strength, protection of mankind, hallowing, and fertility.
- Ukko – Finland. God of the sky, weather, harvest, and thunder.
- Xolotl – Aztec. God of lightning and death.
- Zeus – Greece. God of the sky, lightning, thunder, law, order, and justice.
Pikachu Nicknames Based on Anime, Movies, and Video Games
- Detective – He is from the movie and video game, Detective Pikachu. This peculiar Pikachu can talk! He is also exceptionally smart and a world-class detective.
- Elektra – Elektra is a fictional character from the comic books, animated shows, and movies of the Marvel franchise. She may not be able to control electricity as her name suggests, but her attacks are lightning-fast! She has a strong mastery of martial arts and weaponry. Her weapon of choice is the sai. Elektra is great nickname for Pikachu, especially if its a girl.
- Flash – Flash is a fictional character from the comic books, animated shows, and movies of the DC Comics franchise. He has the power of the Speed Force. He can move, think, and react at light speeds, and execute actions that are always speedy and quick.
- Gilthunder – A character from the anime and manga, Nanatsu no Taizai (The Seven Deadly Sins). Gilthunder is a diamond-ranked Holy Knight and the son of the former Great Holy Knight, Zaratras. His skill is called the “Thunderbolt.” He is extremely proficient when it comes to wielding lightning magic, and can use it both for offense and defense.
- Killua – A character from the anime and manga, Hunter x Hunter. Killua is a member of the world-renowned Zoldyck assassin family, but has ditched his heritage to become a hunter. As a member of the Zoldyck family, Killua is exceedingly skilled with the art of assassination. He has lightning-speed reflexes and immense strength and agility. His transmutation nen allows him to control electricity and use it to further augment his speedy abilities.
- Laxus – A character from the anime and manga, Fairy Tail. Laxus is an S-Class mage and the grandson of Fairy Tail’s guild master, Makarov. As a wizard, Laxus commands lightning magic. His magic is highly destructive and electrifying. Aside from his base magic, Laxus also knows dragon slayer magic and is actually known as the Lightning Dragon Slayer.
- Mickey – Mickey Mouse is an animal cartoon character and the mascot of the Walt Disney franchise. Since Pikachu is a mouse, giving it the name Mickey isn’t as weird as it may sound.
- PK Thunder – This is a skill that can be used by Paula and Poo in Earthbound. In the Super Smash Bros. series, PK Thunder is a skill that can be used by Ness and Lucas. PK Thunder is a nifty nickname for Pikachu for obvious reasons. After all, PK suspiciously sounds like Pikachu and also looks like the abbreviation of the said character’s name. As for the “Thunder” part, that’s even more obvious. There’s nothing more to explain!
- Raiden – Lord Raiden is a character from the Mortal Kombat franchise. He is the god of thunder and lightning, and as such, he is supremely powerful and has omnipotent electrical powers.
- Raikage – Raikage literally means “lightning shadow.” It’s a title from the Naruto series that is bestowed upon the greatest ninja or the village leader of Kumogakure (Hidden Lightning Village). It is expected that whoever possesses the title of Raikage also possesses immense mastery of lightning-based ninjutsu.
- Storm – Storm is a fictional character from comic books, animated shows, and video games of the Marvel franchise. Although Storm is often depicted as a mutant who can call upon bolts of lightning towards the enemies, she can actually control the weather to a considerable extent. Some of her abilities include: weather manipulation, environmental temperature modification, lightning generation, wind control, and electromagnetic energy channeling.
Nicknames for Pikachu That Are Funny, Clever, or Witty
Revanth Tumuluri Boi on July 01, 2020:
I Like Shockachu
Rex on June 13, 2020:
I say Volt is the best
Hi on June 13, 2020:
I chose Bolt
Tristan Croy on May 16, 2020:
How about Volts-wagon?
AresWar on April 26, 2020:
How about Voltamort
Brunza on July 09, 2019:
should i pick volt or surge for my male pikachu?
Alyssa on June 02, 2019:
Ash: (reaches for Pikachu's Pokeball)
Pokeball: (is empty)
Prof. Oak: (makes rude comment on Ash being late so somebody else took the last Pokemon)
Ash: (punches Prof. Oak)
Volt on May 30, 2019:
These are really cool
John Cena on May 27, 2019:
Noice i called mine Light Jr thankkkssss
lexie on March 23, 2019:
keep in mind, Lexie is not my real name, i just like using that name, anyways, can you please add more female pikachu names? like, o es that are for female pikachus only? thanks, even if you dont, still, thanks
Depressed Wolfo on March 06, 2019:
I'm probably going to name mine Ryan Reynolds
[insert random name here] on February 18, 2019:
Nice! But I think they should add two more things (sorry if they were on there and I didn't see them) zapper or maybe wattachu
Poopoo on February 09, 2019:
I really like the ideas for the pikachu names