Cheeky Kid is a true-blue casual gamer. Whenever he's not watching anime or reading manga, chances are he's mindlessly playing games.
Snorlax is one big Pokémon! Its two favorite things to do are eating and sleeping. Throughout the world, it often sleeps in inconvenient places such as narrow pathways and roads, much to the chagrin of many people. However, there’s a foolproof way to wake it up, and that is playing the melody of the Poké Flute near its presence.
Since Snorlax is a fairly popular Pokémon, I’ve gathered a huge amount of nickname ideas for it based on the following categories:
- Mainstream Nicknames for Snorlax
- Snorlax Nicknames Related to Sleep and Naps
- Names That Represent Snorlax’s Infamy
- Snorlax Nicknames Related to Size and Weight
- Fiction-Based Names for Snorlax
- Snorlax Nicknames Related to Food and Eating
- Snorlax Names Based on Real People
All of the nicknames that are present here are mere ideas. You could either use them straightforwardly, or build on them and create your own. It’s all up to you!
By the way, if you know some other fascinating nicknames for Snorlax, please don’t hesitate to add them in the comments. Thank you!
Mainstream Nicknames for Snorlax
Snorlax Nicknames Related to Sleep and Naps
- Catnap – A short, light sleep. It’s a nap that is ordinarily taken during short breaks. Cats usually do this, hence the name.
- Dormouse – A type of rodent that spends most of its time sleeping and hibernating. The hibernation period of a dormouse averages at 183 days.
- Forty Winks – A very short nap that is usually taken during daytime. This kind of nap doesn’t require the any sleeping position.
- Napper – A person who is taking a nap. It could also connote a person who likes napping.
- Siesta – A Spanish word that indicates a short nap taken during the afternoon, usually from 1pm to 4pm.
- Sleepy – A drowsy, somnolent feeling. It characterizes someone who is in need of sleep or ready for it.
- Sleepyhead – A person who feels sleepy most of the time. It could also refer to an inattentive or listless person.
- Slumber – A deep, long sleep. There’s actually a pun for this word that is tailor-fitted for Snorlax, and it’s—Slumbear!
- Snoozer – This word represents something that is dull or boring. It could also indicate a sleeper, or a person who is sleeping.
- Snore – A snorting sound that people makes during sleep. Coincidentally, Snore is move that can be learned by Snorlax. This move inflicts damage against an opponent and grants a 30% chance of causing the same target to flinch.
Names That Represent Snorlax’s Infamy
- Brick Wall – This is a term that typifies an obstacle that appears from out of nowhere. It could also mean ‘to totally stop someone from attempting to do something.’
- Door Stop – A door stop is an act wherein someone blocks a doorway, and thus preventing anyone from entering or leaving through the blocked path.
- Embargo – An embargo is an official ban on any activity. Historically speaking, it’s a term that indicates the prevention of ships from entering or leaving the ports.
- Dead Weight – Dead Weight refers to a person who only takes up space and has nothing to contribute. It could also mean worthless, useless, or obstructive.
- Gandalf – Gandalf is a character from the Lord of the Rings franchise who’s famous for his ‘You shall not pass!’ excerpt. Coincidentally, not letting anyone pass is exactly what Snorlax does.
- Roadblock – Roadblock means exactly what it implies. It’s a blockage like a barrier, barricade, or obstruction on the road.
Snorlax Nicknames Related to Size and Weight
Fiction-Based Names for Snorlax
- Baymax – A character from the animated movie, Big Hero 6. Baymax is an inflatable, white, helper robot who’s at the service of Hiro Hamada as his personal bodyguard, butler, chauffeur, and best friend.
- Chouji – A character from the anime and manga, Naruto. Chouji is a chubby ninja whose skills are related to body manipulation and strength enhancement. He loves eating potato chips and barbeque, and hates being called fat.
- Fat Albert – A character from the American animated series ‘Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids’ and the movie ‘Fat Albert.’ Fat Albert is the main character of the series and the conscience of the Junkyard Gang.
- Garfield – A character from the comic series, Garfield. Garfield is a fat, lazy cat who has an extreme appetite for lasagna. He dislikes any kind of work and considers breathing as an exercise.
- Hodor – A character from the series, Game of Thrones. Hodor is a simple-minded individual who serves the House Stark of Winterfell, and can only utter the word ‘hodor.’ In reality, ‘hodor’ actually means ‘hold the door’ and it’s the reason for Hodor’s crazed circumstance.
- Juggernaut – A character from the Marvel Comics franchise. Juggernaut is known for his titanic body build and colossal strength. He’s almost invulnerable and has the strength to make mountains crumble with a flick of a finger.
- Kingpin – A character from the Marvel Comics franchise. Kingpin is the one of the most powerful crime bosses in the Marvel universe. His usual foes are Spiderman, Daredevil, and the Punisher.
- Mama Bear – A character from the fairy tale, Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Mama Bear is the mama of the house. She’s the wife of Papa Bear and the mother of Baby Bear.
- Papa Bear – A character from the fairy tale, Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Papa Bear is the papa of the house. He’s the husband of Mama Bear and the father of Baby Bear.
- Pudge – A character from the video game, Defense of the Ancients. Pudge—also known as the Butcher—is a hideous-looking, melee-strength hero who’s known for his bloodthirstiness and brutality. His savage skills include: meat hook, rot, flesh heap, and dismember.
- Sandman – A character from the European folk tales, the comic book series ‘The Sandman,’ and the movie ‘Rise of the Guardians.’ Sandman is a mythical being who has the power to invoke pleasant dreams in humans by sprinkling magical sand on them while they sleep.
- Totoro – A character from the Japanese animated film, My Neighbor Totoro. Totoro is a cat/racoon/owl-like, giant, furry creature who is said to be the spirit of the forest.
Snorlax Nicknames Related to Food and Eating
Snorlax Names Based on Real People
- B.I.G. - He was an American rapper who is considered as one of the greatest rappers of all time. B.I.G. is fully known as the ‘Notorious B.I.G.’
- Biggie – Biggie is another moniker for the ‘Notorious B.I.G.’
- Rikishi – He is a professional wrestler who is famous for performing in the WWE. Rikishi’s signature move is the Stinkface—an unorthodox move wherein he rubs his buttocks on his opponent’s face, who’s lying on one corner of the ring.
- Slim Shady – This is the alter ego of the famous rapper, Eminem. It’s based on one of his most popular songs, The Real Slim Shady. This is a great nickname for Snorlax because we all know that it isn’t, in any way, slim. Well, at least Snorlax is quite shady, blocking paths and all that for no reason at all.
- Viscera – He is a professional wrestler who is famous for performing in the WWE. He is also known as Big Daddy V, Mabel, and King V. His signature move is the Whirlwind of Love—a spinning side slam that uses his remarkable size to slam the opponent to the ground.