Pokémon X and Y Walkthrough, Part Forty-Three: Kiloude City
Congratulations, Champion! You stand at the top of the Pokémon League! It's difficult to imagine a more prestigious position... so, really, where do you go from here? Professor Sycamore seems to have an idea, and he's willing to share if you meet him in Lumiose City...
- Head for Lumiose City. Specifically, you want to meet Sycamore at Lumiose Station on the North Boulevard. Once there he'll give you a TMV Pass, allowing you to take the train to Kiloude City. Use the train on the ticketing machine and off you go!
- You'll arrive in Kiloude Station. Speak to the boy right next to where you appear. Answer 'Perfume' to his question and he'll give you a Max Revive.
- Leave Kiloude Station. A man at the entrance will recognize you and give you the Vs. Recorder. You can use the Vs. Recorder to record your battles and upload them online. Snazy.
- Down the street is the local Pokémon Center. Inside is a man called the Judge who will tell you the overall 'potential' of a pokémon - namely, the progression of its stats, and in what areas it is strongest. Also here is a vendor who will sell you several powerful TMs, including Overheat, Wild Charge, Giga Impact, Reflect, and Light Screen.
- Continue east down the street. In the bottom-right corner of town is a house. A little girl inside will give you TM 91, Flash Cannon.
- Go north of the house. Up a set of stairs to your right is a Nugget.
- In the center of town is the Battle Maison. You can fight battles in the Maison in exchange for Battle Points (BP) which you can then spend on a variety of prizes. We'll deal with the Maison in a separate article.
- West of the Battle Maison is a house. Inside is a young man who will ask your opinion regarding flying or levitating pokémon and ground-type moves. Answer 'All right' on the first question (or any of the others, I don't think it matters), 'Gravity' on the second, and 'Mold Breaker' for the third. Do so and he'll challenge you to a battle.
Ace Trainer Anton
Weezing, level 65
Bronzong, level 65
Eelektross, level 66
An easy enough battle, and actually a little silly, as he'll use Gravity to bring his own levitating pokémon down to your level. Ground-type moves work on all three, if you can manage it.
- North of this house are two more. A girl in the left house will give you TM 58, Sky Drop.
- Run all the way east. Inside the house you'll find is the Friend Safari. Each owner of a 3DS receives a friend code, and you can visit the Friend Safaris of each person you register in your 3DS as a Friend. Each Safari will have its own unique pokémon to capture. In short, the more Friends you have registered, the more options for catching pokémon.
- Check the bush to the right of the Friend Safari to find a hidden PP Up.
- In the north of town is a small park with a pond in the center. There's a girl here who wants to paint something very specific, based entirely on the clothes you're wearing. Guys will have to make their outfit as colourful as possible, using bright tones on all parts of their body, before speaking to her. In exchange she'll give you the Bamboo Sprig Hat. Girls are a bit more specific, as the artist wants them to be 'feminine and lacy'; try visiting the boutique in Anistar City. Girls get a Sundae Dress.
- Check the small patch of flowers up and to the right of the artist to find a Max Revive.
- Participate in a few battles in the Battle Maison. (I did ten, but you can probably do less.) Check this park again and you'll find your neighbour waiting. He wants to battle.
Meowstic, level 66
Vaporeon / Flareon / Jolteon, level 66
Altaria, level 67
Clefable, level 68
Absol, level 68
Chesnaught / Delphox / Greninja, level 70
Reward: $7,000, Absolite
Your neighbour hasn't changed much, and by now you'll have plenty of countermeasures to get rid of them all. Clefable is the exception; you'll have to cope with Focus Blast and Moonblast while mashing away at its high health. Poison is a good way to mow through it.
- In addition to the Absolite you'll win for beating your neighbour, they'll tell you that Sycamore has learned something new about Mega Evolution. Check out the sundial in Anistar City and your Mega Ring will now be able to detect Mega Stones spread throughout Kalos. Woo!
- Aaaand that's about it! You'll come back here often for post-game shenanigans, though, so be prepared to memorize this place on the map.