Matt Bird writes all sorts of nonsense, but he dedicates a large chunk of his time to writing game walkthroughs.
Wild Pokémon – Reflection Cave, First Floor
Mime Jr. (horde)
Roggenrola and Carbink (horde)
Woobat (dark spots)
Geosenge Town was quiet. Too quiet. So quiet that it's suspicious. What'll you do about this strange state of affairs? Why, flee for the hills, of course. The Reflection Cave awaits!
- Walk into the cave a short distance. A trainer will be staring at the reflective wall. Talk to him for a battle.
Linoone, level 26
Ultimately just annoying with Sand Attack. Automatic hitting moves are recommended, though a Fighting-type can take it down in one hit anyway.
- Continue into the cave to the split. Head north and you'll find a Nest Ball.
- Head back south. To your right is a large rock formation. You can walk along the top of the formation to find a Revive.
- Walk south. A trainer is pacing here.
Battle Girl Hedvig
Throh, level 25
Hawlucha, level 26
These dudes aren't amazingly strong, but they are quite durable. You'll have to outlast them. Psychic is highly recommended.
- Head south. Upon a small platform is a Moonstone.
- Backtrack and head to the east. The girl looking in the mirror will challenge you.
Ace Trainer Monique
Doduo, level 24
Helioptile, level 25
Granbull, level 24
Granbull's the biggest problem here, and even it's not that bad.
- Carry on east. There's a set of stairs. The north is a dead end, so go down.
- A girl at the bottom of the stairs will restore your Pokémon's health if needed.
- Head east. There's a trainer waiting to challenge you at the crossroads.
Nidorina, level 26
Very easy. Any number of moves can bring this solo Pokémon down.
- Go east at the intersection. On top of a rise you'll find a Black Belt.
- Backtrack and go south at the intersection. Hey, a familiar face. Tierno will give you TM 70, Flash.
- East. Near the next set of stairs is an Escape Rope.
- Follow the path. Trainer!
Black Belt Igor
Sawk, level 28
Glass cannon. Hits hard and moves fairly fast, but can't take many hits. A swift Flying-type will wipe it out quickly.
- Carry on. Another trainer.
Chimecho, level 24
Golett, level 24
Got a Dark-type? You're made. Otherwise, beware of confusion.
- Further up . . . guess what . . . trainer!
Nidorino, level 26
Another fairly uninspired battle. Shrug? Poisoning kinda sucks.
- Up north . . . two more trainers. Slight variation, at least . . .
Honeymooners Yuu & Ami
Vespiquen, level 26
Combee, level 26
Poor little Combee doesn't stand a chance. Vespiquen isn't that tough, but it has a tendency to skyrocket its defenses. Focus on it first, before you wind up having to chip your way through its HP bit by bit.
- Slip past the traiers and head east along the mirrored wall to find a Hyper Potion.
- Climb the stairs to the west. At the top is a trainer guarding the southern path.
Ace Trainer Emil
Absol, level 26
Pinsir, level 25
A bit of a troublesome team. Absol likes to swap to Pinsir quickly, which can really screw up your strategy. I recommend letting a Flying-type take point, as Absol isn't that troublesome to them and will put Pinsir in a tight spot if you swap. Be warned, Pinsir might surprise you with Brick Break.
- South of here, the path leads to a set of stairs that descend deeper into the cave. I recommend continuing west to find an Iron and heading upstairs first, where you'll find a boulder to shift into place, the exit to Shalour City, and a trainer. Use the Pokémon Center in Shalour to heal up before continuing.
Sandile, level 22
Dwebble, level 23
Diggersby, level 24
The first two guys here are pretty lame. Diggersby can be a bit of a surprise by contrast, as he's both bulky and fairly strong. He likes to whittle away his own HP with Take Down, though, so you won't find taking away his HP too hard.
- Down to the third floor. Head north to the wall, then edge past the rise to your left and go up the stairs. You'll find an Earth Plate nearby.
- Walk west along the wall, watching the mirror. You'll see a door in the wall to the south of you.
- Beyond here is TM 74, Gyro Ball. Continue south through this small room.
- To the left of where you come out is a conspicuous bright spot on the floor. Nothing's here . . . yet. (I have NO doubt something appears here. When I find out what, I'll fill this in.)
- All done. Back to the exit, and out to Shalour City!
- Remember that shiny spot? Come back here after beating the Champion, between 8 and 9 PM. You'll find Alakazite. (Thanks to Mr. Nugga for pointing this out. If the Alakazite does NOT appear, you may have to have your Mega Ring upgraded by Professor Sycamore first.)
Jessyca on October 23, 2013:
I went between 8 and 9 pm, I went to Professor Sycamore already so I'm not sure what's going on, any help?
Matt Bird (author) from Canada on October 23, 2013:
I think Carbink is closer to uncommon - but it may only appear on one of the floors. I suspect the bottom. This coming week I'm going to spend a lot of time revamping the wild pokemon lists, and I'll probably be splitting the table into three or four, one for each floor. Same goes for outdoor pokemon at different times and locations.
Ds123 on October 23, 2013:
Are you sure carbink is rare because I run into them a lot
Levi on October 20, 2013:
Thanks :) one of my friends told me that the bright spot on the floor is for Alakazamite but it's late in the game
Tyler on October 20, 2013:
Roggenrola horde confirmed!
aldwin on October 19, 2013:
ferroseed can come from dark spots sir
Michael on October 19, 2013:
You can run into a horde of Roggenrola inside the cave.
Nessa on October 16, 2013:
Got my wobbuffet :)
Meechy on October 15, 2013:
Elite 4 mean?
Geist on October 15, 2013:
I found 4 roggenrola and 1 carbink horde!
facktastic on October 15, 2013:
Top four what
mr.nugga on October 15, 2013:
after you finish the top 4 you find a mega evolution stone for alakazam in the shiny spot between 8 and 9 PM :)
Matt Bird (author) from Canada on October 14, 2013:
I can agree on that one. I don't like using Mr. Mime that much, but they're a pain to knock out and they're way too numerous in that dumb cave.
Amber on October 14, 2013:
After getting through Reflection Cave I'm sure of one thing; I've never hated MR. Mime more in my entire life. Anyway, thanks for the guide, I was having a little trouble with this one.
Shinko on October 14, 2013:
Any specific floor Carbink is on?