Matt Bird writes all sorts of nonsense, but he dedicates a large chunk of his time to writing game walkthroughs.
Wild Pokémon – Lost Hotel
Wild Pokémon – Lost Hotel, Shaking Trash Cans
Rotom (Tuesdays only)
It's a shady place, well off the beaten path. It's inhabited by some questionable folk. It's even haunted by some rather creepy Pokémon. But it's a place to explore, and, hey, we all know you're a glutton for exploration. To the Lost Hotel!
(Note: The Lost Hotel is a side section you aren't obligated to explore. Nevertheless, you can find some cool stuff within, as well as a lot of trainers eager to hand over experience points. Why not?)
- It's worth noting that the Lost Hotel is full of trash cans, and these trash cans will occasionally shake. Sometimes this means they contain an item; sometimes they contain a Pokémon. They shake on their own, and they seem to only reset once a day, so catching these Pokémon largely comes down to luck. (Don't bother going in and out of Lost Hotel to reset them. It doesn't seem to work.)
- The entrance to the Lost Hotel is located on Route 15. Look for the second set of ruins, near the exit to Dendemill Town.
- The first guy is not a trainer. The punk, though, is.
Punk Guy Sid
Scrafty, level 39
Pawniard, level 39
Sharpedo, level 39
Dark-types ahoy! These guys are fish bait to a Fighting-type. Alternatively, Flying-, Fire-, and Electric-type moves in that order.
- Take the first left. You'll soon run across a pair of trainers.
Punk Couple Zoya & Asa
Pangoro, level 42
Garbodor, level 42
Thanks to the Pangoro, a Psychic-type is not recommended. I prefer Ground-type moves overall, particularly Earthquake; barring that, just target the Pokémon one at a time.
- There's a trash can ahead. Check it to receive an Escape Rope.
- Head east and north. You'll soon be introduced to the Boss, who will teach you the cosmic flip trick.
- At the end of the hall to the east you'll find a Twisted Spoon.
- Bash through the wall with Rock Smash to find TM 95, Snarl.
- Return to the first hallway and head south. Trainer ahead.
Punk Girl Jeanne
Seviper, level 40
Arbok, level 40
Poison is rampant here. A Steel-type will breeze through, as will Rock- or Ground-types.
- Past her is a Smoke Ball. You cannot miss it, since it blocks your path.
That's all for the first section of Lost Hotel. To get at the second section, head onto Route 16 (you'll need Strength to access it) and enter the first set of ruins you see. Behind the extremely tall grass is an alternate entrance.
- Trainer patrolling to the west.
Punk Guy Slater
Dunsparce, level 42
No biggie. Dunsparce has a lot of HP but that's all it has going for it.
- There are two walls to crush using Rock Smash. Behind the right wall is nothing; behind the left is a Dread Plate.
- Head as far west as you can. The skater here will hand over TM 56, Fling.
- Return to the split and go north. There's a trainer here circling the area.
Punk Guy Jacques
Skuntank, level 40
Crawdaunt, level 40
Skuntank doesn't hit that hard but takes a beating. Crawdaunt is the opposite. Chip away at Skuntank with something that won't get poisoned; beat up Crawdaunt with a Fighting-type move.
- Northwest. There's a trainer waiting.
Punk Girl Cecile
Liepard, level 40
Liepard, level 40
If you're not using a Psychic- or Ghost-type you have nothing to fear.
- There are multiple walls to bust up to the south. Go through the right wall to find a Protector.
- Aaaaand that's pretty much it. Back to Dendemill Town.
M on October 23, 2013:
You can get Garbodors when clicking A on a shaking garbage can, not sure if it has anything to do with time but it's 8:07 pm right now
Kimmarie on October 22, 2013:
You can get Rotom in the trash cans on a tuesday in the Lost Hotel and I think Bannette is from the trash cans on the thursday but at Pokemon Village.
Koganei on October 21, 2013:
Hidden Max Revive on the second floor of the Lost Hotel (outside) of the Route 16 entrance.
Bk Moe on October 21, 2013:
you forgot about the sky battle at route 16
Rangii on October 20, 2013:
Running start: Vert Plaza
The Parallel Swizzle: South Boulevard
The 360: Estivel Avenue
Rangii on October 20, 2013:
To access the "boss", you need to speak to 4 skaters in Lumiose City that will teach you rollerskating tricks.
Backflip: North Boulevard
Matt Bird (author) from Canada on October 20, 2013:
Nah, you can't go through them at all. There are two entrances, one on Route 15 and one on Route 16.
butts on October 20, 2013:
I can't get through the iron gates. Is there a switch or something?
1trik on October 18, 2013:
You can also get a Banette from the trash cans IF YOU ARE LUCKY, very very hard
Matt Bird (author) from Canada on October 18, 2013:
I'll try the trash cans thing. Dunno how to, though, exactly - interacted with them before and I only found an item.
I'm guessing you can only get at the boss if you know enough skate tricks, learned by talking to skaters. I'd found them all up to that point so I guess I didn't know there was a prerequisite. Going by what I've written already (because I definitely don't remember 'em off the top of my head) there's one on Estival Avenue, in a cafe, and another outside the hotel on the Northern Boulevard, both in Lumiose City. Hope that helps.
milehighmassacre on October 18, 2013:
How do I access the boss? The punk says I have no sense of style and wont let me pass. I cleared the area of trainers. Am I missing something?
shadowxclone on October 18, 2013:
I think Electrode might be during the day (8AM to 8PM) and Magneton during the night (8PM to 8AM). Also, apparently you can get Trubbish and/or Rotom from shaking trash cans.
Matt Bird (author) from Canada on October 17, 2013:
Weird. I was in there for quite a while and only found one Electrode. No sign of Magneton. Oh well. Thanks, guys.
Sath, 27 is up. You should be able to navigate backward to it from here, now. Added navigation above the comments.
C on October 17, 2013:
I was able to find both electrode and magneton in X
just1guy93 on October 16, 2013:
i was able to see electrode in X
sath on October 16, 2013:
what happened to 27?