"Pokémon X and Y" Walkthrough: Lumiose City Gym
You've visited Lumiose City in the past, and you may not have even known there was a Pokémon Gym here. Number five is most definitely here, though, and its boss is ready to take you on . . . assuming you have the smarts to get to him.
Lumiose City Gym
- Hop in the elevator at the base of Prism Tower. It will shuttle you up to the gym, where the gym leader's little sister is waiting. You have to answer her questions by choosing the correctly-numbered door to proceed. You can guess as many times as you want if you'd like to fight all of the trainers. These fights are all rather simple, as you only take on one Pokémon at a time—just watch out for paralysis. Use special attacks.
First question: Who's that pokémon?
1. Schoolboy Arno (Wrong)
Pachirisu, level 34
2. Schoolboy Sherlock (Wrong)
Stunfisk, level 34
Another easy one.
3. Schoolboy Finnian (Right)
Dedenne, level 34
Second question: Who's that Pokémon?
1. Rising Star Estel (Right)
Raichu, level 35
Strong but frail. A swift attack with a decent power will take it down.
2. Rising Star Nelly (Wrong)
Magneton, level 35
One of the harder ones. Fire is great, as is whatever pokémon you own which uses Surf. (So long as they go first, of course.)
3. Rising Star Helen (Wrong)
Manectric, level 35
About the same as Raichu, though slower and more durable. Shrug.
Third question: Who's that Pokémon?
1. Ace Trainer Mathis (wrong)
Lanturn, level 36
Slightly annoying thanks to its elemental mixture. A solid grass-type attack works.
2. Ace Trainer Mathis (Wrong)
Electrode, level 36
Stupid Static. Don't let it blow up!
3.) Ace Trainer Rico (Right)
Ampharos, level 36
Slow, but quite durable. Ampharos likes to confuse you, and surprisingly, enjoys Power Gem more than electrical moves.
Fourth question: Which one is Vivillon?
1. Poke Fan Abigail (Wrong)
Minun, level 34
Poor little Minun.
2. Poke Fan Lydie (Right)
Plusle, level 34
Poor little Plusle.
3. Poke Fan Tara (Wrong)
Pikachu, level 34
Poor little Pikachu.
Aaaaand that's that for the quiz. Up to the boss!
Emolga, level 35
Magneton, level 35
Heliolisk, level 37
Reward: $5,920, TM 24
A bit painful, but not horrible even if you don't have Ground-type moves to rely on. Emolga is primarily a pain because it can inflict paralysis with Static, like so many things in this gym. Magneton is more of a pain because of its durability, but also because it can electrify the battlefield and up the power of its moves; fire is the preferred attack, though groundworks since it doesn't have Levitate. Heliolisk is a bit of a surprise since it has Grass Knot to wipe out your Ground- or Rock-types, though it doesn't have much HP.
Beating Clemont will earn you the Voltage Badge, allowing you to control Pokémon up to level 70. You'll also receive TM 24, Thunderbolt.
- Immediately after completing the gym, you'll get a call from Sycamore. Head to the Lysandre Cafe in Magenta Plaza. After watching the cutscene you'll receive a King's Rock. Woo!