Matt Bird writes all sorts of nonsense, but he dedicates a large chunk of his time to writing game walkthroughs.
The world of the Heretic Kingdoms is slowly falling into disarray, but that doesn’t mean business isn’t carrying on as usual. The merchants of the Kingdoms continue to ply their trades - assuming, of course, the other elements of the world don’t get in the way. In Lost Cargo, we meet a poor trader who has been hurt by the actions of others and needs a bit of help to get back on his feet.
Reward: Varies; see below
Lost Cargo is found in the north of the Oasis. Here you’ll find Saleen, a woebegone merchant with a rather ramshackle setup (including a Crafting Anvil, if need be). Speak to Saleen about why he’s here to trigger the quest, where he asks you to go pick up some items he’s, ah, lost.
The items Saleen has lost are listed below. Each time you return an item, Saleen will give you a piece of his stock for free while shopping. Make sure you ask for the most expensive stuff - there’s no point in wasting your favours.
Read More From Levelskip
- Asking Saleen about the Reaper will earn you a bit of info about a guy named Famulus, who ran off with the sword in his possession. He’s said to be in the rocky hills to the west of the Outlands.
- From the camp where you found the path to the Oasis in the Outlands, head west. The remainder of the Outlands consists of battles with Porcupines, Sebekan units, and Mercurial Demons, in that order. The camp of Sebekans is particularly dangerous if you don’t manage it properly; make sure you proceed through the camp slowly, so you aggro a minimum of opponents. Taking on more than two Sebekans can become overwhelming, especially if you’re trying to fend off Warriors while a slew of Mages fire spells at you from the sidelines.
- Your destination is the Shrine, the final location on the Outlands path. It’s a small dungeon populated largely by Mercurial Demons, and fighting your way to your target won’t take very long. The only thing to note is a treasure chest down a set of stairs on the left side of the Shrine; inside you’ll find a Fragment of the Sun Stone, an item for a different quest.
- At the end of the path, you’ll Famulus waiting, and when you speak to him you’ll discover that he’s been ‘possessed’ by a demon called Sevelmelech. You have a choice: go through with Sevelmelech’s request and kill Famulus, or defy the demon and save the man. Letting Famulus live will get you into a battle with Sevelmelech. The demon has incredible regenerative powers that allow it to shrug off most of your attacks, but it can’t hope to defeat the Ironclad Zombie. Smack it down with special abilities and your normal attacks. Defeating Sevelmelech will earn you a Heavy Iron Carapace, furthering strengthening your Zombie, and either decision will net you the Reaper. (I highly suggest mauling Sevelmelech.) Take it back to Saleen for 3,000 experience.
- Saleen suggests that a Griffin Egg may be procured by searching Broken Spear Pass. That’s your next destination on your primary quest, so getting this out of the way simultaneously is a good idea.
- Head to the far west of Broken Spear Pass. You’ll find a Sebekan camp that’s the focus of several quests. Once here, make your way into the Underground, either via the front door or the Drainage gate at the base of the camp. You’ll need the Devourer to cross the bridge to Drainage and the Ironclad Zombie to knock the Drainage gate down.
- Once you’re in the Underground and you’ve defeated the Sebekan miniboss inside, check the rear room that’s full of cages. You can bash through the rear wall to find a hidden passage that leads to the north. Take a left in the far north, beating back enemies as you travel, until you find a cave leading back to Broken Spear Pass.
- Outside you’ll find a narrow pathway to a cliffside ledge. A Griffin Mother lives here, and it will attack upon approach. It’s only a difficult battle if you fail to kill the Mountain Hounds near the Griffin Mother before attacking the Griffin itself. (Like, say, in the picture above. I survived!)
- Grab the sole Griffin Egg from the large nest in the north. It kinda blends into the background, but it’s there. Return it to Saleen and you’ll receive 2,000 experience.
Bolts of Silk
- The Bolts of Silk are said to have been hidden by one of Saleen’s men. Unfortunately, the man has been hit by the venom of some dangerous Scorpions. There’s a cave that fits the bill for these wounds rather nicely, and it’s in the Outlands…
- … but it’s not the Scorpion Cave, surprisingly. You’re instead looking for the Canyon. Jump to the Beginning Cenotaph of the Outlands and make your way east, until you’re just south of a Nomad camp. Take a left at this stretch of land and northwest, using the Devourer to cross a gap, until you find wooden ramps down the side of the cliffs. These lead you to a path towards the Canyon.
- Aside from a Shadow Crystal down a side path near the entrance, the Canyon isn’t terribly interesting. Battle your way through hordes of Scorpions until you reach the bottom of the Canyon, where the Silk Bolts are waiting. You can then return these to Saleen for 1,500 experience.
- The Supply Manifest requires sneaking to the Taymurian Border Camp that keeps travellers out of Taymuria. This also means heading to Broken Spear Pass, as the Border Camp is pretty much the last location along the Pass.
- Once you’ve reached the Border Camp, far in the southwest of Broken Spear Pass, switch to Zaar and speak to Ataka Darkfang. She’s responsible for opening the pass into Taymuria. Ask her about provisions and she’ll give you a Supply Manifest to pass on to Saleen. You’ll receive 1,000 experience for handing it over.