Just a robot girl that likes thinking and plays a bit of RPGs when there's nothing else to do.
This build is based on two things.
- Auto leveling. When playing Skyrim, you should keep in mind the following: you get 1k HP, the enemy gets 1k HP as well. The spell damage is pretty much fixed, so the lower your level is, the higher damage you deal relative to the enemy's HP. With this build, we get level 17 as our maximum level. Every expert spell shines brightly at level 17. Master spells won't be available for us here, but they suck anyway. I swear they do.
- Fortify Destruction potions are... enormously tedious to make. Everyone I saw on the YouTube says, "Make a strong potion.." I tried that. It sucks. 10-20 potions take hours to make, but they get consumed in 10-20 minutes. Gathering ingredients is not an easy thing and refreshing the store inventory is not a quick way for finding those four ingredients either. Believe me, I really did this. I wish I hadn't. You may say, "I need potions for bosses only". Now think carefully. 98% of the time your damage will be low only to get high during episodic boss fights. Without alchemy, you will stay with level 17. With alchemy, you will get almost twice as a higher level (30 or 31). Do you really need this?
Breton. What do other races exist for?
Stats and Skills
- Health Mana Stamina. All goes to Health. You don't need anything else.
- Enchanting 80. You need only 80 to enchant 4 pieces for a 100% mana cost reduction. This is crucial for the build. A potion with a 20% boost will be needed as well. It can be taken from the Arch-mage's quarters. One more thing to note here, do not recharge any staff when you hit 80. Create a new one instead to keep it at 80.
- Destruction 60. This is to get both Augment perks. Here comes the most interesting part which is not exceeding 60. While enchanting it is simple, you just don't enchant anything else. But how do you keep destruction at that level when it gets higher when used? Yeah, that may be obvious for some of you. Staves. Would you believe it if you heard that the strongest mage in Skyrim is the one using staves as a primary weapon? Actually, this is true as you can see.
- Alteration 30. This will allow you to take 10% magic resistance while still keeping level 17.
- Everything else 0. No trading, no sneak, no armor, no conjuration, nothing. You play as a mage using your spells only. You will only need to buy two staves which won't level the skill.
- Distributed Perks can be found here.
You will have the following enchantments.
- Head - Fortify Destruction
- Amulet - Fortify Destruction
- Ring - Fortify Destruction
- Chest- Fortify Destruction
Expert Destruction staves will be used as a primary weapon.
Follow these steps to make it work:
- Get 770 gold. Chop wood or do some quests. It will be needed to hire Teldryn. (20 to get to Windhelm + 250 to get to Solstheim + 500 for the guy) He is the best mercenary you can get for now.
- Complete the Book of Love quest and take the Lord Stone. This will make you a bit more tanky.
- Do the Mages guild. Make sure to get Firebolt when you enter it. Keep all the destruction staves you find. In Mzulft, Dwarven Spheres can drop Greater Soul Gems that you will need to craft an Atronach staff. Save/reload before the fight if none dropped. One is a must to progress further. Collect all the filled soul gems and pieces of clothing on the way.
- Enchant things to get level 10 and start the Dawnguard DLC. Get Serana and keep her as a second follower for a while. Every time you level enchanting, don't forget to switch to the Mage Stone and sleep in an inn to get 30% boost to skill growth.
- Farm Mzinchaleft, Nchuand Zel, and Alftand to get 120-130 filled soul gems. Maybe 2 times each. You will also need 4 Grand Soul Gems. It should not be an issue, provided that 1 can be taken from the Arch-Mage's quarters or even 2 if 30 days pass.
- Level Enchanting to 80. Enchant 4 pieces to get 0 mana cost.
- Progress with the Dawnguard DLC. There is a Falmer in the Inner Sanctum that can have any Expert level spell book. Save/reload before the entrance to roll the one you need.
- Progress with the main quest and talk to the Greybeards. After that start doing the Dragonborn DLC up to the point of Cleansing the Stones.
- Go to Neloth and do Reluctant Steward for him. Craft two Expert Destruction staves.
That's it! Enjoy the power.
Some miscellaneous tips:
- I usually get 5000 gold ASAP to marry someone. This is the best income you can get without trading.
- Atronach scrolls are very useful before you get a conjuration staff.
© 2021 Game Channel