Matt Bird writes all sorts of nonsense, but he dedicates a large chunk of his time to writing game walkthroughs.
House Dres doesn't have a great reputation in Stonefalls or beyond, and many of your missions will pit you against their incessant machinations. There are worse things at stake right now, though, and House Dres needs your help to rescue one of their missing sons. Are you game? Or do you have better things to do? Never forget, there are magical items and gold coins on the line . . .
City at the Spire
Reward: 36 gold
- To trigger this quest you must first complete The General's Demise, part of a longer quest line beginning in Davon's Watch. After defeating General Serien and speaking to Holgunn you'll unlock City at the Spire.
- Make your way to Kragenmoor in the south. You'll find the necessary NPC, Riinsi Dreloth, on the road running north of the city. She'll send you on to the Grandmaster, completing the quest.
NPC: Grandmaster Omin Dres
Reward: 210 gold
- Grandmaster Omin Dres is in the Grandmaster's Palace. It's the largest building in the town and the closest structure to the local Wayshrine. Speak to him and he'll send you to speak to his seneschal, Denu Faren.
- You'll find Denu down the right hall in the Palace. She'll tell you a little about the situation – namely, that the Grandmaster's son has been kidnapped by the Indorils – and send you upstairs to speak to Nadras Hlor.
- Nadras will give you two options. Either you can assault the Indoril encampment, a straightforward battle made for warriors, or you can go the thieving route and sneak into the enemy barracks.
Going the assault route is pretty simple. The enemy camp is east of Kragenmoor, a short ways southwest of the Ashen Road Wayshrine and near some ruins. The area looks thinly guarded, but the guards hereabouts tend to come in packs of three and can be rather painful. If you're at a low level and choose this option you may have to sneak around to avoid a surplus of opposition.
You're looking for three letters 'round the enemy camp that speaks of the son's location. One letter is by the tents; another is on a crate down a dirt road from the tents; the third is sitting on the side of the ruins. After finding all three, speak to Denu Faren, at the side of the Palace (outside, not inside) to complete the quest.
To trigger the sneaking quest you must purchase a Vanguard uniform from Kaasha, a Khajiit merchant selling wares outside the Grandmaster's Palace. You can either pay 180 gold for the Vanguard Uniform or Intimidate the merchant into giving it to you for free. Once you have the Uniform, put it on (double-clicking will equip the whole thing) and approach the Barracks on the east side of town. The Uniform will get you inside.
You're looking for two letters in the Barracks. The first is at the far end of the entry hall; the second is in a small room in the basement. Both are easy to find, though you'll have to avoid Vanguard soldiers on the prowl for intruders. Stay out of the line of sight of the guys with torches and you should have no trouble getting out safely. Speak to Denu Faren outside the walls of the Palace to complete the quest.
Regardless of the method you used, you'll be sent to a tomb complex outside Kragenmoor. Sounds like a ton of fun, no? Before you go anywhere, though, check the newly sprouted quest that appears outside the walls of the Grandmaster's Palace. The NPC, Laughs-at-All, will ask you to go to the exact same place, and you may as well get both quests done simultaneously.