The Elder Scrolls Online Walkthrough - Kragenmoor: Saving the Son, This One's a Classic
The Indorils have gone too far this time. They've kidnapped Sen, the son of House Dres, and they hold him captive in his House's own crypt. Grandmaster Omin Dres demands revenge for his son's kidnapping, and he employees no less than you to bring Sen back. Are you up to the task?
Saving the Son
NPC: Denu Faren
Reward: House Cousin's Helm, 84 gold
- To trigger this quest you must first complete Aggressive Negotiations, either by attacking a Vanguard camp or sneaking into a Vanguard Barracks. Speak to Denu Faren after doing one or the other to complete Aggressive Negotiations and begin Saving the Son.
- The Grandmaster's son is, apparently, being held in a Tomb outside Kragenmoor. You'll find a tunnel leading to the Tomb in the rocks to the northwest of Kragenmoor. The House Dres Crypts are beyond, up a set of stairs.
- (Before entering the Tomb, speak to the Argonian NPC Laughs-at-All outside the Palace. He has a quest for you that's detailed below, one you can complete while undertaking Saving the Son.)
- The waypoint for this quest is very close to the entrance of the Crypts, at least horizontally, but this is misleading. The cage you're looking for is actually on a ledge far above the entrance. You need to take a left and follow the long, twisting passage upward until it carries you to a long room with a door at the end. Take another left, ignoring the door, and you'll find the cage. There are plenty of Vanguard troops along the way, so don't drop your guard.
- Sen Dres is sitting outside the cage, for... some reason. Speak to him to free him, then follow him out of the Crypts. The door you just passed takes you back to Kragenmoor, not far from the Palace. Speak to Sen again once you're outside and he'll take off to the Palace.
- Go inside and speak to Grandmaster Omin Dren. Doing so will bring the quest to a close, and you can speak to Sen to trigger the next sequence in the storyline. You can also speak to the Grandmaster again to receive another quest...
Vengeance for House Dres
NPC: Grandmaster Omin Dres
Reward: Sigil of House Dres, 42 gold
- In the wake of his son's kidnapping, the Grandmaster asks for the head of their commander, Captain Dunveril.
- Head east of Kragenmoor to find the Vanguard camp (assuming you haven't been this direction before). You'll find Dunveril standing near some tents atop a stone podium in the midst of the camp. She's an above average soldier with some strong AOE attacks, but so long as you wipe out any attendant soldiers before going after her she's no big deal.
- Return to the Grandmaster after killing her. Omin will happily hand over a reward for your work.
This One's a Classic
Reward: Bolstaff of Koal Canton, 168 gold
- This quest, like Saving the Son, triggers when you complete Aggressive Negotiations. You'll find the NPC, Laughs-at-All, standing on a bench outside the Grandmaster's Palace.
- Laughs-at-All is a comedian, but he's a pretty bad comedian - or his crowd has no sense of humour. The Dark Elves of Kragenmoor don't know how to laugh, and Laughs-at-All suspects that his material is to blame. He needs some ancient rites to make 'em howl, and he believes that some spirits in the House Dres Crypts may be able to help. (How? Huh.)
- You'll find the Crypts on the edge of town - and, yes, they're the same place where you completed the previous quest. You need to learn the three parts of the performance and tell them to Laughs-at-All.
- The first of the NPCs in this quest, Geril Randoro, is found near the entry hall into the Crypt. Run forward until the path splits, then take a right. Speak to the spirit at the end.
- Take the left path back at the split and follow it until you see another spirit, Doril Randoro, standing in front of a bookcase. He'll share the second section of the 'joke' with you.
- The final NPC, Taril Randoro, is laying on a bier in the Crypt's final room. Speak to him to complete the joke by learning the punchline. Such as it is.
- Return to Laughs-at-All. You have a choice: you can either lie and say you learned nothing or give him the joke. The quest ends either way, and you'll get the same reward regardless of your choice, but the cost... huh.