The Elder Scrolls Online Walkthrough - Mournhold: A Favor Returned, The Mournhold Underground
The Maulborn have been stymied by your efforts in the rest of Deshaan, but they appear to be well-entrenched in Mournhold. The people of the great city have need of your strength to free them from the Maulborn's grip - and no less than their Sacred Lady has personally asked for your aid in the matter...
A Favor Returned
Reward: Naryu's Sniper Bow, 226 gold
- To trigger this quest you must first complete Hiding in Plain Sight. It's detailed in another article.
- Make for Mournhold. Upon entering you'll be hailed by the Ordinators standing at the entrances to the city. Speak to any one of them to trigger the quest; each will suggest you look for a registrar to declare your presence in Mournhold.
- Approach City Center, Mournhold's large, central building. Climb the entry stairs out front and you'll find a registrar, Riivel, standing by the front door. He'll register you on the spot and send you to the Tribunal Temple, by orders of Almalexia herself.
- The Tribunal Temple is the enormous building in the north of Mournhold. Climb the steps and you'll find Naryu Virian, by now familiar, halfway up. Speak to her, then continue into the temple.
- Almalexia awaits inside. Speak to her and she'll give you Almalexia's Enchanted Lantern, as well as her blessing to continue tracking the Maulborn in Mournhold.
- Leave the temple and head to the Flaming Nix. It's a pub on the east side of town, a short trip north of the local blacksmithing shop.
- Speak to Naryu inside. She'll reveal that House Dres is engaged in some slippery activities hereabouts, possibly related to the Maulborn, and that they keep a farm nearby. You'll need a key from a courier to access the farm. You can either lightly poison the courier to get the key or Persuade Naryu to seduce the guy in your favour. (Thanks to Oleo for the alternative.)
- Assuming you go the poison route, enter the basement of the Flaming Nix to find the bottle. Poison it up, then speak to Naryu again. She'll vocalize the courier's coming and going. Leave the Flaming Nix once prompted.
- Follow Thauruvail Dres as he wanders through Mournhold. Don't get too close or he'll freak out. Eventually he'll lead you to a back alley and collapse. Grab the House Dres Key from his body.
- Leave Mournhold from the southwest exit. Across the road is the House Dres Farmhold. Fight the farmers tending the land - they're nothing special - then enter the house indicated with a waypoint.
- Inside, investigate the various waypoints, then speak to Naryu Virian when she pops in. She'll finish the quest off for you and tell you to investigate the trap door you just uncovered. This will trigger a new quest.
The Mournhold Underground
NPC: Naryu Virian
Reward: Ordinator Boots, 226 gold
- After speaking to Naryu, pop into the Mournhold Underground. Follow her until she stops in front of a hole. Talk to her, then leap down through the hole. This next area has several Alit, so be cautious.
- Sewers! The door out of here is on your right, an innocuous stone slab. Inspect it to determine it can't be opened, then check the switch beside the door. It still won't open. Drop into the water behind you and check the thin causeway beneath the gratings to find another switch, then climb the ladder in the middle of the room to find a third lever you can pull. This will open the door.
- Sewers. You'll see wards on the ground ahead. Talk to Naryu near the wards before proceeding onward.
- Make your way through the throngs of Maulborn beyond. You'll eventually wind up amid some greenery; look for a passage to your left as you hop down into the water.
- In the next room you'll face a large number of Maulborn on two levels. Move through the group, killing the lot, until you run out of targets. Almalexia will appear once they're all dead. She'll tell you to go to the Mages Guild. After she departs, leave the way you came and go out the first door you see ahead to wind up back on the world map.
- Make the trip back into Mournhold and head to the Mages Guild in the west. Speak to Farona Telvanni in the central chamber. After she's done talking, speak to an Ordinator outside the Mages Guild to finish up the quest. This will also trigger another quest, The Seal of Three.