The Elder Scrolls Online Walkthrough - Mournhold: The Seal of Three
The Maulborn have become incredibly bold. Summoning a flock of Daedra, one of their priests has taken over the Tribunal Temple of Mournhold and snagged a relic of incredible power. Almalexia needs you to infiltrate the temple, beat up the Daedra, and restore order to her realm.
The Seal of Three
NPC: Farona Talvani / Almalexia
Reward: Ordinator Helm, 378 gold, 1 Skill Point
- To trigger this quest you must first complete The Mournhold Underground. After doing so, speak to Farona Talvani at Mournhold's Mages Guild to collect your reward and to start The Seal of Three.
- Head to the doors in front of Mournhold's huge palace. Almalexia is outside this time, and she'll reveal that the Maulborn have unleashed a horde of Daedra into Almalexia's temple. You need to get in there and flush them out.
- Climb the stairs to the Tribunal Temple and head in. Be ready for a scrap.
- Your objective in the Temple is to close three Daedric Portals. The Temple is protected by Dremora troops, mages and warriors alike, as well as Watchers. The Dremora are standard fare; the Watchers are a bit different. Be ready to get blown around a lot by Watchers if you're bad at dodging AOE effects.
- Not much to say here. There are paths to the right and the left upon entering. Pick your way through the rooms and close off the Portals after killing their defenders. Don't overstretch yourself by fighting more than two enemies at once and you shouldn't have much trouble.
- Once the three Portals are closed, hunt about for a large, gold obelisk in one of the rooms and pray to it. This will bring in Almalexia. Speak to her to learn some details of the intrusion. She'll then tell you to pray at the altars of Vivec and Sotha Sil, two other deities, which are also located in the temple.
- The Daedra will be gone upon speaking to Almalexia, so you're free to look for the other two altars unmolested. Sotha Sil is in the north; Vivec is in the southeast. Each will trigger a trial.
This trial demands you repair an Arbiter of Perfection in the workshop beside the altar. There are two Dwarven Mechanisms flanking the Arbiter that will summon Dwarven Spehere and Dwarven Spiders; the Spheres drop Dynamo Cores, the Spiders Spinning Gears. Add five Dynamo Cores and four Spinning Gears to the Arbiter to bring it to life, then trash the thing in combat. Investigate the Enigma of Sotha Sil that appears behind you after the test to receive Sotha Sil's blessing.
This trial requires you to listen to the story of a shade, Vamen, who botched what should have been a fixed duel. Investigate the dead body after the first conversation, then, speak to each of the shades that appear in the room thereafter. Speak to Fenila Redoran (one of the shades) after talking to them all and render your judgement. The Enigma of Vivec will appear either way, and you'll receive Vivec's blessing.
- The three blessings will open the Chapel of the Three for you, its entrance located in the top-right wall of the temple's central room. Inside you'll find Maulborn Priest Sathram, drawing on the power of three divine relics, each dedicated to a different god. You must 'activate' the three relics in the order in which you received their respective god's blessing. For example, you'll have to trigger the Relic of Almalexia, the Relic of Sotha Sil, and the Relic of Vivec in that order if that's how you progressed through the temple. Otherwise the beams protecting Sathram will reactivate and you'll be forced to start over.
- Last? Beat up Sathram. He's a buffed-up Storm Mage, and acts just as any other Storm Mage in the game. So long as you keep out of his electrical AOE attack you shouldn't have any trouble chipping him down and taking him out on your own. There's plenty of room to run away if you need a breather, as well.
- Return to the entrance of the Tribunal Temple and speak to Almalexia to bring the quest to a successful close. Keep talking to her and you'll trigger a new quest, Chasing the Magistrix.