The Elder Scrolls Online Walkthrough - Tormented Spire: Climbing the Spire
For a long time the Tormented Spire has lingered in the south of Stonefalls, taunting you with its presence - and its impenetrability. With the safety of Sen Dres assured, though, you now have a way into the Tormented Spire... and, eventually, to the horrifying monster that's held within the volcano's flaming caldera. Ready to take down that second Brother of Strife?
To the Tormented Spire
NPC: Sen Dres
Reward: 42 gold
- To trigger this quest you must first complete Saving the Son. After returning Sen Dres to his father, Sen himself will act as the NPC for the next part of the questline.
- Sen Dres sends you to Tormented Spire, an enormous volcano in the south of Stonefalls. Either head east of Kragenmoor to reach it or, if you've already reached the place, use the Ashen Road Wayshrine.
- Head east off of the road and you'll find Holgunn waiting near a shimmering, heat-filled portal. Speak to him to complete the quest and trigger a new one.
Climbing the Spire
Location: Tormented Spire
Reward: 210 gold
- Holgunn wants to pursue Tanval Indoril, who's gone past the portal blocking the Tormented Spire, but the barrier is in the way. You can take it down by interacting with the two Ritual Ward Stones floating to the left and right of the entrance. Once the way is open, pop open the trapdoor beyond.
- The volcanic valley ahead is full of Vanguard soldiers, many of them fighting Pact soldiers. You can either smash your way through or skim along the right side of the valley. You'll find Walks-in-Ash behind a piece of fallen stone. Speak to her and she'll tell you to enter the ruins ahead and disable wards as you go.
- Stick to the right wall and keep travelling along it to find the Southern Ruins. Be careful of the soldiers - they appear in packs of three, more often than not, and can be quite difficult if you're at level 15 or lower.
- There's a ward inside. Interact with it and you're done with the ruins. Back outside. Don't miss the bookshelves.
- Continue down the valley, tending more to the left. The path will lead you to the Northern Ruins. There's another ward inside. Trigger it and go back outside.
- The battle is now over. Head back the way you came and look to the right side of the path. You'll quickly discover that the Vanguard troops are done fighting. Look for a thin cave that leads to Tanval Indoril. He'll admit his folly and tell you to kill a guardian and collect her key.
- From this point on you'll be facing occasional Scamps and Flame Atronachs. Nothing horribly difficult, mind, but worth noting - they're a bit tougher than the soldiers you were facing earlier.
- To the left of the assembled soldiers is a downward path leading to a large platform amid lava. On the platform is a small bowl. Interact with it to evoke Flamespinner, a powerful guardian with some strong AOE attacks. Strafe around her and pick at her health until she goes down. (It's not unusual to have some PC help, so don't worry too much.) Loot her corpse for the Daedric Key.
- (Be warned: As of my playing, Flamespinner seems quite glitchy. There are times when her summoning gets stuck and she won't appear at all. You'll likely have to come back after a reset if this happens - there's no fixing the bug on your own.)
- Turn back the way you came. On your way back up the hill you'll see a door. This leads to the Caldera Ruins. Inside, along with plenty of bookshelves, you'll find a series of moving, purple columns surrounding a wardstone. You'll have to weave around the columns and quickly trigger the wardstone, as touching one sends you back to the room's entrance. Hop off of the wall in front of the first set of stairs and dash to the stone while the columns are sweeping past. You should have just enough time to trigger the stone before getting caught by a column.
- Tanval is standing outside. Speak to him to end the quest and trigger another, one of the last in this long, long line of quests.
More by this Author
In this section of the Elder Scrolls Online walkthrough we set about Sadal's Final Defeat. Victoryyyyy!
In this section of the Elder Scrolls Online walkthrough we try to preserve The Seal of Three. Will you succeed? This isn't the final quest in the quest line, so... maybe... not...?
A Dark Room is a long, complex browser-based game with a ton of waiting involved. Help minimize your already minimalistic journey with this walkthrough.
No comments yet.