Arc is a self-help author/speaker and AI thinker. He also make apps as a side hustle.
This build is a variant of my two-handed melee weapon Engineer. It can stun enemies to trigger a powerful Coup de Grace. Stun is really useful since it disables the affected enemy. A high amount of strength is recommended to make Coup de Grace amazingly powerful.
- Strength (345 Stat Points): The heavy damage of this build comes from a high amount of strength. Your passive skill, Coup de Grace, also deals damage based on the Engineer’s strength.
- Dexterity (75 Stat Points): Put enough points here for increased critical strike chance, dodge, and fumble recovery.
- Vitality (75 Stat Points): Don’t worry, you will get more vitality from the Engineer's equipment.
Here is a look at the skills you will need.
Blitz (61 Skill Points)
- Seismic Slam (15 Skill Points): The bread and butter skill of this build! This skill deals fire damage with crowd control. Affected enemies will be interrupted with a high chance to be stunned at max level. Seismic Slam complements with Fire and Spark and Coup de Grace.
- Onslaught (1 Skill Point): This is a one-point wonder skill. Onslaught is very useful when you need to quickly move to your enemies, chase down escaping enemies, or escape from trouble. It reduces the enemy's attack speed, movement speed, and cast speed by 50% for 2 seconds. The debuff is fixed on any level.
- Heavy Lifting (15 Skill Points): This basic attack is your primary source of damage in the early game. So make this skill one of your priorities to max. The passive skill provides an increased attack speed and a chance to stun the target when using a giant weapon. This skill greatly complements with Coup de Grace since it increases the chance to stun your target. Supercharge also benefits from this skill.
- Supercharge (15 Skill Points): Even at a lower skill level, Supercharge procs a lot. Becoming supercharged boosts your damage and quickly fills up your charge bar. A filled up charge bar boosts the shield of Forcefield.
- Coup de Grace (15 Skill Points): This is the main passive skill for this build, which triggers when you hit a stunned enemy. At early levels, you won’t appreciate Coup de Grace since there are only a few stun chances available. You will experience Coup de Grace's power once Seismic Slam and Heavy Lifting is at a higher level. And when you have another bonus chance to stun with equipment.
Read More From Levelskip
Construction (31 Skill Points)
- Healing Bot (15 Skill Points): Learn and max this skill early. Healing Bot provides basic necessities that the whole group needs. Almost every Engineer has this skill in their arsenal.
- Fire and Spark (15 Skill Points): Basically, this passive skill boosts damage of your Seismic Slam, Onslaught, and Coup de Grace. To maximize the use of Fire and Spark, equip weapons with electric or fire damage.
- Charge Domination (1 Skill Point): This single-point wonder provides you with a surprising full charge bar proc.
Aegis (40 Skill Points)
- Forcefield (15 Skill Points): This is a necessity for almost any Engineer build. It is a powerful defensive support skill for the whole party. Cast Forcefield as much as possible when the charge bar is full to get the maximum amount of Shield.
- Immobilization Copter (15 Skill Points): Summons a companion that reduces enemy’s movement, attack, and cast speed. At higher levels, the copter can also damage and interrupt enemies.
- Aegis of Fate (1 Skill Point): Just like Charge Domination, this one-point wonder provides surprising proc. It has a chance to cast Aegis that absorbs damage with extra resistance to knockback.
- Charge Reconstitution (9 Skill Points): It provides health recovery whenever you use charge for skills. This passive complements well with Supercharge and Forcefield skill.
- Spell: Haste - Cast this spell whenever it's available to increase speed. More attack speed unofficially contributes to an increased chance of stunning enemies. It is also helpful when exploring map.
- Tome: Weapons Expertise - Permanently increases melee damage.
- Tome: Willpower - Permanently grants 50% resistance to slow and immobilization.
- Tome: Adrenaline Shock - This is another version of Supercharge. With this tome, you gain attack speed and movement speed. The tome procs when struck.
Equipment Affixes Priority
- Two-Hand Melee Weapon (Great Weapon): A passive skill such as Heavy Lifting only works with great weapons.
- Chance to stun: Since this build is all about stunning enemies, you need all the stun chances that you can get.
- Critical hit chance: Engineers rely on boosting critical hit chances from equipment.
- Electric and Fire damage: Get bonus Electric and Fire damage to maximize the effect of Fire and Spark.
- Health on hit: This will help you survive heavy fights.
- Heal, Armor, and Damage reduction: Although Engineers are a natural tank, you still need these defensive bonuses.
Feel free to make your own version of this build.