Arc is a self-help author/speaker and AI thinker. He also make apps as a side hustle.
You can use a shield as both a defensive and offensive item.
If you're planning on using a hybrid Engineer that is capable of both tanking and hitting, this is what you are looking for.
- Strength (220 Stat Points): Your main stats for increasing weapon damage and critical hit damage.
- Dexterity (100 Stat Points): Offensively, you need this stat to increase critical hit chances. Defensively, you need this stat to increase dodge chances and fumble recovery.
- Vitality (175 Stat Points): Boost your health, armor, and chance to block.
Here are the skills you should invest in.
Read More From Levelskip
Blitz (31 Skill Points)
- Onslaught (1 Skill Point): Mainly use this skill to quickly dash from one place to another. Just put a single point on this skill. You can also reduce enemies attack, cast, and movement speed using Onslaught.
- Supercharge (15 Skill Points): A one-hand melee weapon is fast enough to proc this passive skill often. Once supercharged, you deal extra damage and charge gain. More charge complements with Shield Bash, Forcefield, and Charge Reconstitution.
- Coup de Grace (15 Skill Points): You can proc this passive skill often since Shield Bash has a high amount of chance to stun. One thing I like about this passive is that the electrical damage is based on strength.
Construction (31 Skill Points)
- Healing Bot (15 Skill Points): Having this drone available at an early level is economical for you and your party. It helps you and your allies save money from buying potions. This small drone can also boost armor at higher level tier.
- Bulwark (15 Skill Points): Putting some points on this skill at an early level can help you against physical damage.
- Charge Domination (1 Skill Point): Even a single point in this skill can contribute to your charge bar. Just don’t waste more points on this passive skill. More charge complements with Shield Bash, Forcefield, and Charge Reconstitution.
Aegis (70 Skill Points)
- Shield Bash (15 Skill Points): The bread and butter active skill for this build! Its low mana cost and high chance to stun makes this skill really useful. More charge provides additional damage to this skill and using it lets you generate charges. Shield armor also contributes to the skill’s damage. This is your first active skill to max.
- Forcefield (15 Skill Points): Another priority skill to max since this is a must to have. Cast this once and the whole party will benefit from the damage absorption and knockback resistance. Forcefield’s damage absorption increases the more charge you consume using this skill.
- Immobilization Copter (15 Skill Points): A drone that can slow, interrupt, and damage multiple enemies. Never forget to deploy this because it helps a lot in crowd controlling enemies.
- Sword and Board (15 Skill Points): The bread and butter passive skill for this build! It adds bonus physical damage to melee attacks base on shield’s armor. Period!
- Aegis of Fate (1 Skill Point): The skill provides chance for damage absorption. Don’t waste more points on this skill. You get better chance to proc the more enemies around.
- Charge Reconstitution (9 Skill Points): Putting your remaining skill points here provides you health recovery whenever you use charge. Since you tank enemies, every health recovery is needed.
- Spell: Haste - Haste lets you attack faster and move faster. The duration and cooldown of this spell is the same, so it is always available when needed.
- Tome: Blocking - Blocking more damage lets you tank better.
- Tome: Armor Expertise - More armor lets you tank better.
- Tome: Weapon Expertise - You also need this tome since this build is a hybrid of damage and defense.
Equipment Affixes Priority
- High quality Shield: Old Master Q is my favorite shield for this build. It provides a high amount of armor, chance to block, and bonus to all damage.
- Any high quality 1 hand melee weapon: The most passive skill in this build will only work using a melee weapon.
- Chance to stun: This is good for Coup de Grace.
- Critical hit chance: Landing more critical strike lets you damage more.
- Health stolen on hit: Steal health even when you’re already a tank to survive tougher situations.
- Elemental armor: You have enough armor against physical damage. All you need is armor against elemental damage like fire, ice, electric, and poison.
Feel free to make your own variants.