Arc is a self-help author/speaker and AI thinker. He also make apps as a side hustle.
With this build, most enemies are dead before they reach you. This Outlander kills at range while keeping enemies at bay.
The build offensively rules with Long Range Mastery, Akimbo, Marksmanship, Dual Wielding, huge amount of Strength, and of course, Dual Pistol.
It keeps enemies at distance with Rune Vault, Bramble Wall, and Repulsion Hex.
Finally, it is supported by Shadowlings, Stone Pact, Share the Wealth and Dodge Mastery.
Strength (325 Stat Points)
Put massive points on this stat to deal huge amount of weapon and critical hit damage.
Dexterity (120 Stat Points)
Why only 120 Stat points?
Too much dexterity plus Charge, Dodge Mastery and Share the Wealth won’t add more to dodge chance.
You get more critical hit chance from Charge, Share the Wealth and Outlander armor set.
Finally, you will get more dexterity from Outlander armor set.
Vitality (50 Stat Points)
You’re going to need some vitality if planning to play elite difficulty.
Warfare (40 Skill Points)
Read More From Levelskip
- Rune Vault (10 Skill Points): Your active skill for escaping danger, it allows you to move away backward leaving enemies blinded and knockback.
- Long Range Mastery (15 Skill Points): Permanently increases the range and damage of your pistol. Max this skill first.
- Akimbo (15 Skill Points): Permanently increases the damage and chance to execute with pistol. It allows your Outlander to often strike with both pistol even without focus stats. Max this skill first.
Lore (31 Skill Points)
- Bramble Wall (5 Skill Points): This skill keeps your enemy at range distance. Just put 5 skill points for resource efficiency.
- Dodge Mastery (10 Skill Points): It increases your dodge chance permanently. This is helpful since the build only distributes 120 stat points to dexterity.
- Poison Burst (1 Skill Point): A single point is enough to put some chance to deal poison damage when you kill enemy.
- Share the Wealth (15 Skill Points): The passive shares your charge benefits to you and your allies. It makes your character stronger and your allies thankful for your presence.
Sigil (61 Skill Points)
- Repulsion Hex (5 Skill Points): The hex pushes back enemies that draw too near, keeping them at bay. Skill has a chance to cause flee and interrupt on enemies.
- Stone Pact (15 Skill Points): Overall defensive skill for the whole party providing health recovery, bonus to all armor, and damage reflect back on attacker. A must-have for the group.
- Shadowling Brute (15 Skill Points): The Shadowlings summon will take care of melee combat for you. Having some companion divides your enemies making your Outlander lesser prone to damage. Brute is your main companion powered by Death Ritual to increase its damage more and makes it always available.
- Shadowling Ammo (11 Skill Points): Put all your remaining skill points here. It grants chance to spawn Shadowling Bats when you kill enemy. The passive skill allows you to spawn multiple Shadowlings that can swarm enemies. The skill complements with Death Ritual passive.
- Death Ritual (15 Skill Points): The passive power up for your Shadowlings, it increases their damage and summon duration.
- Spell: Haste: The spell allows you to move and attack faster. Mainly, what I like about the spell is the movement speed bonus and the cooldown.
- Tome: Marksmanship: Permanently increases the power of your range weapon.
- Tome: Dual Wielding: Permanently increases the power of your pistols as long as it is dual wielded.
- Tome: Animal Handling: The tome permanently powers up your pet and shadowlings.
Equipment Affixes Priority
- Dual Wield Pistol: The main required equipment for this build is to dual pistol. The most high end weapon of course is recommended.
- Health stolen on hit: Having health stolen on hit is a must for survival. You need it for insurance even the build has the skill to keep enemies at range distance.
- Attack speed: Attack speed increases your damage per second and health stolen on hit.
- Critical hit chance: More critical hit chance is still welcome for this build to let you damage more.
- Bonus power to pet and minions: Don’t forget to power up your companion because they contribute really well to your survival.
© 2014 Arc Sosangyo
DANIEL on February 06, 2020:
I wonder, how is the aoe clear? its mostly single target theres no aoe
Tearanis_trauernicht on July 12, 2019:
Hey Arc Does the focus matter i didn't see it up in the stats area?
Arc Sosangyo (author) on May 17, 2018:
@roan - yes it can hold its own on elite.
roan on May 16, 2018:
thank you for your response i love this build has it also been tested for elite
Arc Sosangyo (author) on May 11, 2018:
@Roan - This build can work with any kind of weapons and armor, as long as you are using dual pistols.
roan on May 10, 2018:
what weapons an armor should i have at the end
Arc Sosangyo (author) on February 21, 2018:
@Avsha - I designed this build to rely on basic attacks. But don't get me wrong, Rapid Fire is a good skill.
Avsha on February 20, 2018:
I'm new to action RPGs and I'm gonna try this build soon, just wanted to ask why didn't you take rapid fire?
Arc Sosangyo (author) on September 26, 2017:
Glad I could help
The Kid on September 16, 2017:
This is my first full play through on Torchlight 2 believe it or not, I was always a Diablo/POE/Grim Dawn guy.
I must say though, this build is simply fantastic, blasted my way through the campaign with absolutely no problem. Currently working on Map Works right now, but only lvl. 55 so I still have a ways to go.
Well done sir.
Arc Sosangyo (author) on July 16, 2016:
Glad I could help
Lone Wolf on July 09, 2016:
Thnaks a bunch, I was building a really messy Outlander with some skills I hadn't used for a while, and then I was always swithching from Cannons to Pistols; it was bad. Let's see what I can do with this! ;)
Arc Sosangyo (author) on February 22, 2016:
@kirpicsis and @Screw
Screw on January 31, 2016:
kirpicsis on November 08, 2015:
Thank you so much for this guide, I was really at a loss on how to build my outlander and make her an effective player.