Supreme Gamer writes about upcoming video games, tips, and hints, focusing mainly on the science fiction and RPG genres.
In Dark Souls, the hero finally reaches Anor Londo and now must find the first three bonfires in Anor Londo to ensure that he has the maximal chance of defeating all the monsters, especially the boss past the fog gate in Anor Londo.
This guide will show you how to find the bonfires in Anor Londo. In addition, some tactics are provided for easy circumventing of the monsters in Anor Londo in linking all the bonfires so the hero can head straight to the fog gate from the Anor Londo bonfire that gives him the most number of estus flask fillings.
The hero is airlifted from Sen's Fortress and dropped into Anor Londo by Batwing creatures. The hero must descend some stairs from the drop off point to meet a semi giant knight near the bottom of the stairs.
- Either fight this knight, or just run past him into a room with two more knights. These two knights will not attack the hero unless he approaches too close.
- Just head out of this chamber and turn left and head down the stairs and the hero will be at the first bonfire.
- There is a golden knight near this first bonfire. This is the firekeeper of the bonfire. Try not to attack him.
- To find the second bonfire, head up the stairs from the first bonfire and go straight ahead into an elevator which will take the hero down into the floor below.
- Head out to find a flying gargoyle which will fly towards the hero, attack the hero and then retreat. This flying gargoyle should be no match for the hero by this time.
- Just head behind the gargoyle and attack from behind.
- With the gargoyle gone, look straight ahead and then to the left to find a narrow pathway up into the next building.
- Traverse this narrow pathway and then drop down into the ledge below.
- Find an opening in the window and near here and head inside the building.
In this building the hero will be attacked by white masked men. Be careful of surprise attacks, as these white masked men move very fast and drop out from the ceilings to attack the hero.
- Defeat one or two of these men and then climb a ladder to head up into the rafting above the church.
- Head across the rafting and defeat more white masked men. Look for a white light and transverse across.
- Head out to the center to find a huge elevator with a lever and push the lever two times to bring the elevator down two floors.
- Head downstairs and the hero will be at the second bonfire.
Getting to the third bonfire is the most difficult part of this task. To do this, the hero has to run beyond the archer knights. These archer knights do not shoot arrows. They shoot lances that deal a lot of damage and propel the hero backwards. Because the hero is on a narrow ledge at that time, any backward movement will plunge the hero into air and down into the bottomless pit below.
- From the second bonfire (remember to save before proceeding), push the lever in the center part of the elevator once, and the elevator will wind up to the next floor.
- Next, go up the stairs and notice a pair of knight golems guarding a really large door. The hero must open this door at some point.
There are two ways from here onwards. One is to fight through all the creatures until the archer knights. The other is just to run. Running is easier because it saves time. From the two knight golem position, just roll and run to the right to a black steel gate that is open.
- Head down from the black steel gate and find three batwing creatures that can throw lightning spears.
- Run past them and into a narrow black archway down to the next level.
- Pause at the end and heal up momentarily before heading into the next pavilion.
- Two more batwing creatures occupy this pavilion.
- Head left and up another narrow black pathway.
- At this point, the knight archers will start shooting. Run in a zigzag manner to confuse the archers and run to the top of the black pathway.
- Stop for breath at the top and healing as the archers cannot reach the hero at this point.
How to Get Past the Two Knight Archers
Now for the most crucial step in getting to the third bonfire.
- Move to the left of the narrow ledge but do not turn the corner yet until the left archer knight stops shooting.
- Now shield up and turn the corner and move along the ledge and turn the corner again.
- Use agility to run up the final black pathway up to the top.
- Shield up and turn right and just keeping rolling until the hero is near to the right knight archer.
- Once this knight archer puts his bow down and picks up his sword, turn and roll backwards towards the black pathway again.
- Run to just a little bit down from the top of the black pathway. At this position, the left knight archer cannot reach the hero, and the right knight archer will most likely fall off the ledge in chasing the hero.
- With the right knight archer gone, roll over the ledge again to the right side to avoid the left knight archer. The left knight archer probably only has one shot at the hero on the ledge.
- Stand up and move slowly over the ledge to the other side.
- Spot another ledge below, and jump down.
- Head inside the corridor and open the first door on the left.
Congratulations! The hero is at the third bonfire.
How to Run Past the Knight Archers
How to Link the Three Bonfires Together
Once the third bonfire has been reached, the hero must link the three bonfires together by opening the big black door. This step is not essential but is quite important for defeating the bosses on the other side of the Anor Londo fog gate.
- From the third bonfire (save first), go out of the room and run up the stairs. The silver knight at the bottom will begin chasing.
- At the top of the stairs, look for a room that opens to a dining room area. Beyond this room is another room with a silver knight on the right.
- Turn left and head up the stairs.
- At the top of the stairs is a large courtyard with knight archers.
- Run towards the one straight ahead in a zigzag manner.
- Run past this silver knight, and go down the stairs.
- Avoid the super giant knight golems and head to a lever on the left side of the large chamber (the fog gate is behind the hero at this stage).
- Push the lever to open the big black gate.
The three bonfires are now linked so that the fog gate can be accessed easily.
How to Link the Bonfires to the Anor Londo Blacksmith
- In the large chamber that contains the super giant golem knights, face the fog gate and run up the stairs on the left.
- Run gingerly past the silver knight and continue to head up the stairs.
- Turn right into a doorway and head downstairs to the blacksmith.
- Now head out where more batwing gargoyles are stationed.
- Find the black gate on the left side and open it from this side.
Now the blacksmith is linked to all three bonfires.
It's time to head forth into the fog gate to defeat the bosses: Ornstein the Dragonslayer and Smough the Executioner.