Supreme Gamer writes about upcoming video games, tips, and hints, focusing mainly on the science fiction and RPG genres.
In Might and Magic X Legacy, the party will have to learn spells for the heroes to stand any chance against the monsters of Ashan. Spells are an essential part of the world of Ashan, and will help the team avoid unconsciousness and defeat from level 1 to higher levels. High level spells will require the hero to obtain certain higher ranks to learn and more gold to purchase. Spells are divided into the following areas—light, dark, primordial, fire, water, earth and wind. This will provide the hero with a list of some of the basic to advanced spells in the game.
Fire Magic Spells
The novice to expert level fire spells are:
- Fire Bolt—hurls a bolt of fire onto an enemy, causing damage.
- Fire Ward—increases the resistance of party members by + 8. This is a novice fire magic spell.
- Torchlight—improves the party’s vision in darkness for some time. This is a novice fire magic spell.
- Danger Sense—allows the mage to sense the presence of nearby enemies and see them on the minimap. This is a novice fire magic spell.
- Burning Determination—this allows the party to persevere on with burning determination, preventing them from getting paralyzed or being stunned. They are also immune to sleep. This is an expert level fire magic spell.
- Inner Fire—grants increased might to the party members.
- Fireball—the cliché and most useful of all spells. Allows the hero to hurl a ball of fire at a group of enemies within a certain range, causing them damage. This is an expert level fire magic spell.
The mage heroes get some basic spells when they create their character, but Faris in Sorpigal will sell some other spells. Here is the way to find this merchant.
Wind Magic Spells
Air magic spells of the novice to expert level are:
- Gust of Wind—pushes the target back, and deals some damage. This spell is especially useful to prevent multiple attacks by dual wielding enemies.
- Protection Air—increases the air resistance of each party member by + 7. This is a novice air magic spell.
- Sparks—lightning sparks spread to enemies in all adjacent tiles, causing damage. This is a novice air magic spell.
- Windshield—strong winds surround the party and increase each party member’s Evade value against ranged attacks by a certain amount for some time. This is a novice air magic spell.
- Eagle Eye—when cast, the hero causes party members to be granted perception. This spell is an expert air magic spell.
- Lightning Bolt—Throws a lightning bolt at the enemy. This is an expert air magic spell.
- Clear Mind—This is an expert air magic spell.
Water Magic Spells
Magic users of the novice level can use the following spells -
- Ice Bolt—allows the mage to attack the enemy with a bolt of ice.
- Water Ward—increases the water resistance of each party member by + 7. This is a novice water magic spell.
- Consciousness—awakens target sleeping party member. This is a novice water magic spell.
- Frozen Ground—the magic user freezes the ground underneath the enemies, so that they cannot move for a turn. This is a novice water magic spell.
Light magic spells generally deal with damage and clarity induced by the power of light. The light spells include:
- Celestial Armor—protects the party members from the next amount of damage from the enemies.
- Light ward—all party members gain a certain amount of resistance to light spells. This is a novice light magic spell.
- Light Orb—the mage conjures an orb of light that improves vision in darkness for some time. This is a novice light magic spell.
- Clairvoyance—the mage conjures the light of Elrath which reveals nearby traps. This is a novice light magic spell.
- Cleansing Light—dispels curse on party members.
- Heal—restores health to target party member. This is an expert light magic spell.
- Radiant Weapon—swings a radiant weapon at the target is close combat, causing light damage and some physical damage. Enemies canot block this attack. This is an expert light magic spell.
Primordial Magic Spells
The primordial category of spells draws upon the pure essence of magic and allows the mage to use the essence to enhance himself or influence the hero. These spells include:
- Sundering—shatters the enemies’ armor.
- Time Stasis—the mage causes enemies to become trapped in a timeless state. They cannot be attacked, and they cannot attack or move during this turn. This is a novice primordial magic spell.
- Arcane Ward—upon casting, the mage causes resistance to be increased to all schools of magic for some time. This is a novice primordial magic spell.
- Mana Surge—whenever the enemy within a range of 5 casts a spell, he is dealt damage. This is a novice primordial magic spell.
- Dispel Magic—dispels all positive and negative conditions from party members.
- Heroic Destiny—all party members are granted increased destiny.
- Identify—identifies one unidentified item.
Earth Magic Spells
- Entangle—damages enemies and stops them from moving. A novice Earth magic spell.
- Earth Ward—grants party members a certain amount of resistance for a certain amount of time. This is a novice Earth magic spell.
- Regeneration—restores some amount of health per turn to the party member during the next few turns. This is a novice Earth magic spell.
- Cure Poison—this spell allows poison in party members to be cured. This is a novice earth magic spell.
- Poison Spray—when cast, this spell poisons each enemy in front of the party, dealing them first time damage and continuous damage. The enemies also become less prone to evasion. This is an expert earth magic spell.
- Stone Skin—the magic user causes the skin of each party member to harden. This increases armour value by a certain amount. This is an expert earth magic spell.
- Strength of the Earth—the mage endows a target party member with strength, curing a weakend state. This is an expert level earth magic spell.
The heroes can advance into the grandmaster tier for all the above magical domains. As spells in these areas become available, this will be updated here.