Supreme Gamer writes about upcoming video games, tips, and hints, focusing mainly on the science fiction and RPG genres.
In Skyrim Dragonborn dlc, the hero needs to learn the hidden knowledge of the Black Book "Epistolary Acumen." This is necessary so that the hero can learn the second word of Bend Will, Mind, and counter the power of Miraak.
To do this, the hero simply has to read the Black Book: Epistolary Acumen. By reading this Black Book, the hero's consciousness will be transported to Apocrypha, the realm of the daedric prince Hermaerus Mora.
This guide will show you how to navigate the four chapters of the Black Book: Epistolary Acumen and speak to Hermaeus Mora, learn the second word of Bend Will and complete the Gardener of Men quest.
Read Chapter 1 of the Black Book
After getting the second Black Book, the hero will no doubt be keen to read the Black Book. So open the book and read it.
- The hero will be transported to a strange dangerous realm where the ground is separated from one another by pools of acid. Black tentacled creatures live in these pools of acid.
- To successfully navigate between the islands of land, the hero needs to touch the scrye and then move onto the "bridge" that connects the islands.
- For chapter one, switch on the map, and look for the marker and the second chapter of the book.
- Nimbly move from the bridge onto the island that contains the scrye that will activate the foldable bridge that will lead the hero to the second chapter of the book.
- Head forth and read the second chapter.
Read Chapter 2 of the Black Book and Defeat the Lurker
Reading the second chapter transports the hero to the next area in the realm, where a lurker and two seekers guard the entrance to the third chapter of the Black Book. The lurker needs to be taken out as it is standing near to the gate. The seekers are standing next to the scrye control that will open the gate.
- Go into sneak mode and then launch bow and arrows attacks at the lurker.
- Keep shooting from a dark corner of the area until the lurker is defeated.
- Then run and switch on the scrye control and run for the gate as the seekers start firing off their greenish magicka balls at the hero.
- Read the third chapter of the Black Book on the pedestal beyond the gate.
Read Chapter 3 of the Black Book
The third chapter of the Black Book transports the hero to another area where he must now run towards chapter four of the Black Book. The hero needs to survive the attacks of the seekers that litter the area.
Towards the end of chapter three, the hero needs to get onto a bridge and go through a seeker and a lurker.
- The stealthy hero should go into sneak mode and take out the seeker.
- The seeker will re-materialize, and the hero should run past as fast as possible. The next enemy is the lurker.
- The hero can try to finish off this fight in close quarters, or simply sneak past the lurker.
- Go to the exit on the bridge and wait for the bridge to align with the platform that contains the fourth chapter.
- Head onto the platform and read the final chapter of the Black Book.
Learn the Second Word of Power of Bend Will
Finally, the hero will arrive at an elevated platform.
- Look around for a scrye control and hit the control.
- Go past the bridges that will fall and connect the platforms and head towards the Black Book.
- Speak to Hermaeus Mora and learn the second word of power of Bend Will, Mind, from Hermaeus Mora.
- Then strike a bargain with Hermaeus Mora to get the final word of power and head out to speak to Storn and complete the gardener of men quest.
When Hermaeus Mora learns the Skaal's secrets from Storn, the gardener of men quest is completed. Learn the third word of power of Bend Will, Dragon and set forth to Miraak's domain within Apocrypha to defeat him.