How to Make Your Sim a Celebrity in The Sims 3
Sooo..... You Wanna Be a Celebrity?
The Sims 3 is a computer simulation game in which ordinary people can live out all their dreams vicariously through these little characters on the screen who do the things we cannot, will not, or dare not do for ourselves. Through the magic of the Sims, you can make out with a vampire, become a witch who concocts evil potions with the help of herbs grown for her by fairy servants... or become a celebrity. In the Sims, as is occasionally true in life, becoming a celebrity may not really be so much a matter of being the most talented person on the block; it may just be about becoming close to the right people. Read on to learn how to make your Sim a celebrity in the Sims 3.
Meet Golda Starlite
Ladies and gentlemen, meet Golda Starlite, our Sim-sational tour guide through this guide to celebrity Sim-dom. Golda wants to become a celebrity. She's got the dream, she's got the bling, and she's got the personality for it. Golda comes with personality traits that predispose her to greatness; they make it easier for her to make friends, and they make it easier for her to gain celebrity points. Her five personalities traits are:
- Star Quality
Her lifetime ambition is "LIfestyle of the Rich and Famous." She wants to reach Celebrity Level 5, and she wants to be worth more than 100,000 simoleons. While many characters in the Sims may try to achieve greatness by developing expertise at a particular profession, Golda's ambition is different. She just wants to be a celebrity, and that requires that she meet people. She doesn't have time for a job!
Fortunately, Golda does not really need a job. After renting an apartment in the celebrity-rich neighborhood of Bridgeport, Golda still has over $12,000 to start the game. She's going to create income for herself by investing that money in one of the local restaurants, and in the meantime... she's on the prowl for a rich, single celebrity man. Golda now has a new Wish - she wants to meet a celebrity and gain her first celebrity point.
Golda buys a book on mixology and sits down to read it. (Hey, you never know when you might need a little cash. It never hurts to be able to moonlight at the clubs as a bartender!) While she's reading, she spots her first target - Renee Littler, a four-star celebrity who is a star anchorwoman. Because Renee is a journalist, she has developed five skill points worth of writing ability and two skill points worth of charisma. Golda's objective here is to "impress" Renee.
- Click on Renee
- Golda will be given the option to "Try to Impress Celebrity." Click on that bubble.
- Golda will then be given the option to either "Talk About Skill" or "Talk About Occupation." Either one is fine, but for now, choose "Talk About Skill."
- Seven bubbles will pop up. Each has the name of different skill in it. Golda must choose to discuss a skill that Renee has.
- Choose "writing".
- IChoosing topics that interest Renee will cause stars to float around Golda's head as the green meter above Renee's head goes up. Choosing topics that bore Renee will make the meter go down.
Golda must talk to her about her occupation, journalism, and her skills, writing and charisma. If she talks about anything else Renee will get bored and blow Golda off. This can get tricky if the Sim in play doesn't know the personality of the celebrity you are trying to exploi... er, befriend, well. Fortunately, Golda knows just what to do to make Renee happy, and by the end of the conversation, Renee decides that she's impressed by Golda. These two women can now socialize, and better than that, Golda is now a one-star celebrity herself! She's a "Fame-Leecher!" Golda now has one star under her name.
Now that Golda has Impressed Renee, she can earn additional points toward a second Celebrity star by becoming Friends with her. Once again, Golda must choose interactions that make Renee happy. By clicking on Renee and then choosing the correct conversation bubbles, Golda can say things that will make little blue plus signs appear over Renee's head and make her Friendship Meter go up. Since Golda chose to be both Friendly and a Schmoozer, she has some additional interactions that are effective at making Renee like her more. It is very important during this process that you do not choose the same conversation over and over again. This will bore the Sim you are attempting to befriend. In order to win Renee over, Golda makes such choices from the "friendly" option tree
- Get to Know
- Rock, Paper Scissors.
After several Sim hours of this, both women may be tired and very hungry, but Golda will succeed in making Renee her friend. The screen shot below shows the result.
The Celebrity Journal
As soon as Golda makes friends with Renee, click on the gold star beneath and slightly to the left of her name in the task bar. Her Celebrity Journal pops up.
By befriending a Celebrity, she has now earned enough Celebrity Points to be a two-star celebrity herself. Golda is now a Notable Figure. The Celebrity Journal keeps track of her celebrity - and her notoriety. The green meter shows us how far she is from earning enough Celebrity Points to advance to the next level, and it also shows us various metrics that measure her star quality
- How many celebrities she has met
- How many discounts and freebies she's obtained for being a celebrity
- How many bars she's visited.
- How many times she's been photographed.
- How many autographs she has signed.
- How may times she's been publicly disgraced
- How many times she's been falsely accused
Golda goes home to her apartment. There she pays her bills, gulps down a Quick Meal of Canned Soup, and goes to bed. She's got a big day of celebrity schmoozing ahead of her if she wants to make the big time!
The next day, Golda sleeps until almost noon so that she can party late before eating another Quick Meal (she has no time to cook), showering (nobody wants to befriend a stinky celebrity) and reading the newspaper. The newspaper tells her that the Hot Spot of the day is Aquarius dance club. That's where the action is tonight, that's where all the celebrities will be, and that's where she wants to be!
One of the joys of Sim Celebrity is getting into a VIP venue. .
While Golda is at the Aquarius, she runs into three more celebrities: Stella Striker, who is a one-star celebrity and therefore lower ranked than her, Joanna King, who is a two-star celebrity and therefore the same rank as her, and Richie Striker, a four-star athlete who snubs her because he outranks her. Now.. Golda gets to work. There's a lot of celebrity points to be made! Stella will...
- Greet Joanna. She will Impress Joanna automatically and get more Celebrity points.
- Greet Stella. She will Impress Stella automatically and get more Celebrity points.
- Golda has to try to Impress Richie. Because he's a Celebrity Athlete, she will choose "Talk About Skill: Athlete" and "Talk About Profession: Professional Sports."
- By the end of the night, Golda will have Impressed Richie for more Celebrity points. She considered flirting with him, but decided against it - he's married, and doing scandalous things in public can get you Publicly Disgraced in the Sims 3 if you are a Celebrity.
Dancing the Night Away... For Celebrity Points.
The next evening, Golda gets a golden opportunity. Her agent wants her to go to one of the local dive bars and give the place a little class by dancing there for three hours. By doing this, she will gain additional Celebrity points as well as some money. As Golda is fabulously unemployed, this seems like a good deal. While she is there, she finds the guy she's been looking for - Matthew. He's a five-star movie actor. He's single, so he's a good candidate for her to romance in order to fulfill her lifetime goal of wealth. (He's also really handsome.) His skill is charisma and his occupation is movies. Golda gets to work.
- She must Impress Matthew with conversations about charisma and film.
- She must dance at the bar for three hours, preferably with Matthew.
Ah, it's a workaday world being a Celebrity Sim!
At this point, Golda's options are laid out for her. Her objective is to visit the hot spots every night, meet every celebrity she can, and develop friendships with them if possible. Her biggest prey is Matthew; in her quest to become his wife, she will gain Celebrity Points every time she gains a level of friendship with him. Golda will get additional Celebrity Points every time she:
- Meets a new celebrity.
- Improves her friendship with any celebrity by one level.
- Whoo Hoos with Matthew (or another celebrity, as the case may be.)
- Gets photographed by the ubiquitous paparazzi
- Takes on an assignment from her agent. Her agent may ask her to buy a drink at a particular lounge, to work out for a certain amount of time, or eat at a certain restaurant.
Golda will work her way up the ranks of notoriety with these kinds of actions. Note that she does not actually have to accomplish anything, although some Sims do gain celebrity by excelling at their professions. Certain professions, including Film, are good for promising celebrities because they can make friends with their co-workers, who are also likely to be celebrities.
The ultimate Sim - goal... to become a five star Celebrity!