Amanda has been a Simmer (fan of "The Sims" games) since childhood. To this day she still discovers new ways to play.
How Do You WooHoo in The Sims 3?
As with The Sims 2, the two WooHooing Sims (yes, it's limited to two Sims per WooHoo) must have a good relationship. However, unlike The Sims 2, love is not required. Want a casual fling? No commitment? Have at it! NOTE: This does not mean, however, that jealousy won't be a factor in the future.
So start those romantic interactions! First, flirt a little. Maybe offer a massage. Then move onto a kiss or a cuddle if you're already in bed. A more heated kiss is a helpful followup. Track what the non-active Sim thinks of your Sim's attempts by looking to the upper left-hand corner of the screen. You may see that she (or he) thinks your Sim is being flirty, alluring, or even irresistible. You'll also be able to tell if the fire isn't hot enough yet. Keep in mind that repeating the same action over and over will result in a loss of relationship points or at least in the other Sim finding your Sim boring!
When you think it's time, click on the location in which you want your Sims to WooHoo and go for it!
Where Can You WooHoo in The Sims 3?
Your Sim can WooHoo in the military base, the movie theater, the science lab, City Hall, the film studio, and the Vault of Antiquity. First, your Sim must tour the location with his or her date, however; then while they are both inside the selected building, you can click on it for the option to WooHoo if the relationship is high enough.
The option to WooHoo in a tent (or have a tent at all!) comes with The Sims 3: World Adventures.
The classic. Any adult (from young to elder) Sim can WooHoo in this most traditional (some might save vanilla) of locations, the bed. It has its benefits, of course, such as the after-nap! For some variety, try a Hover Bed (Lifetime Reward introduced with The Sims 3: Generations) or a Murphy Bed (University).
Another World Adventures addition is WooHoo in a sarcophagus, for the more morbidly inclined Sims and players.
The Sims time machine came with the Ambitions expansion pack and offers up the ability for your Sims to "get it on" in this object of their own invention. "Try for Baby" for, ah, interesting results.
Another classic! We've seen hot tub WooHoo before, back in The Sims 2. This time hot tubs come with the Late Night expansion pack.
Also from Late Night, Sims can WooHoo with their lover in any elevator whether public or private.
Unlock an actor trailer in The Sims 3: Late Night by reaching level 10 of the acting branch of the Film career.
Read More From Levelskip
While showers have been around since the original Sims game, The Sims 3 is our Sims' first chance to WooHoo in one. Any shower or shower/tub combination will do. Only an option with Generations installed.
Keep in mind it has to specifically be a "haystack" and not just a little barrel of hay. Any adult Sim, except one who Hates the Outdoors, can WooHoo here. Hay comes into The Sims via Pets.
Get the photo booth with The Sims 3: Showtime. Don't worry, it won't take any naughty photos.
Box of Mystery
Also from Showtime is the Box of Mystery, which can only be accessed by having a Magician Sim on the house lot as this is a career object.
Get Sim treehouses by adding either Generations or Town Life Stuff to your game.
Introduced with The Sims 3: Supernatural.
Get your fortune told or don't wait around for the future, have fun now and WooHoo in this "rabbit hole" location of The Sims 3: Supernatural.
The Steam-It-Up Sauna can be purchased from the Sims 3 online store and will add the new WooHoo option.
When the snow falls deep enough (Seasons) you'll gain the ability to have your Sims make igloos. They can then sleep, relax, and WooHoo with a romantic partner inside, just like a bed!
Similar to how the haystack worked, the leaf pile (created by your Sim raking enough leaves in The Sims 3 Seasons) must be tall enough for the WooHoo option to pop up.
For fairies only! After all, who else could fit inside? Obviously, this WooHoo location is from Supernatural.
Hot Air Balloon
Buy the Hot Air Balloon from the Sims 3 store or as part of Aurora Skies for a new way to WooHoo.
This new, convenient bathroom comes with Island Paradise and functions just like a shower for your Sims' WooHoo needs.
Located at the bottom of the ocean in The Sims 3: Island Paradise.
An Island Paradise addition. For Sims visiting the resort.
The jetpack isn't a place to WooHoo so much as a way to WooHoo in The Sims 3: Into the Future! Your Sims will zoom up into the air, out of sight, while hearts float down to the ground.
Use the Bot Workshop from Into the Future to increase Bot Building skills or just for a good old WooHooing time!
Similar to subways, but you can WooHoo in this method of transportation. Into the Future only.
Note, I was unable to find this option in-game or in-store. However, it is listed in multiple official resources as being an option to WooHoo in The Sims 3. Please feel free to comment with any further information!
Moodlets are how we see our Sims' moods and emotions in The Sims 3. They are results of little and big life experiences, from brushing your teeth to having a baby. Moodlets can be positive, negative, or neutral. They can be indefinite or timed. But that's a hub for another day!
Let's take a look at some of the special WooHoo moodlets in The Sims 3.
- Stride of Pride: From public WooHoo or any WooHoo not on the home lot (such as staying over at a lover's home). Lasts for two hours and gives your Sim a +60 mood effect. Your Sim will actually do a little 'stride of pride' aka a slow strut as they naturally walk around afterward.
- Walk of Shame: From being rejected for public WooHoo. Lasts two hours. Gives your Sim a -25 mood effect. There may be a drag in your Sim's walk after this embarrassing rejection.
- Public WooHoo: From WooHooing on a community lot. Lasts eight hours and gives a +20 effect.
- Mile Low Club: From doing WooHoo in the Underwater Cave. Lasts 24 hours and gives a +15 mood effect on your Sim.
- Meter-High Club: From WooHoo in a Hover Bed. Lasts two hours, plus a +15 mood effect.
- Basket Club: WooHoo in a Hot Air Balloon to get this moodlet which will last twelve hours and give you a huge mood effect of +50.
- Fifth Gear: From WooHoo in a restorable car. Lasts three hours, gives +20.
- Splinter!: You can randomly get this moodlet from WooHooing a treehouse in The Sims 3. It will last one hour and give a -5 mood effect. Unlucky and Clumsy Sims have a higher chance of this moodlet.
- Rolled in the Hay: From WooHooing in the haystack. It will last two hours and give +15.
- Clothes Encounter: From WooHoo in a wardrobe. Lasts two hours, gives +40.
- Incredible Time!: From WooHooing with a Sim who has the reputation of Casanova, Maneater, Don Juan, or Natasha.
- Publicly Disgraced: Possibility of appearing after WooHoo in public or with a member of the Occult when your Sim is a celebrity. Lasts three days with a -20 effect.
- Embarrassed: For the Sim who isn't WooHooing, but happens to walk in on the fun. Lasts for three hours and gives your Sim a -20 mood effect.
Other Effects of WooHoo in The Sims 3
Here I'll list some random occurrences not covered by the above information and which may happen when your Sims WooHoo.
- If your Sim is caught in public WooHoo in one of the "rabbit hole" locations aka the places in which your Sim goes but you can't follow, there is a chance they will be caught and thrown out—naked!
- WooHoo in the Actor Trailer comes with a risk of being caught be paparazzi.
- Try for Baby in a treehouse in The Sims 3 may result in one predetermined trait that is based on the style of treehouse in which your Sims WooHooed.
- If your Sims WooHoo in the wardrobe, don't be surprised if they come out in a new outfit!
Did I Miss Anything?
Due to the complicated, involved nature of The Sims, I'm sure I have missed an effect or more. Please feel free to comment with any fun WooHoo trivia you're aware of!