"The Sims 4" Children and Teens Guide
In The Sims 4: Parenthood gamepack we're given the Parenting Skill and Character Value System. We've discussed this in my Babies and Toddlers Guide however these life stages, Children and Teens, is when it becomes easiest to manipulate it. Let's hop into these life stages!
Now that your Sim has become a Child, they will be able to select a Childhood Aspiration and a Trait. There are four Aspirations to choose from that will reward a trait on completion.
- Artistic Prodigy: Awards Creatively Gifted Trait, which increases the Cooking, Writing, Painting, Guitar, Piano, and Violin skills gains.
- Whiz Kid: Sim will receive the Mentally Gifted Trait for completing, improving the Logic, Fishing, Video Gaming, Rocket Science, and Programming Skills progress.
- Rambunctious Scamp: Earns the Sim the Physically Gifted Trait, which will increase their Fitness skill gains.
- Social Butterfly: Socially Gifted Trait will be earned. Makes it easier to raise the Mischief, Comedy, and Charisma skill.
Sims in the Child life stage can learn four different skills. Maximizing one to level ten will give them a head start to their relating adult skills
- Social: Gives a boost to Mischief, Charisma, and Comedy.
- Mental: Increases Logic and Rocket Science skills.
- Motor: Doesn't effect adult skills.
- Creativity: Effects skills such as Piano, Painting, Writing, Guitar, and Violin.
Sim children will go to school week days from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Just like adult Sims at work, they have different options for what they can do while they're there. Default option is Normal, other options are Slack Off, Work Hard, Make Friends, or Leave Early.
Your Sim has the option to Skip School, but their grade will drop dramatically. Making friends will add other children to your Sims relationship list so they can invite them over to hang out and build friendships with them.This will also help out with their social needs.
Sometimes your Sim will bring home school projects, they are not required to do but will give them Extra Credit and boost their school performance enormously! Students will be given Homework each night, this is basically the same function as a daily task for careers.
To earn an A, your Sim will need 4 skill points in at least one skill. Earning 10 skill points in a skill also makes your Sim complete their homework 70% faster, which stacks with each different skill! Students who have earned at least a B earn the interaction to Do Extra Credit Work.
Scouting And Drama Club
The Sims 4: Seasons added the Scouting career, and The Sims 4: Get Famous added Drama Club! For Children and Teens only, your Sim can earn badges and ranks to gain an extremely useful trait, Scouting Aptitude. Among other rewards, this trait gives a 25% bonus to all skill gains to your Sim. For Drama Club, your Sim will earn fame as a reward for participating.
Scouting Meetings will be held on the weekends, and the daily task is more like a weekly task of checking the scouting board.
- Rank 1 "Llama Scout": Unlocks the Scouting Uniform, and awards the Scouting Board object. Also unlocks a secret handshake interaction.
- Rank 2 "Griffon Scout": Gained by accomplishing 1 Scouting Badges.Provides you with a Scouting Manual.
- Rank 3 "Unicorn Scout": Earned by obtaining 3 total Scouting Badges. Sim obtains a Bronze Scouting Trophy.
- Rank 4 "Pegasus Scout": Achieved by earning 6 total Scouting Badges, awards a Silver Scouting Trophy.
- Rank 5 "Llamacorn Scout": When you've finally earned 9 Scouting badges, you'll unlock the Expert Scouting Outfit, obtain a Gold Scouting Trophy, and also the Scouting Aptitude Trait!
When aging up to a Teen, you'll finally be able to pick your Sims first Life Aspiration and another personality Trait. There's a lot, so we'll save that for it's own guide. Their Skills will be the same as a regular Adult Sim, however they'll still be expected to go to school.
Sim teens can become couples, and go as far as messing around, or promising themselves to each other. Other than that there's several other unique interactions that only teens can use.
Sim Teens can earn money from skills like any other Sim, such as painting or programming. However they can also pick up a part-time job too. Keep in mind that Scouting counts as a part-time job so if you'd like to make actual money from it, you'll have to quit. I suggest doing so after earning Rank 5 and the Scouting Aptitude Trait, as it's no longer useful after that.
Babysitter: Playful Mood
Daycare Assistant §48/hour
Barista: Inspired Mood
Coffee-Stain Remover §13/hour
Bean Blender §16/hour
Latte Artiste §25/hour
Fast Food Employee: Inspired Mood
Table Cleaner §14/hour
Fry Cook §15/hour
Food Service Cashier §16/hour
Manual Laborer: Focused Mood
Lawn Mower §45/hour
Backhoe Operator §70/hour
Thank you for reading! Hopefully now you're well equipped to raise your Sims to adulthood with many added benefits!