"The Sims 4: Moschino Stuff" Pack Review
"The Sims 4: Moschino Stuff" Pack Review
"The Sims 4" Team Outdid Themselves
"The Sims 4: Moschino Stuff Pack" is beyond anything I expected or dared to hope for. The fans spoke, and the Sims creators listened.
Electronic Arts teamed up with the Italian brand to bring us some new stylish fashions and furnishings. If you like Moschino, you'll love bringing the aesthetic into your Sim's wardrobe or apartment.
For me, it's all about the photography skill. The game creators gave us a bunch of features that have been on my wishlist for photography in the game, and a whole lot more. I am beyond delighted with this purchase, and if you are a fan of taking photos, you will be, too.
For under 10 bucks, you can't go wrong with this pack. Beautiful new styles and exciting new build mode items make up just the tip of the iceberg here. The new photography skill lets you do things that you have probably wished you could do in the past, but couldn't. There is even a new freelance fashion photographer career, so your Sim can finally make a living off this art.
It is no surprise that the new fashions provided by Moschino are fantastic. The Italian designer provided your Sims with some very trendy, vibrant looks. Patters are intriguing and eye-catching, colors are bold and the mix-and-match possibilities will help you keep you Sim looking hot for all occasions.
I'm personally in love with the male and female motorcycle jackets-- the classic black leather "mc biker" jacket takes me back to my teen years in the '80s when the '50s were back in style. This time, though, at least no animals were harmed to allow you to make a fashion statement.
Some New Moschino Looks for Your Sims
Glamorize Your Space
Moschino has also given your Sims some exclusive furniture designs. Like the fashions, they provide the same striking patterns and stylish color options so you can really glam up your Sims' homes.
If you ever dreamed of your Sim owning a photography studio, you can cross that dream off your bucket list now. The build items that come with this pack will provide you with the makings of a state-of-the-art digital studio. Some of the objects are interactive, too, giving you many more new options in the photography skill.
Fashionable Furniture for Fashionable Sims
The New and Improved Photography Skill
New photography skills and interactive photography items offer so much. Here is just a taste of what you will get:
- a lot of new poses to choose from
- the option to alter a Sim's poses while taking photos (no more random posing, no more having to queue the action over and over to get different poses)
- a new tripod (used with any camera and photographers of any skill level) that eliminates poor shots, blurs, and gnome photobombs
- the ability to change the camera angle while taking photos (without having to restart the action and move your Sim)
- the ability to take group shots of up to three Sims
- the ability to take photos of adults with children
- the ability to take photos of your Sims holding their toddlers
- the ability to take photos of your Sims holding their pets
- the ability to take up to 10 photos without having to put the action in your queue again
- a mark that will keep your photo subjects in place while you photograph them
- new digital backgrounds
- new ways for your Sims to display photos in their homes
Sims Posing with Children, Toddlers and Pets!
See the Enhanced Photography Options in Action!
Freelance Fashion Photography Career
Finally, our Sims can work as photographers!
The freelancer career option is relatively new in "The Sims 4" but it originally only gave three options: digital artist, writer or programmer. Now, fashion photographer has been added to the list of choices.
Just like the other freelance careers, you can browse your agency for gigs to take. You follow the list of tasks given to complete the job by the deadline and you get paid. If you do well, you may get a bonus and a career boost that will enable you to get better, higher-paying gigs.
As a freelance photographer, your job might require you to:
- hire a model
- perfectly light a subject
- style your model with the right look
- go out on the street to photograph fashions worn by regular Sims
- work with a style influencer to capture fashions for next season's line
- photograph models for ad campaigns
- photograph models in specific types of attire or emoting certain moods
Since this is a freelance career, there technically are no promotions, but there are five levels of advancement that will give your Sim different perks. Perks include:
- higher-paying jobs and bonuses
- better equipment, including some locked items
- the ability to edit a photo's mood on the computer
Fashion photography pays pretty well. Small gigs pay as little as a couple of hundred simoleons, but bigger gigs pay as much as $6,000 to $8,000.
Photographers can take one job at a time. There is no penalty if they choose not to take any gigs for a while should your Sim decide to take a vacation or take time off for personal reasons. Sims are penalized, however, if they don't meet a deadline or if they cancel a gig.
Build Your Own Fashion Photography Studio
Two Thumbs Up
Not to be redundant, but this stuff pack gets a big two thumbs up from me. Between "The Sims 4: Moschino Stuff" pack and the upgrades to photo displays made in the August 2019 game patch, I'm in heaven.
If you love the idea of being a fashion photographer in "The Sims 4" or if you just love for your Sims to take and display lots of great photos, then you will not be disappointed with this pack either.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Kenzie Cartwright