Anurag loves playing video games. His guides and listicles revolve around popular iOS, Android, PC, and console games.
Top Eleven: Be a Football Manager offers the same level of excitement you have experienced in popular football manager simulation games. You can create your own club, design its emblem and jerseys, train your squad, manage your club's finances, find advertisers, upgrade your home turf, and buy and sell club stars. The best aspect of the game is the opportunity to play against your friends as well as other FB users. You can track live matches and take actions in real-time according to circumstances that unfold during the game.
If you’re a newbie, then you may like to check out some key Top Eleven tips and tricks before playing your first competition. Here are some basic hints that might help you become a pro football manager.
How to Play
Beginners should know that this is a football manager simulation game, not an online soccer game. The game simulates the hard work, struggles, victories, and defeats of a football manager—not a player. You will have to make sure you get the best players from the pool, train them, use the right formations, and earn money by selling tickets and attracting sponsors.
When you start the game, you will have the opportunity to design your club emblem and jersey, choose a name for your club, and choose a country and city.
Once you’ve created your club from scratch, you can start training your players. You can also keep track of your players' defending skills, attacking skills, morale, and other aspects that determine the fitness levels of the players.
Game Interface: Key Screens You Need to Know
In Top Eleven: Be a Football Manager, you will notice a small bar with different icons: News, Squad, Training, Fixtures, Competition, Transfers, Finances, Stadium, Club Information, and Trophy Room. Each icon serves a different purpose:
- News: Clicking on the News icon will display the latest news, including new sponsorships available, which players are available, and which footballers have retired at the season end.
- Squad: The Squad screen provides information on squad line-up as well as the available formations and tactics. You can check the defending and attacking skills line-up through the drop-down menu. You can also change the field tactics by clicking on the Formations tab and switch between pre-defined tactics and active tactics. The Squad tab also provides a “character map” of each player. Click on the player to get an in-depth analysis of his defense tactics, attack tactics, contract status, stats, and health. You can improve his skills and help him learn new roles.
- Training: The Training screen gives you an opportunity to train your players. You can assign personal trainers, give them a rigorous training and exercise session, and assign them a practice match. (More on Training in the Tips section of this article.)
- Fixtures: This screen allows you to see the time and date of the competition your club will play. You can also see your friend's Fixtures.
- Competitions: The Competitions screen will display team standings, matches, top scorers, rules, and other aspects that will help you to learn more about league matches. Make sure you read the rules.
- Transfers: The Transfers screen shows you the listed players, favorites, and received orders for the players you’ve sold.
- Finances: The Finances screen gives you the opportunity to manage your finances. In this screen, you can sign up for sponsorships (click the Sponsors section to sign up), set ticket prices and bonus, and get help from your bank.
- Stadium: The Stadium screen allows players to upgrade their stadiums. You can upgrade your stadium by increasing the spectator capacity; adding more facilities like snack bars, portable toilets, cafés, and restaurants; and providing emergency medical vans and first aids.
These key screens might help you get more out of the Top Eleven: Be a Football Manager Facebook game. Now let’s check out some tips.
Tips and Hints
1. Always remember that recruiting young players will give you an edge over your opponents. Click the Squad section and check whether your current players are on the brink of retirement, or low in skills or health. You can sack or sell your old, low-performing players. In the initial levels, you will have to sell your players in order to empty the space for new players.
2. Make sure you’ve got the right formations. They are crucial to your victory. In the Squad screen, select the Formations tab and select one active or pre-defined formation from top choices. Predefined Tactics give you more options to have a perfect formation for your squad.
3. Always train your players whenever you get an opportunity. To train them, navigate to the Training Screen and choose the training type. You’ll have four training exercises to choose: Match Practice, Cardio, and Stretching. Some tips:
- Training your players in all three types. This will help you immensely in generating skill points.
- Each training session lasts 30-60 minutes. Clicking on these training modules will gain a certain percentage of skills but will also reduce the Health condition. For example, the Stretching exercise will help each player gain on the average 10% of a skill point, but will reduce the Health condition by 3%.
- Training helps improve your player skills, but make sure you don’t overdo this process else there might be chances of an injury. Check the intensity, and make sure that the training level is “Normal” and not “Hard” to avoid injuries.
4. You can earn tokens and cash by dealing with sponsors, increasing your ticket sales, or getting money from the bank. Here are some key tips regarding earning money and tokens in Top Eleven: Be a Football Manager:
Read More From Levelskip
- Sponsorship deals are a sure-shot way to earn cash. To sign up for a deal, go to the Finances screen and click on the Sponsorship tab. Click on the available sponsor to find out how much cash you can earn for one season.
- To earn tokens, you can sign up for television rights. To sign a deal, click on the TV Rights tab at the top and click on the open deals. You will get up to 30 tokens for a period of 10 days. Make sure you come back often (i.e. sign in to Facebook and play the game) to earn tokens. For every sign-in, you get one extra token.
- Another way to earn cash is to increase ticket sales. In the Finances screen, set the ticket price and winning bonus to encourage your club players for a win.
- To increase ticket sales, all you have to do is to select the Stadium and click on Upgrades button at the bottom right side of the screen. A separate window will open up giving you options to increase your seats, change the field type, and add more facilities. The bigger and better your stadium, the more spectators you are likely to attract.
- If none of these give you enough cash to meet your club’s needs, you can get financial aid from banks. In the Finances screen, click on the Help from Bank tab to get cash. But remember that you will have to spend some tokens to get the money from a bank.
5. Avoid cheats and hacks. You might try trainers, but personally I am against using any shortcut to success. It kills the spirit of the game and there’s no fun in cheating at all.
Do You Have Any Suggestions or Questions?
I hope these Top Eleven: Be a Football Manager tips will help you get tokens, train your players, and set the right formations. Share your own tips and hints with me and my readers, and I am sure they will benefit from your advice. You can also ask for tips and we will try our best to help you out.
saurab on May 20, 2015:
since last few week i am in lvl 1 i dint c any progess in my xp lvl what should i do to increase mya level
addu on December 22, 2014:
its real sad to see.people hacking dis game
Vanjul Motwani on June 15, 2014:
Why does possession get less if I buy a center midfielder?
Mahbub Alam on January 22, 2014:
How will I realize that a player will retire at the next season or not???
lesliegarland on December 09, 2013:
latest time you can pick your before kick off
skydevils on November 14, 2013:
what happen if i have 8 player injured?will i disqualify to play the next match?
Jon m on March 03, 2013:
for some reason my players never sell? Any ideas on why not? I can't even see a place where they are on auction, is there a selling section of the transfers tab that I just can't find?
Al on February 23, 2013:
What about recruiting players who turn up to be reserves? They can't play in any competitive game.
Marius93 on January 07, 2013:
Gerardo on January 04, 2013:
Thanx for the tips And keep it up
Igor on January 03, 2013:
Please tell me do i get from the stable income for the tv rights 28 tokens after the 10 days duration?
Henry on January 03, 2013:
I never lost à game it is not Fun
Anders on December 28, 2012:
The game is a joke. The only purpose is to get your money, when you can't wait anymore and have to buy tokens... Buy yourself football manager 2013 or another manager game. It is way better and you actually get the feeling of managing a team..
Miska(Star1 FC) on December 26, 2012:
4-3-1-2 Intresting Formation
miri on December 23, 2012:
Bryan on December 18, 2012:
Your players loose a star because you have moved up a league. The players skill level stays the same but they are now playing in a higher league so they aren't as good in this new league.
Jase on December 11, 2012:
The advantage of building junior pitch is to new young players added to squad per season. Does anyone know how to make investments?
nathan on November 20, 2012:
how comes wen u win a league all your playes stars go down by 1 and the quality stays the same all tht hard work of buying good players with high stars to lose them the next season bit of a jke really. and how u get 50 tokens to by scouted playerrs with 8 stars and 4 red theses players are inmense
Kedz_Keda on November 02, 2012:
I s there any restriction to the amount that can be set as tckt fee?
Steven iNet7 on October 16, 2012:
how to change league because my league play so midnight
ketan on October 06, 2012:
there r only 3 types of tournaments, league,champions league,nd cup...wen will world cup nd other tounaments will be held...need some additions in the game...
ketan on October 06, 2012:
what is the advantage of building a junior pitch?
Fred on September 26, 2012:
It's good that you took the time to post this, but these are not tips, it's simply pointing out the features of the game.
cr on September 13, 2012:
You can upgrade your stadium facilities by phone by logging on to facebook fullsite login and using the link to desk top site! It takes a few minutes to load up so be patient
barak on August 24, 2012:
does anyone have a suggestion about how much should be the fee of a game? and also if i should give my fans money when i win?
Jim on August 08, 2012:
I need too upgrade stadium can anyone help p.s I only play game on iPhone app !!
Hollypop on August 08, 2012:
Can you not create more seats on iPhone app as I only play on my phone
Salim on August 05, 2012:
Is there any way you can buy a player from someone without the player being in the transfer market?
If htere is please tell me how?
Vasi on August 03, 2012:
So far good game , but the way you control the game sucks and cup sucks they make u play a team with all players 44 and your just a new ie with 13 skill players wtf ... That's not fair .
Siva.N on July 23, 2012:
when my sponsors will be unlocked? (level need to unlock next sponsor contract)
Marko on July 11, 2012:
How to increase wage to my players ?
Flash on July 11, 2012:
Kako da povecam platu svojim igracima ?
mark on July 08, 2012:
my formation is 2-3-2-3 with 2 centre backs 2 wing backs 1 defensive mid 2 winger 3 forwards
Kevin on June 19, 2012:
I can't find the icon for stadium. I want to make my stadium bigger and begin construction. Can somebody please direct me to the icon. Thanks
sean on June 01, 2012:
best formation i have used is 4-4-2 with the two wide players having the little arrows pointing towards the strikers and on the settings have ur play going down the flanks superb
roronoa7 on May 25, 2012:
the best formation for me is 4-2-3-1 with attacking team mentality, through the middle focus passing and whole pitch pressing style. It gives me wins with much better teams and 2 champions leagues with easy wins in finals . But you need an exellent AMC player and very good AML and AMR.
sake on May 11, 2012:
i would recommend for get good team...
you can try this formation
but you must get excellent or very good player on MC n MR,ML
get tall defender to protect from header...ok...
alan on April 22, 2012:
got me hooked to the point i set my day/night around my games!
sadip on April 20, 2012:
thanks bro for nice tips
Wayne Aylmer on April 18, 2012:
brilliant game, I just need to get it on a pc cos my stadium is only 200 seats lol...top game tho!!!!
Ravi Poon on April 10, 2012:
Is there some way to get free tokens in our region (Nepal) asia.
There are no offers , so i would appreciate if you can give me some link or something like that to get tokens for free.
Kenrick on April 10, 2012:
whats the deal for TV right in level 4 ?
george on April 10, 2012:
can you have two accounts at the same time?
creamanal on April 09, 2012:
Ben on April 07, 2012:
How long is it between seasons??
stelios on April 07, 2012:
this games is terrible!!!!
Thomas on April 05, 2012:
Guys the most annoying tactic I recently encountered is just a good defense with a decent midfield. No matter how well your strikers are they stand no chance against the opposing defenders. Sometimes they will get the chance to test your goalkeeper like in corner and free kicks then thats when you know you lost the game despite encouraging your players with a crap ton of money for reward.
bvb on April 02, 2012:
there is no absolute formation for every team..
it depends on rolls of players you have.
ok now if you aren't opening for 2wks,
just try to make a formation which fits the rolls of your players..and if u need, try to buy new players too..
also make ur fomation logical..
like example, even if you make players fits in their rolls, if there aren't enough DF, it is not a good formation..
also the substitutions are important but auto subs is unlikely to happen tho..
then try also to raise your win bonus..
anyway if you aren't opening for 2weeks, it means players will not train. so they will have enough time to rest i guess..
only problems are injuries and cards..
and try to upgrade stadium (which takes 16 days)while you are out 2weeks so you wont waste your time.
maybe you should try to post here what rolls of your players are..
then maybe i can help you out a bit.
Adam on April 02, 2012:
you level up every season
DotA on March 28, 2012:
how to win if enemy using formation 4-1-2-1-2. one more thing, what formation can always win or draw not lose because i cannot open 2 weeks. help me plz
Wade on March 26, 2012:
You cannot upgrade your stadium on the iPhone. You can only upgrade it on a computer or laptop. My question is. How do I level up? I'm into Semis on my Cup and have only lost 1 game of 14 in League. I don't get how I can't be higher then Lv.1 yet?
Danny on March 10, 2012:
Y can't I increase my stadium capacity on my phone I haven't got a stadium icon on my home page
Kurosava on March 07, 2012:
Game is trash.
Matt on February 20, 2012:
How do the numbered formations work?
Anurag Ghosh (author) on January 26, 2012:
Yes, there's a free Top Eleven app for Android device users. Here's the link: https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.nordeus.t...
brianoconnor on January 24, 2012:
whill this game be relased on android softvares
Ραφαήλ Τριανταφυλλιδης on January 06, 2012:
how i can lvl up?
kieran on January 03, 2012:
how do i start again
keith pritchard on December 16, 2011:
be good idea if possible to show pictures of the players. give them more a personal effect to us it would. also award tokens for winning the league and cups as well as the cash you give out now. could be somrthing like this ... 1st place 100 tokens 2nd 50 and 3rd 25 tokens for both league and cup. obviously in the cup you award 25 tokens for reaching the semi final or have a 3rd place playoff? and team that lose the 3rd place playoff maybe award them with 10 tokens?
Anurag Ghosh (author) on December 15, 2011:
Thanks so much, Donna!
Donna Cosmato from USA on December 15, 2011:
Voted up...I know your advice is sound and valuable:)