10 Ways to Die in the “Sims” Games
The original Sims game was first released in 2000 and had sold over two million copies by 2002. Sims games are now available in all sorts of types on different consoles, such as the PC, Nintendo Wii, and PlayStation. Due to its popularity and growth, many new expansion packs and downloadable extras are introduced constantly. Sims 4 was released in 2014.
The point of Sims is to design your character's looks and personality, satisfy their needs, meet their desires and goals, and start a family. You can also make your own stories, make multiple families and generations, or make things go not so well for your chosen Sim characters. For every Sims player, at some point or another, there comes the uncontrollable urge to end a Sim's life - either they're an annoying character, an inconvenience, or you're simply sick of them being around.
Here are ten ways to kill off your Sims characters, neighbors, or visitors. Go on, let out your inner meanie!
What Do You Like to Do in the Sims?
1. Kitchen Fire
A well-known way to die on the Sims games is by starting a fire in your kitchen. The Sim will burn to death, the Grim Reaper will arrive, and a gravestone will appear in your household in your unlucky Sim's memory. Here's how to kill your Sim with a kitchen fire.
- Remove any fire alarms in the house.
- Get a Sim with low cooking skills (preferably 0) to cook a meal in the oven or on the stove top.
- If you've made a meal in the oven, for example, waffles, a fire will start if you simply walk away without taking the food out (by giving your Sim a meaningless task whilst the food is in the oven).
- Don't let the Sim leave the kitchen while the fire is crackling; the Sim will usually panic and watch the fire.
- Without an alarm, a firefighter won't show up, and your Sim will eventually be engulfed in the flames.
2. Drown in the Pool
A faster way to get rid of Sims (visitors and neighbors included) is by getting them to drown in the pool. Here's how to do this.
- Build a fairly large pool in the garden outside your home using Build Mode.
- Build a wall around the pool, and make sure there is no ground for your Sim to climb on to (in the older games, you used to have to just remove the pool ladder, but now you need to build a wall).
- Play the waiting game. Your Sim will swim, and swim, and swim some more. You'll be able to see their motives slowly going down. When Hunger, Energy and Bathroom are low enough, the Sim will eventually drown. Do it with four or five Sims in the same pool for extra hilarity.
A simpler yet slower way to make your Sims kick the bucket is by cutting off their access to things like a toilet, bed, and fridge.
- Move your Sim outside and out of the way of other Sims.
- Build a wall around them, using as few squares as possible.
- Just leave them there. They'll cry, they'll stomp, they'll yell, they'll wet themselves... and eventually, die.
4. Old Age
Sims 3 offers a "no aging'" option where your Sims stay young and beautiful forever. However, another way for Sims to die is... well, from old age.
- Give them a long and happy life (or unhappy, it depends on how you play).
- Your Sim will become a senior citizen.
- Wait for the bar to eventually reach the top. Your Sim will croak.
- Tip: to speed up this process, use the options to change the age bar to fewer days (for example, making them a senior for 1 day before they die).
If you have the Ambitions expansion pack for Sims 3, there's a random event that can instantly kill your Sim. This may happen when you least expect it.
- Move your Sim to an open area, such as the garden.
- It's rare, but it happens; a meteorite will fall from the sky and crush your Sim.
6. Fireplace and Rug Fire
Another fire death, this time by manipulating the rooms and trapping your Sims in an inescapable room of smoke and doom.
- Build a room or use an existing one, put your Sim inside and remove all of the doors and windows.
- Put down rugs all over the floor, overlapping them where possible.
- Build as many fireplaces as you can that your Sim can access.
- Put plants on either side of the fires.
- Command your Sim to light and poke all of the fires.
- Your rugs and plants will soon catch fire. This is arguably a more effective death than the Kitchen Fire method, as in this case your Sim can't escape. There is a chance that a Kitchen Fire will burn out before it reaches the Sim.
7. Brute Force Trauma
If you have the University Life expansion pack for Sims 3, there are two new ways to die for your Sims. One is being crushed with a vending machine.
- Get your Sim to use a vending machine. Sometimes, it won't work properly, and your Sim will get mad and push it.
- The vending machine will fall on top of your Sim and kill him/her.
8. Murphy Bed
The other new way to die in University Life is by being trapped in the new item, the Murphy Bed.
- Get your Sim into a bad mood (don't bathe, don't eat, etc for a while).
- Get them to pull down the Murphy bed.
- Sometimes the bed will crush them, killing them instantly.
9. Mummy's Curse
If you have the World Adventure expansion pack for Sims 3, you can kill your Sim with the Mummy's Curse.
- Fight a Mummy and lose.
- You Sim will be infected with the Mummy's Curse, and have a black aura around them. They will have 14 days to find a cure.
- Do nothing in these 14 days. Nearer the time of death, your screen will be met with a moving dark ring around the edges, and sometimes creepy music will play. Leave your Sim to suffer, and after a fortnight they'll die of the Curse.
This is a method of killing Sims that's been around since the original version on PlayStation 2.
- Break an electrical object in the household, such as a coffee maker, stove, dishwasher or TV (just use it enough times and it will automatically break).
- Tip: throw a party and eventually all of the guests will use the coffee machine. It's more likely to break when lots of Sims use it in a short space of time.
- Get a Sim with low or nonexistent mechanical skills (again, 0 is best for this) to attempt to fix it.
- The Sim will sometimes be electrocuted and die whilst trying to fix the object.
- Save your game before you kill anyone off. You might want your Sims back!
- Create entirely separate files for your "serious" game and your "killing spree" game.
- Check that you aren't killing any important people. Custom-made Sims are fine, but make sure you don't accidentally drown your Sim's boss, for example.
It's oddly satisfying and hilarious to watch your poor Sims get burned, crushed, or electrocuted to death! These ten ways to die aren't the only methods of ending your Sims' lives, but they're the funniest. Have fun!
Questions & Answers
© 2014 Poppy