"Fishing Clash:" All About Lure Packs
What's in a Lure Pack?
Lure packs are the most frequently promoted aspect of Fishing Clash. If you're low on coins or pearls, you probably often find yourself trying to calculate how many coins you will get from each lure pack.
While there is no exact set amount for every type of lure pack, I have developed approximate estimates with example pictures of each type of lure pack available in Fishing Clash. Wonder no more. The answers are below.
1. Blue Packs
The lowest level and most commonly opened lure pack is the, all too familiar, blue pack. This pack can only be acquired by winning duels. It is one of the only two lure packs that are affected by your trophy level.
While a player with only 1,000 trophies will only get four lures and less than 150 coins, players with 2,500 trophies or more will get 12 lures and about 300 coins. If you have 3,000 trophies or more, you can expect to get 13 lures and about 350 coins from the blue pack.
This type of pack takes only three hours to open and can include any level of lure from common to mythical. Usually, you will receive only one epic or mythical lure if either is included. At least half of the lures in this pack will be common. The sample picture above is based on a 2,500–2,999 trophy level blue pack.
Number of Trophies
2. Orange Packs
Orange packs are the other pack type that can only be won in duels. Like the blue pack, the lures and coin amount in this pack are based on your trophy level. You'll receive one of these packs for every 10 duels you win.
While players with only 1,000 trophies will get 18 lures and about 1,000 coins from this pack, players with 2,500 trophies can expect to get 34 lures and about 1,500 coins.
This pack type takes eight hours to open and can contain common to mythical level lure types. While you'll likely still receive common lures more than half the time, you are more likely to get a higher number of rare and epic lures in this pack type. The image above is based on a 2,500–2,999 trophy level.
Number of Trophies
3. Bronze Packs
Bronze packs contain 68 lures and approximately 1,800 coins. You can acquire this pack five different ways:
- Duels: Bronze packs are awarded after winning 25 duels. If obtained by winning a duel, these packs take 12 hours to open.
- In-store purchase: You can purchase this pack for 60 pearls.
- Daily challenges: Usually, you can earn a bronze pack at least once a week by completing a daily challenge requirement.
- Events: Reaching certain tier levels in events will often award you a bronze pack.
- Daily championships: Placing 6th or 7th in your daily championship earns you two bronze packs. Placing 8th–20th in your daily championship will earn you one bronze pack.
4. Silver Packs
Silver packs contain 88 lures and approximately 2,200 coins. Like the bronze pack, this pack type can be acquired five different ways:
- Duels: Silver packs are awarded after winning 50 duels. If obtained by winning a duel, these packs take 18 hours to open.
- In-store purchase: You can purchase this pack for 100 pearls.
- Daily challenges: While it is rare, you can obtain a silver pack every once in a while through a daily challenge event.
- Events: Like bronze packs, reaching certain tier levels in events will often award you a silver pack.
- Daily championships: Placing 3rd in your daily championship earns you two silver packs. Placing 4th–5th in your daily championship will earn you one silver pack.
5. Gold Packs
Gold packs contain 245 lures and approximately 8,800 coins. Like the bronze and silver packs, this pack type can be acquired five different ways:
- Duels: Gold packs are awarded after winning 100 duels. If obtained by winning a duel, these packs take 24 hours to open.
- In-store purchase: You can purchase this pack type for 300 pearls.
- Daily challenges: About once a month, you are able to obtain a gold pack by completing a daily challenge.
- Events: Like bronze and silver packs, reaching certain tier levels in events will often award you a gold pack.
- Daily championships: Placing 1st in your daily championship earns you two gold packs. Placing 2nd in your daily championship will earn you one gold pack.
6. Rare, Epic, and Mythical Lure Packs
Rare, epic, and mythical packs are usually only available in the store or during an event. If purchased in the store, on average, each of these packs cost $9.99 or 300–400 pearls. These are usually only available during events or for the particular fishery that your daily championship is based on.
Rare packs contain 200 rare only lures (4–5 different rare lures), epic packs contain 20 epic only lures (3–5 different epic lures), and mythical packs contain 10 mythical only lures (1–3 different mythical lures). However, none of these packs contain coins.
7. Fishery Packs
Fishery packs can rarely be obtained anywhere but in the game store. While certain events do offer them as a reward on occasion, they are not common. A particular fishery pack is almost equivalent to a gold pack, but it contains lures from only one particular fishery.
Usually, these packs will show up in the store to entice you to purchase them for the fishery where your daily championship is. Although they can sometimes be purchased with actual money, 400 pearls are usually required to purchase them. You can expect to get four mythical, eight epics, 20–30 rare, and about 150–170 common lures from one of these packs. Once again, don't expect to get any pearls or coins from this type of pack.
8. Free Packs
Fishing Clash offers each player a free lure pack every four hours. If you aren't able to log on every four hours to redeem a free pack, don't worry. After the first free pack is ready to unlock, the timer restarts for the next pack whether you open the first free pack or not. You can only have two unopened free packs at a time.
After the second pack timer has ended, another timer will not start until one of the two free packs is opened. In other words, you have an eight-hour window to log on and claim your free packs if you want to get all the packs you can in a day.
Similar to blue packs, free packs often contain about 300 coins and 10–12 lures, as well as a pearl.
9. Clan Packs
Clan packs are what everyone loves. Equivalent to a gold pack in every aspect except for coins, clan packs offer 245 lures and only 1,600–2,000 coins. This type of pack can only be acquired by being in a clan.
Clan members participate in duels for chances of winning hooks, which contribute to each tier of a clan pack. In total, there are ten tiers for each clan pack, except in recent cases when a legendary lure was up for grabs. Clan packs can contain any type of lure; from common to legendary. Clan packs begin every Monday.
10. Daily Hook Packs
Daily hook packs are another free pack that Fishing Clash provides on a daily basis. These packs can be unlocked by winning duels to obtain hooks. Winning a duel with a two fish advantage will get you three hooks while winning a duel with only one fish advantage will only get you two hooks. You can also get a hook by having the advantage in one fish even if you lose a duel.
Ten hooks are required to open this free daily hook pack. Daily hook packs contain, on average, 2,000 coins, 44 lures, and one to two pearls. Any type of lure can be obtained in one of these packs.
11. Giant Packs
Last but not least is the coveted giant pack. This type of pack offers a whopping total of 1,000 lures. Don't get too excited though. In most cases, over 700 of the lures included in this pack type will be for one specific common lure. You do still get 30 mythical, 100 epic, and 200 rare lures in most instances, but no coins or pearls.
These packs are usually only available in quests for events and in the store during events. Expect to spend $19.99 if you are interested in purchasing one of these packs from the store.
© 2018 Jesse James