Mobile GamesAction-Adventure GamesSimulation GamesRPGsFirst Person ShootersMMORPGsSports GamesFighting GamesStrategy GamesClassic GamesHorror GamesPuzzle GameseSportsConsoles

How Do People Cheat on WGT?

Updated on April 13, 2016

Here we are going to look at ways of cheating on WGT. This article is not intended to encourage people to find cheats for World Golf Tour or cheat in any way. It’s just a look at some of the methods people use to cheat.

WGT markets itself as the most realistic online golf game and it surely is. But over the years, there have been various forms of cheating allegations made that range from basic sandbagging to people using specially-designed software.

WGT uses state-of-the-art technology to give people a realistic golfing experience. However, as with most online games there are always people trying to find a way to beat the system.

You can win some excellent prizes on World Golf Tour so people are sometimes looking for that little bit of help or how to get free credits. So how exactly do people cheat on WGT? Well, let’s have a look at some of the most common ways.

A Realisitc Game

WGT Sandbagging

This is one of the biggest problems that World Golf Tour has faced over the years. When you play WGT, you’re assigned a tier based on your skill level. So a beginner starts at Hack level. Then you progress on to Amateur, then Pro, then after a few more tiers you finally reach Legend status.

There are certain tournaments that you can enter based on your tier, which means that you play people of a similar skill level. This helps to level the playing field a bit. Another issue with the tiers is that the better your tier, the harder the game. Legend players have to play from the very back tees, and often find the hole around is around 100 yds longer than if they were playing at the Hack level. To counter this, some people employ sandbagging.

Sandbagging on WGT is basically manipulating your average score to prevent you from moving up a tier. So you might hit 5 rounds with a score of 70, then you throw in a round of 100 to mess up your average.

This will keep you playing at a lower tier and give you a better chance of winning tournaments. So what has WGT done to counter sandbagging? Well, there are various measures put in place to prevent sandbagging. Instead of counting every score towards your average, World Golf Tour only counts the 10 best scores of your previous 15 rounds. If you are shooting scores that are too good for your tier, someone will notice and get in contact with you. They also closely examine your score history.

Another way that WGT prevents sandbagging is by making everyone's round scores public so anyone can check anyone else’s scores. If a Hack is playing some amazing rounds, people can easily check up on their score history and find out if cheating is involved.

Although WGT has put measures in place to prevent sandbagging, it still goes on to some extent. The fact is, though, that sooner or later all sandbaggers get found out, and their cheating is short-lived.

WGT Cheats

Do You Think WGT Suffers From Cheats?

See results

WGT Multiple Accounts

This is another major problem facing the World Golf Tour community. The rules state that you are allowed one account per person. This is pretty simple. However, people often break this rule to their own advantage. If you have been playing for a while and have advanced through the tiers to Legend status, you are no doubt a very good player.

So what some people do is then create another account. Now they start out again at Hack level but already have the ability to shoot some low scores and thus win competitions they should not be entering in the first place.

If there is any suspicious activity in this regard, WGT is often very quick to act. If someone spots what they think is a multi-account user, they often bring it to the attention of a WGT member of staff.

Game administrators can then check things like IP address to see if there are any discrepancies. If a user uses a different computer for each account, then there is no way of knowing if they're cheating. However, WGT is a very hard game to learn. No one can just join up and then shoot sub-par rounds straight away. So if a Hack is shooting very low scores, chances are their account will soon be shut down. This is just another form of cheating that WGT will not tolerate.

Cheating Software

Over the years, there have been claims that people have been using software to cheat on WGT. However the fact is that even if you do have some kind of software, it is impossible to cheat properly. There are too many variables involved in the game to come up with a way of beating the system.

Some people claim to have used a programme that slows the meter right down. Even if this was the case, hitting the ‘ding’ on every shot would not guarantee a good score. Other software can select the correct club and work out the distances for you, but again you need some skill and ability to know where to aim your shot.

Chances are some people have come up with cheats for WGT. There are even things online that say you can download certain tools to help you cheat. But realistically the only way you are going to score well on World Golf Tour is if you practice.

When you see the scores some players hit, you assume they must be cheating. However, when you play for long enough you realise that shooting such low scores is very possible. Although cheating does sometimes happen on World Golf Tour, it does not affect the game in a big way. WGT are always working to eliminate cheaters and they work very hard to make sure the game is fair and just.

There are actually a few new tools on the game itself that can help improve your scores. There is a putting meter you can purchase which helps you judge the length of your putts. Some of the balls you can buy actually slow down the meter and make it easier to hit the all-important ding.

With the recent introduction of different lies which affect where your ball goes, the game is getting much harger and so there's a chance that more and more people will be looking for ways to game the system and cheat.

If you have never played World Golf Tour then you really are missing out. It is such a realistic golf game and it’s free to play. So forget all this talk of how people cheat and just go and enjoy a round of WGT.

Comments

0 of 8192 characters used

Ciderboys 6 weeks ago

If a person has NOT played for 6 months why keep their account live? Delete all accounts where players have not played for say 6 months and free up data base- surely this will make the game more stable. No point in boasting WGT has how ever million users when I bet 2/3 are dormant accounts !

Ralph Ruebel 6 weeks ago

If you tie a game do you still loose your entry fee?

Robert McGechan 7 weeks ago

I believe the gimmes should only be allowed in practice rounds and that when you set up a game you should be able to chose whether gimmes are allowed!

I now rarely play with players under Pro! for this reason!

Monte 202 8 weeks ago

What ticks me off is one players will take a gimme when they're 4 or five yards out when you know damn full well they weren't going to make it when it took 5 or better hits to get on the green, believe I loose a lot and win a few the only time I'll take a gimme is if it'll damn near fall in or I'm so far behind that you would have to blind fold your self on the last hole if you where playing me. Let it be known that if any one playing takes a gimmewhen your 4+ yards out I'll play you to the second shot of the third hole,yes you'll get coins but you don't advance. Play the damn game right or block me when and if you see me. Enjoy........

sticky wicket 2 months ago

sticky4488

your spelling is a huge cheat man

fish57 2 months ago

if you cheat in this game.......you cheat out on the course!

Dzygit 2 months ago

People are shooting 52 being hacks on st. Andrews this month

Come on they have to be cheating

Arrel201` 3 months ago

I agree with sticky's comments. I have been playing six months couple times a day. I have reached level 82 tour pro and last week my consecutive days started over like I missed a day which I didn't.

My bitch is the cheating hacks! I have had it with Level 3 thru what ever with a bag full of great clubs shooting sub par. I challenge them and some respond with they just started but they are good at gaming BS. I play one or maybe two holes to find out if they are straight. If they are cheaters I let them know usually and end the game. I have had maybe 50 of them over my six months period. Yes they cheat by playing on the short tee's but what really gets be are those Nine Ft Gimmies!

ArclightNite 3 months ago

Can't take this too seriously..I'm new here but try to play often at a master level. I have been bested by Hack or Amateur ''labeled" players with starter sets playing lights out but it is what it is..don't know if it's them cheating or just a beginner player more adept at this game..I just try to enjoy the app for the interesting and addictive playtime..it is fun. See u at the tee box..

ben cheated 4 months ago

not so much other players as the game itself.... glitching taking balls and cc passes. Mysterious ball flight, balls floating over the hole, running by the hole 40 feet up hill

come on lets be honest.

WAYNEMELL0R 4 months ago

Don't blame the equipment I bet pros all day

Dan 4 months ago

Why do gimmes vary so much in length

Dano 4 months ago

There should be no such thing as gimmie putts unless I give you the gimmie,

John 4 months ago

Why don't you the WGT adjust the game to identify the users device? Thus allowing users using the same device to compete and making the playing fields even. If a computer has a cheat, and say I play on an iphone, then let me play tablet and iphone players. We all struggle the same on the smaller devices.

mike 5 months ago

I am a tour legend, been playing for 3 yrs now, really enjoy the game with the right folks, and have never used a cheat, yes better clubs will help your scoring, and i do have to agree there is a level of cheating that goes on within the game, i have played against self admitted cheats, and often they tried to recruit me for their club....no thanks, ill keep my integrity

Billyhighbeams 5 months ago

I must say starting off way back in 2013 I was also dealing with lots of glitches with the meter jumping all over the place and yes I have loss numerous balls because of it but I have made it to Legend now and I have noticed over the years that WGT has managed to fix the meter issue with just a occasional glitch now and again. I now that practice practice practice is the only way I know that will get you lower scores. I have played almost 3000 games since I have started and even though I am not totally happy with my scoring yet I know that I just need to keep on playing and one day I too will be able to shoot those low 50's every time.

Arrrel Doane Arrel201 6 months ago

This week I was move back from gold to silver and I started playing low level Hacks shooting par and sub par rounds. If you question them they get defensive or abusive. I played quite a few of both low level hacks and amateurs playing way above their levels.

Owl222 8 months ago

I withdraw from games in which the opponent is a tour pro or master and the have have no stats. If they want to play, they can play with themselves.

ian 8 months ago

it about time wgt sorted out the ppl who keep cancelling games

DZUS 8 months ago

I just played a level 95 but he was just a Tour Pro. He had a level 92 Driver hitting 292 driver from the short Tees how is this possible

Hoo123 8 months ago

I used to play and pay a lot of money nothing to spend £100 a day more fool me. What went wrong!! Play is interrupted by glitches, by players with little experiences beating me. Well I spend no more I'm fed up with spending on what I thought was a thoroughly good game. Unfortunately it all stops now:((

Burnie 8 months ago

Why do some these so called golfers including masters forfeit when they are losing poor sports it is very frustrating for golfers who are trying to level up suck it up and finish the game

Cheating 8 months ago

People dont average 52 without cheating.

It isnt possible. Especially if you consider the amount of rounds you have to play to become the top tier in the game.

You would have to shoot a perfect game which has never been shot in real tournament play about 1000 times. These people are using super slow meters and aiming guides. Basically all the people at the top of the game are cheaters.

geeDub 9 months ago

I've been playing WGT since it's inception. There is no way to cheat it. Get over yourselves. It's the most legit game out there. That said, THANKS for all the many many hours of pure entertainment WGT! :)

Marvin Owens 9 months ago

You play people in the Hack category and they make unrealistic shots again and again. So you know they are cheating.

Matthew 10 months ago

I wish there was more chances to win money cause I've only been playing a couple weeks rented a driver then lost in a couple big tournaments now I'm down to $55 and can't get into any more tournaments cause I don't have enough money

Charlie 11 months ago

The higher the level the more bunkers and rough shots happen even with indicated perfect shots. Is this programmed in, if so why?

Sirjohnny 11 months ago

there is no crying in golf , you want to beat those scores, go play, learn the clubs, manage the courses, figure out the wind, practice your putting, after awhile you will get better, not sure why some players need 1.5 million credits it's beyond me , unless your selling them through your pay pal account if i were WGT thats were i would be looking for the manipulators of this game , there are plenty of videos out there to learn from go have a look, you'll be surprised as i was....

Par507 11 months ago

Just played someone with Amateur status, and 78 avg, level 23. He has no scoring history, amazingly. After 6 holes he was 6 under par. SERIOUSLY??? Since I am Tour Pro (with higher avg) I had to play tees much further back. No fun.

manhattan1178 12 months ago

Too much red tape and play for talking. Interact and play for fun. It aint that real

Marley 13 months ago

Are those players that are winning tournaments with averages sometimes 18-20 below par really that good or are they cheating? I've been playing for over six years, a legend at level 98, and really enjoy relaxing with about one round per day. I rarely enter tournaments not cc sponsored because those "experts" take the fun out of it. I'll keep playing, but as Dirty Harry once said..."a man's got to know his limitations."

David bigg 14 months ago

Why cheat..!!!!@

And for those who are winjing about losing golf balls or someone with cheaper clubs beat you.!! So what.? Haven't you ever played real golf and lost a ball or have been flogged bye some guy with a set of hire clubs .. boo whooo

Anonymous 14 months ago

I love cheating. I've written a program that clicks the mouse automatically. I just move aimer, adjust for the wind, pick correct club and choose how far I want it to fly. My program does the rest, ding guaranteed. Avg score somewhere in the 50s.

cheetah 14 months ago

I saw an ad of WGT and decided to find this excellent article to leave comments of my experience. I used to like the game a lot back in the day until I got screwed over and over in numerous withdrawals from tournaments where I couldn't post scores. All of it was malfunction or errors from WGT's part and they refused to reimburse my lost credits (thousands and thousands lost).

I decided to get my credits back one way or another. Customer service was unwilling to help me so I turned into a multi account cheater. This way I got some of my lost credits back but realized it had killed all the fun of the game meanwhile for me. It's been six months since my last login now and I'm not planning to return.

john cauldwell 14 months ago

I have a problem with wgt regarding loss of coins when the game has a glitch, usually when the game gets stuck in a loop and after trying to get it back on track I find that my coins have disappeared. I do complain to wgt who after a while reimburse me for the coins I lost but last week I lost 33000 and they only gave me 10000 back. I complained but, its like talking to a computer or an idiot, they wouldn't return all my coins. its about time wgt got all these problems sorted..bloody frustrating.

Powerpwys0 15 months ago

I advanced after two years to Tour Pro and found myself co petting against so-called hacks. Needless to say I was beaten90% of the time. Unbelievable. SO.....in an attempt to see what goes on, I sacrificed my Level 92 to assume Hack status. It's unbelievable how easy it is to progress to thousands of points and still disguise your knowledge of the courses that have been built up over the years!

How can you have top of the range gear vis a vis equipment and balls yet still lose.

I hate hacks!!

LukeDaniel 15 months ago

I use a pop ad blocker, and not only did it smooth out and slow down my swing meter, but it skips over the commercials.

LukeDaniel

• andyoz profile image
      Author

Andrew Orrell 16 months ago from UK

I don't think the person who scored the 50 would be cheating. I don't play the game as often as I used to, but a few years back I would often shoot rounds in the low 50's. Admittedly 50 on the US Open course would be very tough indeed, but a few lucky shots and there is no reason why it wouldn't be possible. WGT have people monitoring cheats and I'm sure if the leader of the US Open was cheating they would pick up on it.

rock 16 months ago

a 50 on the leader for us open is a cheat

Reggie456 16 months ago

I was playing another player named WINSLOW59 and beating him on the 3rd course match for 180 coins , he ended up using a cheat to win the match ! The game all of sudden had the pop-up come up saying ( Waiting for Player to Recconect ) it has no elapsed time count down and continues to keeps going and going ! If you press council it will ask you the winning person that they would Forfeit the game and lose the 180 coins that they should have won ! This person should be bandoned from playing WGT !!!!! Warning this person only used a 3 iron every time teeing off on the 1st drive !!!!

Rclay777 2 years ago

Hello All,

I began playing WGT JULY 2015... It is 8/30/15 I am at Level 71, my avg score is 67.60 and I am classified as a tour pro.

It's been less than 2-months and my best 9-hole is 27 and 18-hole is 54.

I have played the game everyday for at least 3-4 hours so I believe it is possible to shoot low scores without cheating because I have no idea how to cheat in this game and I have been able to post these verifiable numbers with lots of practice and trial and error.

Still learning the game theirs a lot I don't understand, but having fun...

I do not believe it is necessary to upgrade your equipment to do it however it does make it much easier if you do. I have come accross really exceptional players with basic equipment in match games and I've come across others with great equipment who struggled with; wind, greens, club selection and general lies of the ball in sand, rough, fescue, etc.

As it relates to persons cheating I have come across only one player in a challenge match who appeared to be cheating because he was able to take a gimme putt from beyond 10'. I'm not sure how that's possible, but he did it for three holes. When I asked his secret he forfeited our match.

After playing that person, when persons are really good I generally friend request and screen shot our match to see if I observe something unusual, but that was the only time for me.

I was curious if anyone is aware how to remove the flag from thee cup when shooting from distance as not to have the flag interfere with the ball going in the cup.

I am also interested if there is a mode whereby as an example, a trainer is able to watch your pre shot settings, club selection, adjustments, distance choices and hit position or these things could be communicated for analyzation review instruction and assistance in improving.

Almost another certified level for elite players to instruct and teach newer players for credits similar to a country club or an area within the club exclusively established for shadow type training.

Thanks for reading.

Good day and Great Golfing...

rclay777

James2753 2 years ago

Cashplay.co is using shills to play against you in cash games. They are using software to control outcome of games. WGT must be compliant for this scheme to operate. Beware the cash one on one option. If you are a legitimate player also cheated by Cashplayco. then please comment and make others aware.

EricAldridge 2 years ago

I love it! FOUR!!! LOL!

TeePoet8866 3 years ago

OK...this phenomena called WGT definitely is the greatest thing going on the Internet. It's as addicting as smoking or alcohol abuse.. I play FAR, FAR too much but can't help it, it is just total fun and you get to meet wonderful people from all over the world. It took me from 9/2013 til 3/6/2014 to become a tour master.. Dedication and insomnia accomplished that feat for me.{Everyone, please forgive me all of my possibly bad manners and tantrums} BUT 1) how come many players under 90 rating and legend rating have a WGT flag by their name and I don't.... 2) YES I know for a technological fact there is cheating going on...How do you shoot in the 50's for 18 holes and been on less than a month as a Hack? How do several Hack to Pros on a tourney leader-board are all shooting in the 50's. How can I possibly beat these guys without maddening practicing?.... 3) Why cant I retrieve a lot of retrievable 500-600 credits ball? Why aren't these balls lasting 5-10 times longer to match what we pay for them?.... 4) Why haven't the camera angles on the greens been fixed to point in a 90 degree angle in reverse view and facing view? The way many of the views point makes a difficult putt even more so with varying angles....5) You shouldn't take a player's green check- mark rating away because they have computer or loading problems. Many other snobby players won't play them because of this. I know I was a victim of that when my Adobe Flash player kept crashing in the middle of several ALT games. I was labelled a quitter, and had to play many, many glitch free rounds to get my green status back.... 6) Why are the surveys rigged so that U have to be Mexican or Pacific islander etc.etc; ethnics [very politically incorrect] to answer them, and I get to only complete 1 or 2 out of a dozen surveys? I am a Bohemian Gypsy and that is a RACE (Hitler killed 9 million of my people in WW II )..So I always put {prefer not to answer}. It's also questions that are sexist and biased in many categories from age to income...7).Sooooo, HOWEVER other than my obvious unbiased bitching (LOL) I still LOVE LOVE LOVE World Golf Tour and will continue to play. I do thank you and all the players and friends I have made, for all the good created and who make up many hours of enjoyment and a social event that could bring this crazy world together!!! TeePoet8866 (AKA Li'ke Ra Quicksilver ( and my legal aka am not mentioning) GOD BLESS US ALL and be FREE

bryanpking 3 years ago

Do yo you really think WGT is going to admit to any cheating they find...it would destroy the game and their profits.......they will never do anything about it

freedom1206 4 years ago

i think it's about time a correction was made on Google so that one's space bar works properly

what tha? 4 years ago

Don't know about players cheating but I am pretty coninced that the game itself cheats!!

BlackGibbon 4 years ago

Fantastic game. Don't care about cheats(leave them to it!!). The biggest secret to wgt?........LEARN TO PUTT!!!. Practice the putts and learn the greens. Just got to PRO status and i believe the most important way i got there....I very rarely three putt. Just got my first hole in one and it was better than sex(Don't tell the wife though!!)

Enjoy the game and if anyone would like to play or just chat please invite me to be your friend(My user name is BlackGibbon)

See you on the course........ Alan

Eric 4 years ago

I am a tour master too like paul, except the 62 average. I can't get a birdie every single hole. I think a lot don't cheat and are just good at it. I am sucky at this game. Only been tour master for around a month. My average is 67. I think the word "CHEAT' is being overdone that people make something out of nothing. Hell, people could just make a lot of shots and the one that misses calls the one making them a cheater. Its called stupid. Its not cheating just because you got that word burned into your brain as that.

Jerry Falkingham 4 years ago

You know when you have hit a good shot because you get the heart beat sound i.e. its going to land about 10 feet or less from the pin, but how does the program know this, especially as the heart beat sounds as soon as you have hit the ball? There are so many scenarios e.g. a ball rolling back onto the green from the fringe, effect of the wind speed & direction etc. Anyone any ideas?

arefelbeiks 5 years ago

st andrew course is pretty easy.started a week and a half ago a amateaur81.6 level 33. average -2 on course.

paul 5 years ago

If you play the unlimited play tournaments over and over, you will find that you get to know the courses really well, you learn how best to approach each pin. Also the higher end clubs have loads of spin and can drop the ball dead, even with 3 iron ! but they are faster swing. The best way is to upgrade when you feel you have reached the limit of your clubs and try to keep your clubs at the same swing speed. By upgrading to slower balls each time you go up a speed, clubwise, you can maintain a swingable meter.

I am a tour master with 62 av. when I am playing well i feel i can bird every hole, but little mistakes here and there cost me shots and I know why I missed.

lohk8er 5 years ago

The meter definitely needs adjusting if so many people are complaining then its the program. I have a brand new Samsung rv520 and some days my meter skips and sometimes it doesn't. But, I I do believe its the gaming program

tombo 5 years ago

I have been playing since February, am at level 82 and at Master level. I too see scores that are very unbelievable, like low 50's for 18 holes. These people who do cheat are people who will never amount to something because they will not get away with cheating all of their lives. The game is a masterpiece but even master pieces have their problems and the meter glitches and are a pain but you just have to live with it.

Jerry Falkingham 5 years ago

Absolutely amazing game. Very realistic.

As for the cheats, all I can say is 'Cheats never prosper'. Get real you cheaters out there, you are only really cheating yourself, not others, out of mastering this amazing game - best on the internet by miles.

Meter glitches are a pain, but I think this is more down to your own computer, rather than WGT. Come on, let's stop knocking WGT all the time. We have a saying in England which is 'Its a poor workman who blames his tools'.

Just enjoy this fantastic game & stop bleating!!!

burchell123 5 years ago

Wouldn't it of been a better idea to unlock better clubs as you progress through tiers as oppose to levelling up,i think this would of helped against the cheats still out there level 80 or 90+ still pretending to be pro and tour pro

Michael Rae 5 years ago

i stumbled upon this game and i have been playing computer golf since the computer was able. I was playing world class golf since 1990 and im hooked up to a level 80 in 9 months of playing.it plays actual conditions at Kiawah island. I played Kiawah Island ocean course and what i seen on wgt really help when I played the ocean course. so golf pros out there playing the pga championship it would help to play a few rounds in your spare time on the computer.

peekster 5 years ago

Love the game. I broke my leg in jan and started playing mar 29. one thing i don't like is the wind is always blowing. where i play for real the wind doesn't blow all the time. how about a windless round once in awhile.

pgturne 5 years ago

I agree with Lazur, I started on 1 Feburary 2012 and made tourmaster after 6 weeks- just by playing a lot and learning have shot a a couple of 50s and one 12 under. Have fun and play the course to get better

Cr8zykev 5 years ago

Hi again all.

Just wanted to add a comment on people quitting the game.

This is a very annoyingand frustrating part of the game especially when you are trying to level up. You get more exp when you finish a game with multiple players. But what can really be done about it? Someone suggested raising there score slightly or even moving tiers. The problem with that would be the sandbagging that would happen. This would make it sooooooo easy for people to ''sandbag''. So what could be a punishment as such for this? I think if they do punish someone for quitting out due to bad shots or whatever then the punishment should be something like they are not allowed to play with another player for a certain timeframe. But this would have problems too, sometimes the connection fails with some people and you have no choice but to quit the game So if they did do this then there would have to be a counter, or lifes as such, say 2 times in a 12 hour period or something. Either way people are just going to have to suck it up for this is a problem that really cant be resolved.

Cr8zykev 5 years ago

You can't move your player, you can change the camera angles but that is it. The reason for this is because the game uses hundreds and hundreds of real photographs to capture the realism of each and every hole, but occasionally you get a really poor view of your avatar/ball. best thing to do is to change views and give it your best shot.

I am a lvl 48 master. I have not paid any money whatsoever on the site but i have srixon z stars(which i think is great value for money) v2 driver which goes 255, v2 3 wood goes 220, spider putter, increments of 25-50-100-150, 58 & 64 z star wedges, 85yds & 65 yds and a set of burner irons. all through completeing a few offers/questionnaires.

I have got pretty good at the game using this equipment shooting between 63 and 67 normally. The players that shoot lower scores with beginner clubs can do just that. The only thing i would say that you really have to do when moving up tiers is get a new driver. I have not noticed cheating, but there is bound to be some, theres cheaters in basically everything in life, so just make do with it. The meter problems are more down to your equipment rather then wgt themselves, although i should imagine when they have there busy periods it does not help the matter.

I think overall this game is amazing. Great fun, couldn't really get any more realistic.

Once you learn how to putt, you will notice your scores dramatically lower. If i miss putts now im usually left with a 2nd putt of less then 3 ft. get the power down to a tee and you will notice the differnce.

My usernames Cr8zykev. Add me if youy like, i play 3-4 times a week on here, always happy to accept a new friend.

Thanks

mauricetowner 5 years ago

how do i move my player when i am stuck in a bunker

Lazur 5 years ago

Hello again people, i wrote on here when i first found this page and read the few comment's i saw, so i'am glad to see that people are talking but i'am sorry to see what there talking about is the same old stuff which is perhap's meaningless. I posted my 1st comment 3 week's after playing on "WGT" and turning Pro then, about 9 month's later i turned Legend and my low score is 28 for 9 hole's and 61 for 18 hole's, ive got 143 eagle's because i learned how to putt, figure it out you don't have to cheat. I will have been playing this game for a year come this April which is today so in 10 month's i made Legend, if you have the time and love to play you can do it, i don't have the best eye, hand cordination not like the young kid's that grew up with remote's in there hand's but what i did was practise, practise, practise and you can to. Forget about somebody cheating aren't you playing the course i am, so to me the course is the enemy guy's get on line and beat it man. I'am 61 year's old this April 3rd, i grew up with a stick in my hand's when i played cowboy's and indian's when i was a child pretending it was my rifle. This game isn't much different just have fun and don't worry about all this stuff i just read, everything work's out in the end for the best i find out and this golf game is fun so have fun and let the cheat's have there fun cheating and the rest of us that don't cheat just relax and have a blast, a blast at the ball, it's all about the Ding..........

Don 5 years ago

How can a player do 52 on a 72 - 2 eagle and the rest birdie - it's imp even for legends

alnmac 5 years ago

I agree with Ray Munroe, get these QUITTERS punished

Bankerbob 5 years ago

I had no idea that there would be any reason to cheat. Golf is one of the sports where it's just you and the ball. I love the idea that you can join in a game with someone from far away and be able to chat while playing. I played with a Tour Pro and an Amateur at St. Andrew's and the TPro got a hole in one!!! Pretty cool. The Amateur dropped out. We played on and while I ended up 12 over. So what, we had fun.

I enjoy playing.

yaegermx 5 years ago

they also quit early if they have a bad hole or two

yaegermx 5 years ago

I just enjoy beating the sandbaggers and cheaters

Ray Munroe 5 years ago

If a player quits in the middle of a game, why can`t you penalize him by dropping him a level or raising his average ?

Nainotreve 5 years ago

been on nearly 9 months, joined a Country Club and entered their tournys never come anywhere but play regularly with the same guys.old saying cheats never prosper... let em cheat i enjoy the crack playing with all those, like me, who do it for fun...never paid a penny and have now saved via ads and surveys to upgrade my WGT starter clubs.... its a game ...enjoy it...ps add as friend for a fun round if you want a good chat and a laugh while playing...that's what its all about.(kenny)

ANDRIES 5 years ago

I've now been playing for almost 3 weeks. I shoot regular high 30's. This is the first time I read about guys cheating in the game. Surely if I play for a few months, I'll be shooting 32's or so? bring on the cheats, we can beat them!

Phiber 5 years ago

Yep, there are cheats, but primarily they are the snadbaggers and since there is no rule against it, is it really cheating. I have more pride than that. I started playing this game on Sept 14th 2011, I made Legend 2 weeks ago but I worked my butt off to get there. Yes the game has glitches and many of them are programmed into the game I am sure. I would hate to think that they "cause" people to lose balls just so their sales go up, I am pretty sure the California Department of Consumer Affairs would step in if that were the case.

scottytb 5 years ago

fun game but they drain you with the cost of balls...if you don't mind never having a chance to win place in a tournament then use basic balls. Also, its obvious that even the cheapest tourneys have pathetic cheaters. Hacks shooting in the 50's is ridiculous and its a waste of money for beginners to even attempt playing them. Do something about the low-lifes that cheat and maybe I will make another deposit, but for now its not going to happen.

Windbottom 5 years ago

Been playing a few weeks. Best round is 71 with the basic clubs. A few buy all the nice stuff and go ''ooo look at me' when for me...it's a hollow victory. I will NEVER pay for stuff on this but will watch the ads and enter tournaments. Maybe in a year I can get some new clubs. Cheats?

I think so. Seeing hacks shoot 60 and under is just silly. It could be a one off for an amatuer or hack but...quite a few do it and leave you with a feeling of frustration cos you know they must've cheated. I've heard about an automatic metre reader software patch that plays shots for you. Could be rumours but it would explain a lot.

EdLloyd3 5 years ago

I agree with Pete. Bethpage course is not right. Shooting a very good round there is almost impossible. Elevated greens on more than half the holes that you cant get too. That course is terrible. It doesn't play fair.

• andyoz profile image
      Author

Andrew Orrell 5 years ago from UK

What Mike does not seem to understand is that this is a free game. I have been playing WGT for over two year and never paid a penny. I have won prizes, made friends and loved every minute of it.

Sure you can pay money to buy better equipment, but you don't have to.

mike 5 years ago

This is another example of "legal theft" on the net, it's just like internet poker where everyone is given "relative success" via hoaxed programming,and so despite their ability they just to keep coming back for more/spending more, and all consequencing in making the billionaire owners multi-billionaires. Absolute nonsense it is. Don't join!

Jan 5 years ago

Playing a lot of WGT, but calling it realistic is wrong. How many "realistic" players shoot 55 in a 18 hole round - no one ...

thumbless 5 years ago

can you fix the problem when people quit on their turn and locks the game up?

tonygovier 5 years ago

found the game by accident and love it, never thought about cheating and don't care for it. again if otheres cheat then so be it, its only a game and a free one at that, win or lose i enjoy myself and have found some good friends in the game, i always say with anything like this, if you don't like it don't play it, it saves others ear ache listening to the moans and groans, and for those that cant quite get to those top spaces, patience and perseverence is the key, if there are any cheaters out there they will get caught out in time, stay happy and enjoy all, its a hobby not an income to pay your bils.

roedog11 5 years ago

who wants to stay at a lower tier to beat someone who cant play as well as you to me you would be the loser no matter what

donym 5 years ago

This is a great game and you can progress if you play regularly even with beginners clubs. Meter problems are usually your equipment not the game, especially if you use wireless. Play it and enjoy.

rellingson55 5 years ago

I haven't been able to access the website to log into WGT Golf for a few days. I've been unable to get my golf fix. Is anyone else having this problem?

Dale 5 years ago

I can understand the meter, but I feel that it has improved over the last year. I have been playing wgt for two years now, great game. But I have had my inclinations in regards to people cheating, I feel that if a person has to cheat then they are losers anyway. The only way they obviously can win at anything in their lives is to cheat. It is only a game "but a great one" I have never cheated and always tried very hard to lower my average through hard work and a lot of practice. I would hope that all who are involved in this golf game can see we could be charged to even belong to it, yes there is cost involved in purchasing balls and clubs, but I am one of those who have taken my time to get to where I no longer need any clubs to continue my game. But on occasion do need balls lol. I have met some wonderful people on this game, and made a couple friends out of it. I hope that as mature adults we all can play this golf game with integrity and dignity. I would like to add "Hey wgt how about an occasional unplanned thunder storm now and then or some lite rain. And maybe making the avatar have to tee up their own ball, or have the avatar be able to remove their glove on the putting green. Things like this would really make the "realistic" be more realistic. thanks Dale

maswin 5 years ago

I like this game, but I hate the swing meter - sometimes it jumps and I don't think it gives a constant speed for the clubs - its often ultra fast.

I Wish WGT could sort the freezes - this is a real pain.

The other thing its - lets make a pact - once you start a game - finish it!

scott 5 years ago

awesome game.

2ballsandastick 5 years ago

im a legend and have worked hard to get there as for cheaters there are a few on here, it is possible to shoot low scores with beginners sets if you play with them for long enough and learn fast

lukey 5 years ago

As long as you don't enter the tournaments where you have to play credits to enter you can't find anyone who cheats.

kondor 5 years ago

well prevent sandbagging is already very difficult in true golf, figure in WGT! anyway agree with original post: very nice golf game, very realistic, apart chipping, weeds, fescue and often wind!! Improving here is just a question of time and, of course, of credits =O) Cheating here just a marginal question: too many variables involved and skill needed!! Better a Hack than a hacker ;)

Pete 5 years ago

Stay away from Bethpage Black and your scores will improve. The course does not function like the other courses, esp around the greens. This is not because it is harder per se, but there is something wrong programming wise imho.

Booker 5 years ago

After reading this article, I find myself inadvertently cheating (but for non-cheating reasons). I split my time between 2 countries. I initially refused to pay $ for new equipment and used all my free credits earned on balls rather than clubs. It became obvious that I really couldn't advance much farther so I created a new player-which I have played exclusively since. I've upgraded nicely and enjoy the game at level 56 so far. Sorry, didn't think that was cheating, fellas.

gasmoker1 5 years ago

I've been playing wgt a year, been legend for about 3 months! I think people do cheat, just got to learn who to play with! But i love the game! 90% of the balls I use I get free anyway, they give enough credits away, so who cares if you lose them!

nutelladude 5 years ago

i have shot a 56 at congressional, it was fun. I was never a believer of how people could shoot 52s and 53s i thought it was all BS. but after my 56 i realized that you could go that low. I did miss a lot of putts on that 56 so a 52 is very possible. believe it guys, they are just better than you

PlayerRckyMtn 5 years ago

If you want to 'sniff' out a cheater, challenge them to a match play game and set the shot meter to 3o or 45 seconds. The cheaters who have to use very slow meters, cannot get a shot off in that much time. I have played for at least a year or more, and can easily line up and hit about 99% of my shots in 30 secs or less. I don't care about other's scores, but when you compete in the tournaments, it would be nice to think a 6 to 10 under would get you close, but when the cut is more like 15 under forget it. The current leader in the Fall Tour is at 52, seriously, that is some (unfortunately) unbelievable shot making. But just have fun and don't compete with them it is golf...you against the course.

chuckalucky 5 years ago

B.S. This game cheats.You roll a 3 foot putt on even ground and it rolls 6 foot pass the hole then roll it back at the same speed and you are 4 feet short.Then you hit driver down the center and it ends up in a sand trap off the fairway with no wind or slope.Thay just want you to buy the up grades.

ROME 5 years ago

I've been playing since January of 2008, have a scoring average of 69, and am at Master status. I did all that with beginner clubs. I recently bought a driver, 3W, and putter...only because I began playing matchplay more frequently and needed more firepower to keep up with players with better equipment.

It truly is like real golf, the more you play, the better you become. You learn the intricacies of the courses, individual holes, your equipment, etc.

I've never come across anyone I thought to be cheating. With the right equipment and knowledge...you can birdie nearly every hole on every course with practice.

yeah right 6 years ago

itys about the clubs and balls you use to get those low scores....you cant shoot a 54 with starter clubs!!

Stan 6 years ago

I played against a relatively unskilled player - in the sand and rough a lot. Good recovery shots though. But, anyway I was consistently closer to the pin than him but still lost badly because no matter how long and winding his putts they either went in or were 1 inch from the hole.

I am convinced he was using some sort of putting program.

I am not generally paranoid about this and he is the only person I ever accused.

Dkilgore 6 years ago

The game is great...could be better if the pins changed location

Jan Hansen 6 years ago

I have been playing WGT for some time now, 4 - 5 months, and is being called a "cheater".

I have a personal record on 58 shots for a par 72 round and is very proud of it, a second best at 59... and then the usual 63 - 65's. I DID win a monthly Kiawah tournament, i did win the enourmous amount of 400 credits and i did brag about my win, but i have no clue how to cheat. I asked a friend to to create macros for the game to go around meter speed, i tried to create programs to calculte diversion from wind and i tried to said my online friends... How on earth could they know that, i live in Denmark and they in US ? i have played golf on computers since Leaderboard on C64, i have allways been amongst the best because i try and try and train and train. I play with a fantastic person whu regulary shoot 60 - 58 rounds, and we sit opposite each other on my dining table when playing, how can anyone of us cheat when we both sit and watches our games on my 60" to learn from each others mistakes ? I have done thousands of chips, pitchs and flops to learn how the ball react, i tried 10 different balls to see how they spin and have playd ten thousand sandshots to learn how and when i get the result i need.... And i cheat ???

The only place i "cheat" is that i buy the clube I play best with, i Buy the best balls for my game, it isn't the most expensive balls, it isn't vaportrailed luxury balls, but they drop better for me than the other balls. I buy puttingpal to get beter distance on putts, i even placed three bits of tape on my monitor to have anchor points in my game..

It really hurts to be called a simple cheater because you are better than your opponent, it really bugs me when people leave the game bacaus you birdied the first 4 holes...

BTW, you cant use a macro on the game, it is tried without success, you CAN create windcalculators, but that is for anyone to do, it is simple trial and error calculations, and anyone can "draw" maps of slopes on greens to be able to place their ball with the best possible route to the hole. The good player is the one who don't need that, who remember the individual holes and places the ball within 2 feet from hole in best direction.