"Rise of Mythos" Guide: Tips for Beginners to the Strategy Card Game
Rise of Mythos is a fun strategy card game with real-time fighting elements to it. It resembles Magic: The Gathering combined with Final Fantasy.
In this game, you will be fighting against enemies in a 3-row grid that spans across the battle map. You also get to start building your card deck after the initial introduction to the game. There is plenty of stuff you can do in town. I am going to break down the stuff you can do.
This is your main currency. It can be used to buy card packs and upgrade buildings.
This is the real money currency. Using this will let you obtain the best cards in the game. Money talks!
This is used in upgrading your buildings.
This is the hall that allows you to upgrade your buildings.
- City Hall: Gain Silver and Crystal every day. Upgrade it for more of these goodies every day. You can levy your taxes ane charge more as well.
- The Seaport: This allows more crystal and silver gains from expeditions while you are
- The Alchemy Lab: Allows you to combine cards and get better ones. Each upgrade level allows you to combine more powerful cards. At level 3, you can fuse and extract materials from cards.
- The Blacksmith: Upgrading this improves your chances of upgrading/enchanting your cards.
You team up with other players to fight super-tough elite monsters to win good cards and prizes. This is definitely worth it and I recommend that you do it whenever you can.
This is where all the PvP takes place. If you enjoy dueling using your cards, this is where you want to be.
You can join a guild and contribute to the guild for some rewards.
You can buy and sell cards here to earn some gold.
There are seven card types in the game:
Each card type has its own special abilities that are prominent among that card type. For example, human cards have special qualities such as Calvary that grants plus 2 movement speed bonus. Each card type is useful in their own way, so use them to your advantage. Beast card types are pretty balanced. Ogre card types have many high defense points, making it suitable to be part of your deck if you are trying to build a more defensive deck.
The gameplay of Rise of Mythos is really simple. You have a deck of cards that you play on a 3-row battlefield. As you place cards in the boxes, your cards will turn into the real version of your card and fight for you. There are also instant casting cards that you can use that is specific to your class when you get to choose one.
Strong cards usually need a few turns before it can be summoned into the battlefield. There are also all kinds of strategies that you can use. Ideally, you will want to put your front line fighters such as the Paladin or Horseman to protect your archers from the back.
A well-balanced deck consists of ranged fighters, mages, instant cast cards, front line fighters, and some defensive walls. However, you can tweak your deck to suit your play style that deviates from the balanced deck.
- Melee Deck: Pump your deck with nothing but melee warriors such as Ogre or Paladin. Use brute force to win against your enemy!
- Ranged Deck: Pump your deck with ranged archers to kill your enemies before they can get to you. This is what I call the glass cannon deck. It can work very well in campaign if you have a highly offensive archer line up. It clears the map fast, allowing you to fight more battles in a short amount of time.
- Mage Deck: Put tonnes of priestess' and front line mages(Vampire Mage) and deal some serious magic damage.
There you have it guys! I will be adding more details once I get more information on the different card types. There are way too many combinations that you can use to fight against your enemies.